SNAIL Time Trial Events

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 341 comments
What about your personal account?

Edit: I know that isn’t everyone, but can you at least see my time there? (Also meaning, is it a general problem or something just with the new account)

@SAMHAIN85 is it possible that it will only show 10 people and no more?

I logged into my personal account and more than 10 show up including the ones I cant see with the SNAIL account.

20190411_113252.jpg

Maybe the time trial account needs to run a Q? A glitch?

Yeah it must be some sort of weird glitch with 100% fresh new accounts. And I'll see if running a qually lap fixed anything.

The weird part is that its not just exclusive to the in-game friends times not being listed, it also doesnt appear on the website.

Could it be that if you weren’t friends with the account before this daily race started that you won’t pop up until next week? Because I just joined like 2 days ago after Daily A started for this week so maybe next week I’ll pop up?

Updated TT in Post #2
If you have signed up but dont see your name let us know.

On an unrelated note, can you make the division colors match what Sunday SNAIL has here, and what the Endurance Series has here? In other words:

D1 = Blue
D2 = Green
D3 = Yellow
D4 = Orange
D5 = Red

Feel free to ignore, I'm probably the only person who actually cares...

That works. The only reason I went with those colors was because it was used in Coach's 2014 points page. I used the same colors for last years and this year's points pages to try to keep things uniform. When I have time I'll go back and change the colors in them to match these new ones you suggested.

Could it be that if you weren’t friends with the account before this daily race started that you won’t pop up until next week? Because I just joined like 2 days ago after Daily A started for this week so maybe next week I’ll pop up?

Thats not a bad guess but I dont think its the case. I logged into the game tonight and only saw 17 times when I checked, but it included you. I backed out and when I reloaded the Friends rankings again... 20 appeared magically. The 3 drivers that werent showing up originally were Brad, stele and Phlano. I know for sure Brad and stele were one of the first two to send friend requests out of everyone. So I dont think it matters when you are signed up.

Shout out to Jamcar for creating a really cool google doc for this

Leaderboard looks great gentlemen. Will their be a separate leaderboard for cumulative standings?

Jam and I talked about this but we think its best to not use a points system. The old time trials used one but some of the lower division guys would be at a big disadvantage and others might be less inclined to join. By wiping the slate clean each week I think it'll help us keep the numbers up.

We're open to ideas so if anyone has any feel free to post. I was thinking about maybe introducing $hell payouts for finishing #1 in your respective division, or something along those lines. That way you'd be 'competing' against guys of similar skill as well as everyone else.

Last edited:
Jam and I talked about this but we think its best to not use a points system. The old time trials used one but some of the lower division guys would be at a big disadvantage and others might be less inclined to join. By wiping the slate clean each week I think it'll help us keep the numbers up.

We're open to ideas so if anyone has any feel free to post. I was thinking about maybe introducing $hell payouts for finishing #1 in your respective division, or something along those lines. That way you'd be 'conpeting' against guys of similar skill as well as everyone else.
Understandable...I just like seeing where I stand amongst some of the finest drivers in Snail. :cheers:

Accidentally logged into my OJ account after work to try +3 BB. Didn't mean to put an additional account on the leaderboard.

I'm having some trouble carrying speed out of the corners and maintaining momentum in this weeks car.

Doesn't even seem to matter what BB I use, -3 to 5, doesnt matter as long as I slow down quick enough and coast through the apex a little, as a friend suggested. It seems to work but I'm lacking the patience to sit there and wait for the apex. My brain wants me to do something, either accelerate or brake.

How are you guys doing with Daily A?

I'm having some trouble carrying speed out of the corners and maintaining momentum in this weeks car.

Doesn't even seem to matter what BB I use, -3 to 5, doesnt matter as long as I slow down quick enough and coast through the apex a little, as a friend suggested. It seems to work but I'm lacking the patience to sit there and wait for the apex. My brain wants me to do something, either accelerate or brake.

How are you guys doing with Daily A?
Not really well at the moment either. 1:14.xxx is my best so far. I haven’t messed with BB yet but might give that a go to see if I can improve my time.

I found coming off the corners in 3rd rather than second helps you off a lot better. The peak torque in that car is down low somewhere between 4-5K

Yeah, dont bother with 2nd gear.

800px-Tsukuba-circuit.svg.png

And shift to 4th just before turn 7.

I try to follow Lester's lines and shift points. Worth watching his replay if you haven't.

I want to share a picture of my Daily C GTR and realize I dont know how to do that. Trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
Watched some top ten replays and noticed one has something unusual going on when shifting into fourth. The gear display briefly shows a 5 just before the 4. Does this have something to do with shiftgate?

Watched some top ten replays and noticed one has something unusual going on when shifting into fourth. The gear display briefly shows a 5 just before the 4. Does this have something to do with shiftgate?
Idk about that, but that was a really fast friend acceptance

I havent seen any funny business with shifting lately. Which guy? I'd like to have a look.

Lester for sure is doing it. It's just another shift glitch to negate the shifting lag. Use at your own risk

Is this the 2 shift up, 1 down thing? That would be a little disappointing if he was.

I feel strongly that gaming the TTs is, well really cheap. Can't possibly feel good.

Last edited:
I watched some laps, couldn't really tell. Looks good to me unless you guys explain it better

His #2 lap looked good to me but I havent watched his newer #1 lap.

There are quite a few guys that I'm normally ahead of that are killing me this week. I still think it's mostly because I'm not fully dialed in yet, but I guess it's possible something funny is going on.

I finished 9th at this track the last time it was up, so I kinda know the lines.

Last edited:
Back