So, about that course creator.

• Thread starter interpunct
  • 831 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually really curious to know what planned/promised online/"future update" feature has taken the longest time to launch between initial software platform (game) launch and actual integration of the feature - GTA V was launched in mid-September of 2013, and the online heist feature was only just released this past march. The Course Maker would need to come out sometime this month or June in order to beat Rockstar on development time...

It's kinda sad, really, that it takes this long for games to be complete these days. The online generation has so much potential but it usually gets squandered with the "oh we'll finish/fix it later" mentality.

I'm actually really curious to know what planned/promised online/"future update" feature has taken the longest time to launch between initial software platform (game) launch and actual integration of the feature - GTA V was launched in mid-September of 2013, and the online heist feature was only just released this past march. The Course Maker would need to come out sometime this month or June in order to beat Rockstar on development time...

It's kinda sad, really, that it takes this long for games to be complete these days. The online generation has so much potential but it usually gets squandered with the "oh we'll finish/fix it later" mentality.
I think it has more to do with how complex todays video games are, and trying to adhere to the same old development time and/or release schedule gets harder and harder.

I think it has more to do with how complex todays video games are, and trying to adhere to the same old development time and/or release schedule gets harder and harder.

That is true, but we're constantly being told "almost" and "soon", and then end up waiting a year. It can only go so far, and this am example of it going last the boundaries of acceptability. It was talked about pre-launch, and set as one of the key points of the game, "hype-builders", per-say. Yes, there was no set date, nor a timeframe or deadline, but whenever this thing was being talked about, it was "might just miss launch with the game", "soon", and then several months later, "in beta".

We still haven't gotten it yet.

That is true, but we're constantly being told "almost" and "soon", and then end up waiting a year. It can only go so far, and this am example of it going last the boundaries of acceptability. It was talked about pre-launch, and set as one of the key points of the game, "hype-builders", per-say. Yes, there was no set date, nor a timeframe or deadline, but whenever this thing was being talked about, it was "might just miss launch with the game", "soon", and then several months later, "in beta".

We still haven't gotten it yet.
Eh, depends on who you are. For me, I have other life events to worry about, other games to play, etc. So it'll come when it comes for me, I'm not really bothered by the wait.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I read them all and well I guess that it's nice to know that it's still hasn't been "cancelled". I'm glad a lot of people here are still hopeful for it but the cynic in me tells me this might be something pushed to GT7. Just like Liveries were announced for GT5 and that didn't happen either, and sadly hasn't yet.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I read them all and well I guess that it's nice to know that it's still hasn't been "cancelled". I'm glad a lot of people here are still hopeful for it but the cynic in me tells me this might be something pushed to GT7. Just like Liveries were announced for GT5 and that didn't happen either, and sadly hasn't yet.
Excuse me, what was announced for gt5? i remember that livery editor was taken in cosideration but nothing more

Excuse me, what was announced for gt5?
YouTube upload, matchmaking, social clubs and racing leagues, GT5 Prologue garage transfer.

His specific example was incorrect, since the closest anyone ever came to mentioning a livery editor was Kaz's coy mathematician answers given in response to the topic being broached; but there is enough precedent for announced features simply going *poof* by the time the game actually released that his fears seem reasonable to me.

The less you think about it the faster will come. Enjoy with what you have right now and try to be patient and entertain yourself with other things.

Having said that.... CMON KAZ!!!!!! CMON PD!!!!!!! I want it before I die

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I read them all and well I guess that it's nice to know that it's still hasn't been "cancelled".

Know what else hasn't been "cancelled"?

The Last Guardian :sly:

May be the CM and TLG are both lost at sea together on a piece of driftwood.

Reactions: kjb
YouTube upload, matchmaking, social clubs and racing leagues, GT5 Prologue garage transfer.

His specific example was incorrect, since the closest anyone ever came to mentioning a livery editor was Kaz's coy mathematician answers given in response to the topic being broached; but there is enough precedent for announced features simply going *poof* by the time the game actually released that his fears seem reasonable to me.

Well, I remember seeing a picture around here with that in a screen on the background with a topic talking about it and it looked like a conference regarding some new features of GT5 at the time. So if I'm wrong I'm not surprised but its not like it hasn't happened before ya know like you said.

Know what else hasn't been "cancelled"?

The Last Guardian :sly:

May be the CM and TLG are both lost at sea together on a piece of driftwood.

Oh come on, that hurt. :guilty:

Well, I remember seeing a picture around here with that in a screen on the background with a topic talking about it and it looked like a conference regarding some new features of GT5 at the time. So if I'm wrong I'm not surprised but its not like it hasn't happened before ya know like you said.
That was GT5 when it was still GT:HD.

Sometimes i just forget the fact that the ps3 is a 7-8 years old gaming hardware, and by the standards of today, very antiquated.
Probably the CM is keeping on remembering this to PD. Let's wait and see what happen, with all the rants/speculations inbetween to keep us distracted.

People are aware of the hardware limitations on the PS3 but the typical whiners won't understand the system limitations. So if you're going to keep bashing GT just stop playing it plain and simple and move on unless you're secretly still in love with the game.

I just realized, its empty promises like these that hurts the gaming industry as a whole.

All the new games seem to either have bugs, or missing features. This leads intelligent gamers to wait out the launch of a game to see how it fares (most online console games are unplayable at launch, due to bandwidth bottlenecking). So companies lose alot of sales. Even casual gamers search the web for the lowdown on games/consoles.
I myself didnt buy gt6 until this march, because I knew it didn't have course maker and not much more premium cars. Only thing it offers is online, smh

Another example is ps4. besides it's processing power its no different than the ps3. It doesn't play movies or music better. So it strength lies in its ability to play games. Whatever game you feel justifies the price is up to you. I havnt found it yet.

The point is we are "intelligent gamers", so its in their best interest to stop treating us like we are stupid!

Last edited:
How can it be a full game when it only has half the content of their previous game?
Because they didn't recycle all their old content like some other developers?

Not to mention I bet the development team for T10 is much larger than PD.
http://blogs.microsoft.com/next/2011/09/16/forza-motorsport-pt1-turn-10-studios/
As of Forza 4:
70 full-time employees, rising to 400 including contractors as the production effort rises during the game
What that translates into vs. 130ish and how long that 400 is employed is anyone's guess but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the T10 team is necessarily bigger. They are also outputting games faster with a full Forza game every 2 years since 2007 and 2 Forza Horizons in there as well.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Does it make you feel better, or superior to label people like this?
Does it make you feel better to point it out?

Oh? You know more than us? :D

Seriously, I think many underestimate the work to achieve a course maker.

I'm pretty sure it will be available this year....
This really does not matter. They marketed this game with the course maker as its major feature. I dont think any clear thinking customer cares how much work it takes when its 16 months late and it was supposed to be there on release or soon after.

Forza 4 took off 1/3 of the content. Forza 5 took 1/3 of the content. FH2 currently has taken off 1/10 of the content, and many of their cars are unsuitable for Forza 6 anyway. And they don't have a course maker. Neither does PC. SO BE QUIET!!!

Forza 4 took off 1/3 of the content. Forza 5 took 1/3 of the content. FH2 currently has taken off 1/10 of the content, and many of their cars are unsuitable for Forza 6 anyway. And they don't have a course maker. Neither does PC. SO BE QUIET!!!
wpid-img_20150402_175407_187-640x640.jpg

I don't think those games really are the focus of concern here. I think the focus is how long it is taking them to release it.

I'm sure it'll come soon. In the mean time people should just live their lives and not worry about it. :)

Just live our lives and not worry about it? Sorry I am - I paid $90 for this game, an extra I paid for to have pre-bonus cars etc. Yet it has been over 18months since release and in that time I have not seen the course maker & the extra $$$'s I paid for to receive pre-order only bonuses to the game have been dished out free to the remaining public.

I and others do have a valid reason to worry. It is this very fact that I will not be purchasing another PD development again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back