So, about that course creator.

• Thread starter interpunct
  • 831 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just live our lives and not worry about it? Sorry I am - I paid $90 for this game, an extra I paid for to have pre-bonus cars etc.
Good for you. So did I, and you don't see me complaining.
I and others do have a valid reason to worry. It is this very fact that I will not be purchasing another PD development again!
Again, good for you.

As I said, there are TON of other games out there for you to play. I'm sure you also have a regular life to live as well, so why spend so much time complaining about a feature that we all know they are working on and will release when it's damn good and ready to be released? I for one am fine playing GT6 once a week while running my racing leagues, and then the rest of the time I place other games. The only time I ever think about the coarse maker is when I come on GTP and see this thread. The rest of the time it never even crosses my mind.

Good for you. So did I, and you don't see me complaining.

Again, good for you.

As I said, there are TON of other games out there for you to play. I'm sure you also have a regular life to live as well, so why spend so much time complaining about a feature that we all know they are working on and will release when it's damn good and ready to be released? I for one am fine playing GT6 once a week while running my racing leagues, and then the rest of the time I place other games. The only time I ever think about the coarse maker is when I come on GTP and see this thread. The rest of the time it never even crosses my mind.

Just annoys me. If I behaved in a similar manner in my employment I'd be reaped, yet there seems to be no repercussions against PD for doing this.

I'm the same as you, the only time I think about the course maker is when I see a post on it. Which i regularly visit gtplanet to check for. Plus I know they're are other games to enjoy and is the reason I have not played GT6 in probably 6 or more months! Heck i find looking through these forums more exciting than the actual game.

To sum, I am tired of handing over money (the whole reason most work to enjoy personal freedom) for promised featured games which turn out to be half finished products with the notion of "oh well we will hype it up, make a ton of money and finish it..." 10 years or more ago if a developer did this (before the internet) their game failed miserably and no one would buy from the company after being dishonored.

I don't mind waiting for promised features but after saying it will be completed/added soon 18 months ago has gone beyond my patience. The only positive waiting this long is that it could be brilliantly devised hopefully as it's taking just as long as some whole games to be produced.

Just annoys me. If I behaved in a similar manner in my employment I'd be reaped, yet there seems to be no repercussions against PD for doing this.
You say this like you work for PD and know every little detail about what goes on in their offices. That's the thing, nobody here knows what goes on day to day at PD, so there are way too many assumptions being thrown around.

I'm the same as you, the only time I think about the course maker is when I see a post on it. Which i regularly visit gtplanet to check for. Plus I know they're are other games to enjoy and is the reason I have not played GT6 in probably 6 or more months! Heck i find looking through these forums more exciting than the actual game.
Then why do you care so much?

To sum, I am tired of handing over money (the whole reason most work to enjoy personal freedom) for promised featured games which turn out to be half finished products with the notion of "oh well we will hype it up, make a ton of money and finish it..." 10 years or more ago if a developer did this (before the internet) their game failed miserably and no one would buy from the company after being dishonored.
To be completely honest, welcome to normalcy for games these days. Of course you wouldn't see this 10 years ago, games were easier to develop back then. Now they involve so much detail and are made for such high demanding systems and require some sort of online play, the 1 year development time is harder to achieve, especially for smaller developers like PD.

ea-logo.jpg

Still standing.

ea-logo.jpg

Still standing.
The major difference is that PD has a major management issues. But at least it actually means well (free DLC).

EA is, well, crippling online features, one bullet payments, one day DLC, season pass, etc.

That said, compare to the more idiotic Konami, which cripples Kojima, sell his content as merch, and say that mobile game is the FUTURE.*cough Microtransaction give me your money!*

"If you engage in freemium gaming, you are making a deal with the Canadian Devil." South Park.

Also I am playing an EA game from ten years ago right now (Medal of Honor: European Assault (where one of the stages is in North Africa :lol:) and while its pretty short its not terrible.

You say this like you work for PD and know every little detail about what goes on in their offices. That's the thing, nobody here knows what goes on day to day at PD, so there are way too many assumptions being thrown around.

Then why do you care so much?

To be completely honest, welcome to normalcy for games these days. Of course you wouldn't see this 10 years ago, games were easier to develop back then. Now they involve so much detail and are made for such high demanding systems and require some sort of online play, the 1 year development time is harder to achieve, especially for smaller developers like PD.

It almost seems like you're quite happy to either get fleeced, not get the full deal that you paid for and that is advertised, or receive low quality services.

Some people like to make sure they get their money's worth when they buy a product and/or receive everything that is advertised, which there is nothing wrong with that at all. Shouldn't everybody be doing this? Unless you are so rich you just don't care.

How low do standards have to get before you deem it acceptable to call things an issue? Why are video games any different from any other product or service in the world? We shouldn't let things pass when a company does not provide the service they say they will (plus it's illegal) and there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep high standards, otherwise if we don't voice our concerns and vote with our wallets, we the consumer will get taken advantage of and the quality of products/services will become shoddy.

If poor service wasn't acceptable 10 years ago there's no reason why it should be acceptable now, or ever. If you can't deliver, don't advertise it.

I wouldn't call PD a small developer either, they are Playstation's biggest franchise and have one of the biggest budgets around. If they don't want to hire more than 200 people (which again is not small compared to many other studios), that is their choice to limit themselves but still bite off more than they can chew.

Last edited:
ea-logo.jpg

Still standing.

Lol - problem with EA is that they do make some decent games with well thought out gameplay but just dont develop (code) them well.

On their continud survival they just buy out others who produce a decent franchise to the point of having little competetion.

It almost seems like you're quite happy to either get fleeced, not get the full deal that you paid for and that is advertised, or receive low quality services.

Some people like to make sure they get their money's worth when they buy a product and/or receive everything that is advertised, which there is nothing wrong with that at all. Shouldn't everybody be doing this? Unless you are so rich you just don't care.

How low do standards have to get before you deem it acceptable to call things an issue? Why are video games any different from any other product or service in the world? We shouldn't let things pass when a company does not provide the service they say they will (plus it's illegal) and there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep high standards, otherwise if we don't voice our concerns and vote with our wallets, we the consumer will get taken advantage of and the quality of products/services will become shoddy.

If poor service wasn't acceptable 10 years ago there's no reason why it should be acceptable now, or ever. If you can't deliver, don't advertise it.

I wouldn't call PD a small developer either, they are Playstation's biggest franchise and have one of the biggest budgets around. If they don't want to hire more than 200 people (which again is not small compared to many other studios), that is their choice to limit themselves but still bite off more than they can chew.

Thank you Lewis_Hamilton_ I obviously couldn't have said it any better. You nailed my exact thoughts on the head.

Just live our lives and not worry about it? Sorry I am - I paid $90 for this game, an extra I paid for to have pre-bonus cars etc. Yet it has been over 18months since release and in that time I have not seen the course maker & the extra $$$'s I paid for to receive pre-order only bonuses to the game have been dished out free to the remaining public.

I and others do have a valid reason to worry. It is this very fact that I will not be purchasing another PD development again!
I feel the same exact way. I'll never buy another PD game. I'll never pre-order a game again. Since PD doesn't listen to us I've also blacklisted Sony and they haven't seen a dime from me. I didn't renew my PS+ sub and I also won't be buying a PS4 that I was once considering.

You know what else ticks me off? The game isn't finished yet and when GT7 is released it's probable they will shut down the GT6 servers shortly afterwards. Why is that a big deal? Because the clock is ticking for the online portion of the game and we don't even have a full game yet. Tick tock tick tock...

I feel the same exact way. I'll never buy another PD game. I'll never pre-order a game again. Since PD doesn't listen to us I've also blacklisted Sony and they haven't seen a dime from me. I didn't renew my PS+ sub and I also won't be buying a PS4 that I was once considering.

You know what else ticks me off? The game isn't finished yet and when GT7 is released it's probable they will shut down the GT6 servers shortly afterwards. Why is that a big deal? Because the clock is ticking for the online portion of the game and we don't even have a full game yet. Tick tock tick tock...
Well for that matter, rest assured that GT7 won't come anytime soon this or next year...

No, I'm just not impatient like some people. The official website says "coming in a future update" which really doesn't specify any specific amount of time. So in my honest opinion that I really don't care if anyone disagrees with, they can release it when it's good and ready to be released. And I'll be right here ready to accept it with open arms. I find people like this:

to be quite funny. :lol:

Just to ask: what does Sony have to do with all of this? Gran Turismo isn't the only game on Playstation you know.

No, I'm just not impatient like some people. The official website says "coming in a future update" which really doesn't specify any specific amount of time. So in my honest opinion that I really don't care if anyone disagrees with, they can release it when it's good and ready to be released. And I'll be right here ready to accept it with open arms.

1.5 years isn't what I'd call impatient, look at the uproar on other games - like GTA V got with heists for example, people were furious well before that amount of time.

What do you consider an acceptable amount of time to wait for? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years or more? Many people would have sold their game and console by then, or have too many commitments in life for any worthwhile gaming time.

Before GT7 comes out.

So if GT7 comes out in 2018, making it a 5 year wait when we were told it's "almost finished" and "in beta stage right now", you think that is acceptable? What if GT7 never came out due to unforseen circumstances?

If you had to wait 5 hours for your bill to come at a restaurant, would you say "It'll come when they're well and ready" or would you ask to speak to the manager and make a complaint? I don't know about the US, but here in the UK we have a law about acceptable waiting times for products and services.

May be it's fine to you, but obviously you do not represent everybody and can't except everybody else to have such slack standards in services. It does not make them impatient at all.

May be I should just be glad that I'm not elderly or terminally ill and won't pass away before PD decide to release the rest of their content :sly: *touches wood*

Last edited:
So if GT7 comes out in 2018, making it a 5 year wait when we were told it's "almost finished" and "in beta stage right now", you think that is acceptable? What if GT7 never came out due to unforseen circumstances?
Well then I'd be upset about GT7 getting cancelled.
If you had to wait 5 hours for your bill to come at a restaurant, would you say "It'll come when they're well and ready" or would you ask to speak to the manager and make a complaint? I don't know about the US, but here in the UK we have a law about acceptable waiting times for products and services.
Not the greatest example, but ok. See above post made 2 minutes ago.

Man this thread went into negativity quick.

If the CM gets pushed to GT7 I wouldn't mind honestly, I was just hoping they do for GT6 just because they did promise it.

I don't know about you all but I have enjoyed fully GT6 and honestly unlike other games like Forza this one does feel like a very complete package. And although yes I was pretty exited myself about this I can't really complain because PD overall have been so nice with all the free content and the vision GT cars plus all the little side activities they usually do which are very nice and enjoyable (at least for me.) I get that paying 60$ sucks but I've always felt that the GT games give me my money's worth.

I sometimes feel that people here are too quick to get mad over free stuff. What you bought at release is the final package. Everything else is just extra fluff, even if it was promised.

Just look what Sony did with DriveClub. Canceled the PS+ version even though they promised that everyone with PS+ would get it. Always remember that these companies just want money. PD is always adding more stuff for free and well, I sure as hell don't mind waiting for free things. :lol:

Man this thread went into negativity quick.

If the CM gets pushed to GT7 I wouldn't mind honestly, I was just hoping they do for GT6 just because they did promise it.

I don't know about you all but I have enjoyed fully GT6 and honestly unlike other games like Forza this one does feel like a very complete package. And although yes I was pretty exited myself about this I can't really complain because PD overall have been so nice with all the free content and the vision GT cars plus all the little side activities they usually do which are very nice and enjoyable (at least for me.) I get that paying 60$ sucks but I've always felt that the GT games give me my money's worth.

I sometimes feel that people here are too quick to get mad over free stuff. What you bought at release is the final package. Everything else is just extra fluff, even if it was promised.

Just look what Sony did with DriveClub. Canceled the PS+ version even though they promised that everyone with PS+ would get it. Always remember that these companies just want money. PD is always adding more stuff for free and well, I sure as hell don't mind waiting for free things. :lol:
I would mind if they pushed it too a console I don't own, forcing me too pay at least $510 ($450 for console, $60 for game) to get the feature we were promised to have over a year ago.

I never would have bought it and kept with Gt5 if I knew that GT6 was just a stripped down version of GT5. It felt like paying $60 for a 20 car pack that removed half of the single player experience.

I would mind if they pushed it too a console I don't own, forcing me too pay at least $510 ($450 for console, $60 for game) to get the feature we were promised to have over a year ago.

I never would have bought it and kept with Gt5 if I knew that GT6 was just a stripped down version of GT5. It felt like paying $60 for a 20 car pack that removed half of the single player experience.

You know, I'd hate to play devil's advocate here but in all honesty you make it sound as if GT6 was falsely advertised or built up to be something else. Leading up to the release of GT6 everyone knew that GT6 mostly went through some physics changes and some streamlining. Plus quite a few of new tracks and special events which all add to the SP portion of the game. But everyone knew it was really more GT5 with a improved physics engine. You're acting as if you spent 60$ on totally different game. You knew very well what you were getting into when you bought this game.

And thats besides the fact that GT7 hasn't been announced yet. PD may be slow but I'm sure they'll deliver. Either way, the CM was scheduled for a later date. You got what you paid for. Don't always believe companies.

Last edited:
Has it occurred to any of you that someone expressing being annoyed (or fine with) waiting is not a demand for you to feel the same way?

Nobody is in the wrong for having the audacity to demand a feature that was claimed to be released at/soon after launch, especially after spending $60+ on the game.

Nobody is in the wrong for not caring enough about the game to be upset about it.

Has it occurred to any of you that someone expressing being annoyed (or fine with) waiting is not a demand for you to feel the same way?

Nobody is in the wrong for having the audacity to demand a feature that was claimed to be released at/soon after launch, especially after spending $60+ on the game.

Nobody is in the wrong for not caring enough about the game to be upset about it.
Wait a minute? Are you saying that it's alright if people have different opinions?! On the internet?!?! :rolleyes: :D :lol:

P.S. I agree with you...

No, I'm just not impatient like some people. The official website says "coming in a future update" which really doesn't specify any specific amount of time. So in my honest opinion that I really don't care if anyone disagrees with, they can release it when it's good and ready to be released. And I'll be right here ready to accept it with open arms. I find people like this:
Actually you are impatient like some people. You are impatient that other people are not happy waiting 18 months for the coursemaker and feel the need to express your impatience over their impatience. I don't see much difference.

That's fine. At least I'm just personally putting my 2¢ on the table. I actually agree with all the people that are tired of waiting. But at the same time I'm fine with waiting more time. I can't lose what I didn't have you know?

Anyways we are just discussing a topic that we disagree/agree in. A discussion is a debate or exchange of ideas after all you know. And it's fine for people to disagree or not like something someone else does.

So I think it's pretty safe to say that this is just that. A discussion. Everyone here is free to express what they want. Including feelings of disappointment.

Hmm just realised what may be a big issue when the course maker is finally released.

Remember when the new gt apex was realeased? It was an ios app only, with PD ignoring the fact that many dont have or use Apple products. I hope they implement alternative mobile os apps besides ios for the course maker tracking/plotting app.

Before GT7 comes out.
I cant tell if you are just on the wind up or not. This is a product that people hava bought and many bought it just for the course make. Your definition of "soon" and "impatient" is an absolute joke. Ok you're not bothered. But its messed up that you try to make an arguement for it not being out yet and defining people as impatient because they are happy that 18 months later PD are still taking the mick out of us and showing a complete lack of respect to customers by not telling us what is going on.

Jut because you are happy to bend over and take it in the rear from PD dont assume the rest of us customers hold the same low level standards of a product they paid for. When i buy a product specifically for a certain feature that is the course maker then if its not there on release day it had better be there damn soon after release.

There is seriously something wrong when you're reading someone trying to convince you that 18 months is actually soon. When your mates say they'll be round soon do they come round 5 weeks later?

You got what you paid for. Don't always believe companies.
Strange, I just checked my game and i do not see the course make anywhere. I also stopped playing before the community feature came out, Another thing me and my mates were waiting for. So no i never got what i paid for by any stretch of the imagination.

Lol at your last line too. You suggest we dont always believe companies which in turn would suggest you are clearly aware that we did not get what we paid for.

Last edited:
Strange, I just checked my game and i do not see the course make anywhere. I also stopped playing before the community feature came out, Another thing me and my mates were waiting for. So no i never got what i paid for by any stretch of the imagination.

Lol at your last line too. You suggest we don't always believe companies which in turn would suggest you are clearly aware that we did not get what we paid for.

Nice job at moving the goal post.

When you pay 60$ at whatever place you bought GT6 you are buying the copy of the game as is at release. You aren't paying for the future updates. Everything you payed for is in that little disc. The cold truth is that if PD decided to withheld all future updates and car packs and tracks behind a DLC paywall they can because everything else you get is just extra content. It doesn't make it right if they don't deliver on promises of course, I do agree on that. But that is not what you payed for. PD could have very well decided to stop working on GT6 after the game launched, leave it as it is and you wouldn't be able to say anything because what they sold you is already in your hands and they don't owe you anything. I hate feeling like I'm defending PD but this applies for any game really. The content you bought for 60$ is on the copy of the game you have.

If you were buying all future updates and content as well, all DLC would be free then don't you think?

When you pay 60$ at whatever place you bought GT6 you are buying the copy of the game as is at release. You aren't paying for the future updates. Everything you payed for is in that little disc. The cold truth is that if PD decided to withheld all future updates and car packs and tracks behind a DLC paywall they can because everything else you get is just extra content. It doesn't make it right if they don't deliver on promises of course, I do agree on that. But that is not what you payed for. PD could have very well decided to stop working on GT6 after the game launched, leave it as it is and you wouldn't be able to say anything because what they sold you is already in your hands and they don't owe you anything. I hate feeling like I'm defending PD but this applies for any game really. The content you bought for 60$ is on the copy of the game you have.

If you were buying all future updates and content as well, all DLC would be free then don't you think?
Bollocks. If the developer has a list of features and content that they promise to deliever after the game is released, it becomes part of your buying decision and part of the game. Without that list of additional features, GT6 would have essentially been just GT5.5, it was the new features that made the title exciting and interesting. Without the Course Maker and Community Features, I probably wouldn't have bought the game to begin with and waited until it hit the bargain bin.

I don't think you understand how advertising works. If you say "Buy our product, it has so and so, some of it we will give you later", that is creating a selling point and you must provide what you have advertised. Otherwise, that is misleading advertisement.

Please feel free to link me to some legal explanation that shows if I am wrong on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back