So I'm buying a wheel...

Why do you dislike the T300? I must admit I wasn't keen on the G29 coming from a G25 as it looks like a Tommy Toy. Plus the fact it uses all the old internal parts as I always felt the G25 FFB was so weak. Let alone the lack of buttons on the wheel.
T300 has a good belt FFB...
But the outside is made of cheap plastics, it is sold with a ugly pedals set (that forces you to spend more money on a decent 3 pedals set if you want to use the optional H shifter -and a H shifter is always a thing if you want realism-) and it is not so realiable...
So IMHO neither one is worth the money... G29 is G27 in a new package so it forces you to pay again for the same wheel just to have compatibility with the PS4... T300 is an half product that forces you to spend a ugly amount of money to complete it for a decent driving experience and is less reliable than the G27/29...
And none of the both is comaptibble with both X1-Ps4... this leads you to buy two wheels if you want to play forza and GTS... If i have to spend two times the money for a wheel i will buy a better fanatec one with the wheel rims to make it compatible with both X1 and PS4...
my 2 cents...

T300 has a good belt FFB...
But the outside is made of cheap plastics, it is sold with a ugly pedals set (that forces you to spend more money on a decent 3 pedals set if you want to use the optional H shifter -and a H shifter is always a thing if you want realism-) and it is not so realiable...
So IMHO neither one is worth the money... G29 is G27 in a new package so it forces you to pay again for the same wheel just to have compatibility with the PS4... T300 is an half product that forces you to spend a ugly amount of money to complete it for a decent driving experience and is less reliable than the G27/29...
And none of the both is comaptibble with both X1-Ps4... this leads you to buy two wheels if you want to play forza and GTS... If i have to spend two times the money for a wheel i will buy a better fanatec one with the wheel rims to make it compatible with both X1 and PS4...
my 2 cents...

Ah, I see. I keep forgetting about the basic T300 set as I went for the Alcantara set that came with the T3PA pedals. Personally I never gave it any thought of the external plastic shell as every wheel comes the same except those direct drive wheels which I think are metal. The T300 base blends right in with my playseat since the frame is matte black, T300 is matte black and the seat is a half shine/matte colour. Everything looks complete.

Though I'd love to at some point get a 3rd party seat popped onto the Playseat frame.

Ah, I see. I keep forgetting about the basic T300 set as I went for the Alcantara set that came with the T3PA pedals. Personally I never gave it any thought of the external plastic shell as every wheel comes the same except those direct drive wheels which I think are metal. The T300 base blends right in with my playseat since the frame is matte black, T300 is matte black and the seat is a half shine/matte colour. Everything looks complete.

Though I'd love to at some point get a 3rd party seat popped onto the Playseat frame.

Yeah, the T300 is a solid wheel, not sure what's "cheap" about it. The base is plastic, sure, but it's very solidly built so that shouldn't be an issue. The rim's themselves are fairly quality made, and heavy. I have the T300 rim, T500 rim, and F1 rim, the first two are better build quality than the CSL rim I got with my CSW V2 IMO. Neither are as high quality as my BMW rim, but that thing is an exact replica of the real touring car wheel so it's going to be hard to match that. The F1 rim does feel a bit cheap, I'll admit, but honestly I'd almost prefer it over my Fanatec Formula rim because it's bigger, more comfortable in your hands, and has more buttons. Other than the two Fanatec wheel bases the T300 package you got is probably the next best option. Just my opinion, of course, but I have both the T300 and the CSW and I'd recommend either one of them. Obviously the CSW would be the preferred kit if you can afford it but the T300 measures up very well, especially for half the price. The new CSL gear looks pretty good too but it's still rather expensive.

Do you find the F1 rim really grippy? I find it starts going for my skin on the curve to your thumbs since I'm not wearing gloves. The other thing I do not like about the F1 wheel is how loud the paddle shifters click versus the Alcantara wheel.

I love the Alcantara wheel the most though that and I had forgotten how weird 180 or is it 270 degrees rotation feels.

Do you find the F1 rim really grippy? I find it starts going for my skin on the curve to your thumbs since I'm not wearing gloves. The other thing I do not like about the F1 wheel is how loud the paddle shifters click versus the Alcantara wheel.

I love the Alcantara wheel the most though that and I had forgotten how weird 180 or is it 270 degrees rotation feels.

Do you mean the Thrustmaster F1 rim? It's been about a year since I used it and I usually wear gloves so I don't really recall. I just know I like the way the size and shape of it fit in my hands a little better than how the Fanatec Formula rim does (not that the Fanatec one is bad in anyway). Fanatec paddles are much louder than any Thrustmaster paddles, they sound like one of those dog training clickers on my BMW and Formula rim.

Why would an Alcantara wheel make you have 180 or 270 degrees of rotation? AFAIK none of the Thurstmaster or Fanatec rims automatically change your DOR. Some games (like AC) do based on what the real car has, but I don't think wheel rims do. I'm guessing I misunderstood your comment.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant how weird the F1 wheel feels for 270 versus 900 for the Alcantara since I haven't played any F1 cars in a few years.

Sorry, I meant how weird the F1 wheel feels for 270 versus 900 for the Alcantara since I haven't played any F1 cars in a few years.

That's dependent on the car though, not the rim? I'm not sure what the DOR on the AC F1 cars are but I don't know if any of them go as low as 270. Whatever it is it feels right to me because those cars do have a fairly small DOR. I also use the Formula rim for a lot of the GT3 cars since most of the newer ones have that type of wheel in real life. My only issue with the Fanatec Formula rim is that it's kinda small, about 20-25% smaller than the Thrustmaster F1 rim. I believe it's an exact replica of a certain formula car, so it's technically accurate, but quite a bit smaller than a modern F1 or IndyCar wheel. Not that it's really an issue though, I still love it and it's a very impressive bit of kit.

Not trying to argue with you or anything, just trying to understand the comment. 👍

I had only tested the F1 rim on F1 2014 which felt very short in rotation before it got extremely stiff. Probably the equivalent of doing a full lock on Monaco yet it was on Monza.

I had only tested the F1 rim on F1 2014 which felt very short in rotation before it got extremely stiff. Probably the equivalent of doing a full lock on Monaco yet it was on Monza.

Ah, that does sound strange. I've really only ever used the formula rims on AC and it feels fine on there. The DOR on formula cars is smaller than other cars but not that extreme.

Back