SNAIL Oval Racing

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 192 comments
We had two ties in car voting. I'll flip a coin and you'll just have to trust me. The winners are as follows:

Hobby Stocks:

2. Nova SS '70

Late Models

4. Camaro SS '10

Race Car

8. Camaro Z28 Race Car '69

Track choices will be coming soon.

Track choices are ready to go. Please vote for one track to go with each car. Voting will close on Saturday at 8 PM ET.

All cars will run on sport soft tires this week.

A note about the Z28. When I did my initial testing, I tested the car with the power limited for some reason. I did not catch it as I was allowed into a tuning prohibited room with it. This car will not be used for spec racing after this week. As penguin mentioned, it's just doesn't have enough gear. This week, you will need to use the power limiter to get that car to 300 HP. Do not do anything else to the car or it will be considered tuned.

Hobby Stocks:

Nova SS '70

1. Toyota Raceway
2. Utah Motor Speedway

Late Models

Camaro SS '10

3. 1.95 mile Oval
4. 1.79 D Shaped Desert

Race Car

Camaro Z28 Race Car '69

5. Fayettville Speedway
6. Rock Hill Raceway

@JLBowler , Sir, will this stuff be continued? Ahh, would like to give it a try because I had soo much fun when an oval was picked for the Spec Racing for Sunday Night not so long ago...
:cheers:

Time EST?

@JLBowler , Sir, will this stuff be continued? Ahh, would like to give it a try because I had soo much fun when an oval was picked for the Spec Racing for Sunday Night not so long ago...

Time EST?

I don't know that we will race every Saturday but more often than not, we'll be racing. Start time is 10 PM ET.

Hoping to make it to tonight's festivities!

Mr. @JLBowler I sent you a friend request....

I'll get that accepted right now. Please grab at least the six tracks up for vote tonight. I'm hoping that if everyone has them saved that it will cut down on some of the lag we saw last week.

Here's what we're running tonight. We'll go with 25 laps for the Hobby Stock, 25 for the Late Model, and 30 for the Race Car. Remember to use the power limiter on the Z28 race car to limit it to 300 HP. All cars will be on sports soft and wear will be normal.

Hobby Stocks:

Nova SS '70

Utah Motor Speedway

Late Models

Camaro SS '10

1.95 mile Oval

Race Car

Camaro Z28 Race Car '69

Rock Hill Raceway

Just got home from work. Need a beer and some herbals then I'll be good. Shoulder has been acting up a bit and hurting

Hey guys,can't make it tonight. Too bad, I think I will like this series

Time EST?

Hoping to make it to tonight's festivities!

Mr. @JLBowler I sent you a friend request....

Here's what we're running tonight. We'll go with 25 laps for the Hobby Stock, 25 for the Late Model, and 30 for the Race Car. Remember to use the power limiter on the Z28 race car to limit it to 300 HP. All cars will be on sports soft and wear will be normal.

Hobby Stocks:

Nova SS '70

Utah Motor Speedway

Late Models

Camaro SS '10

1.95 mile Oval

Race Car

Camaro Z28 Race Car '69

Rock Hill Raceway

Plans have changed....... See you all later. Gotta buy some cars now.

Just got home from work. Need a beer and some herbals then I'll be good. Shoulder has been acting up a bit and hurting

Hope the last race goes well. The wife was bugging me for something and the connection just would not cooperate for me tonight.

The club is already built. Anyone who has raced will be getting a club invite from me tomorrow. We will go that route and hope it gets better. We may also have to go one track for the night as I think a part of the issue may be that when I open a new room, the game allows people to join before I have even loaded into the room. When it's too many people, I seem to freeze up.

People should always wait a few minutes before joining. I thought that was known for Sunday night issues but yeah. That's a good thing to do to make sure no one joins before you fully load.

I would like an invite as well. Little sister came into town for Thanksgiving (from Daytona beach) brought 12 inches of snow with her here to little old Battle Creek Michigan, so I was tearing the roads up on my sleds last night. Entirely too much fun to come into and try to focus on Oval Racing.

I'm interested to join if you allow me.
It would be a great opportunity to assess my racecraft...
Thanks, Max.

I don't believe this is part of what you were told you needed to do to be reinstated. You will not be allowed in this series until you meet the requirements that have been put in front of you by @zer05ive.

Guys, I didn't get any invites to the club sent out today. I will try for tomorrow. Nobody should feel like I left them out.

I don't believe this is part of what you were told you needed to do to be reinstated. You will not be allowed in this series until you meet the requirements that have been put in front of you by @zer05ive.

Well it seems that Zer05ive has no intention of reinstating me at all, because he hasn't given me any DOABLE solution. what Zer05ive told me to be reinstated is to participate in thursday night practices which I can't, because I work weekdays until 11pm.

This said, I try to find solutions on my part, but no one (read Zer05ive only) wishes to cooperate...

Last edited:
Eh practice runs past 11pm regularly. And most Thursdays the d4-6 room stays open until after midnight with 4 drivers or so..

There is another practice room that stays open late as well. Plus lots of guy practice throughout the week when time allows it. If you look hard there is almost always someone practicing the combos for the upcoming week.

We will not be running this Saturday. It's a holiday weekend and I will most likely not be available as I'm sure some of you will not be as well.

Club invites will be going out today. When we come back to following week, races will be in a club only room.

I'm interested to join if you allow me.
It would be a great opportunity to assess my racecraft...
Thanks, Max.

Well it seems that Zer05ive has no intention of reinstating me at all, because he hasn't given me any DOABLE solution. what Zer05ive told me to be reinstated is to participate in thursday night practices which I can't, because I work weekdays until 11pm.

This said, I try to find solutions on my part, but no one (read Zer05ive only) wishes to cooperate...

I ran with Max the other night and found him to be patient and respectable on the track!

Back