So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 1,142 comments
Agreed, at least for online. In Single Player, you can purchase what you want whenever you like, but you should be a certain level to drive a high performance car online.
Yea I agree with you on that. Online is going to be really bad now with this money buying thing.

Personally, I'll earn most of my money the old fashioned way, and if my money gets low after I've done all of the events I can do, I'll just buy some credits.

Why? Do you have to get an expensive car in order to be a bad driver?
I'm only talking about the people who can't drive very well that are going to buy in game credits to get expensive cars and not the good drivers who earn their money to buy an expensive car :)

I'm only talking about the people who can't drive very well that are going to buy in game credits to get expensive cars and not the good drivers who earn their money to buy an expensive car :)

So what is the problem? Should only good drivers be able to drive the cars they want to?

So what is the problem? Should only good drivers be able to drive the cars they want to?
Ok, you got me on that one :lol: But if the bad drivers learn from their mistakes and get better, then they car get the car that they want. You should have to work for what you get, and not take your moms credit card and get what you want.

Actually you need to be level 70 to purchase a tank in GTA online, and in GT6, there is no "levels" - all cars are available from the dealerships, and are not dependent on anything except having enough credits. So your analogy is inaccurate.
Having never attempted to purchase a tank, I wasn't aware you needed to be level 70. But if you ask me, I still think that's too low of a rank - but that's a different topic.
And not having to be a certain level to buy a car like on GT5 just makes the situation that much worse. Now you need to do practically nothing to get a expensive supercar, and having the money to do things with it willy nilly.

Actually I think it's kinda funny to watch people drive Red bulls, formulas and LM cars and still lose the race!!! It's like watching a level 1 bob in B-spec forgetting there's a brake pedal or afraid to get back on the track after they spin out!!! So in 3 month's time anyone serious about this game will have all the cars they're comfortable with without spending real $$$ and in the meantime Sony and PD will be $$$$$$ richer from all the people who still can't race!!!

TB
That in no way means they actually know how to drive them, though, so you'll still smoke them.

And then get kicked from the lobby for smoking them. :lol:

It's not the end of the world. It's just gaming industry in 2013.

Sony it's a huge company, that owns PD. That's Sony, not PD in this kind of decision.

Anyway...

I can see it already lots of nouveau riche players with chrome Veyrons on day one being kicked on the online lobbies.

ROFLMAO that will be funny.

You rich?

no-soup-for-you.jpg

This makes sense, PD makes more money from those who are willing to pay more, i do not see an issue here.

It's the way it should be, same with DLCs, just like in real life. I'm stuck with a 5 year old mountain bike i got from craigslist for my XC races because it's what i can afford. So Trek makes more money from people willing to pay more for the latest and greatest.

Ok, you got me on that one :lol:

And progress in GT5 wasn't really tied to skill. If you didn't win a race right away you could just tune your car to insanity, toggle some aids on and have an easy win. So the bad drivers aren't necessarily the ones who will benefit from this, but rather those who doesn't have the time or the interest to spend the time required to grind for cash.

And progress in GT5 wasn't really tied to skill. If you didn't win a race right away you could just tune your car to insanity, toggle some aids on and have an easy win. So the bad drivers aren't necessarily the ones who will benefit from this, but rather those who doesn't have the time or the interest to spend the time required to grind for cash.
Yes, and this is where the PP system comes into play...

Well seen as PD=SONY it is not very surprising.
I can understand it, business is all about making money and finding new ways to do so.

Some user might see it as "ruining the game" I can't see how.
You don't have to buy it if you don't want to, you'll just have to spend some more time racing to get the amount of money.
Which if I recall correctly was one of the big gripes a lot of people had with GT5.
PD had to find a way around this and they did, with the bonus of making some extra money on the side.

Good job PD 👍

And for the record, I wont buy it ;)

I don't think there is a reason to panic yet. As I see it the only two reasons why the transactions could be bad are

1) If they increase the need for grinding to make buying Cr more attractive. That would worsen the game experience for "regular" players.
2) They introduce a second premium currency like many F2P games do. This would be a sign that you need to do in-game purchases to afford certain upgrades for instance.

However, we know 2) not to be true and simply don't know about 1). So I'll just relax and see. If 1) does prove to be true I will be the first one to be complaining.

Well if these so called "casuals" prefer 7 mil right from the start and buy every damn supercar, that's on them. I prefer the old-fashioned way IMO, as you actually feel the satisfaction of owning something you really worked hard for while extending the game's longevity as well. BF3 did the same thing with unlocks, yet the players who actually spent time on their guns or jets, who refined their strategies and skills as they progressed, usually won over those who purchased them.

Like many have already mentioned, the true test of this game will be your skill behind the wheel. All the money in the world will not teach you proper technique and car control. Even in real life, a good chunk buy these cars simply as status symbols and end up crashing/spinning out/bursting into flames almost immediately the moment they push them to their limits.

Last edited:
I'm glad about this actually, more money for PD means better games for us, and besides; money can't buy you driving or tuning skill.

(Hopefully people will do this instead of hacking their way to $40 billion.)

Well if these so called "casuals" prefer 7 mil right from the start and buy every damn supercar, that's on them. I prefer the old-fashioned way IMO, as you actually feel the satisfaction of owning something you really worked hard for while extending the game's longevity as well.

The true test of this game will be your skill behind the wheel. All the money in the world will not teach you proper technique and car control. Even in real life, a good chunk buy these cars simply as status symbols and end up crashing/spinning out/bursting into flames almost immediately the moment they push them to their limits.

And those kids that will buy the money packs are really losing THE BEST moment of any GT game.

The beginning. Low funds, a crappy used Nissan or Honda fighting for some bucks here and there. Nothing beats this... that's why I'm sad that seems that the UCD is gone.

I don't even want the 1mil credits from the Anniversary Edition!

I don't really mind it. Sure,it makes me a tad sad that I can't really show off my expensive car as proudly as others could've just bought it with actual money,but I don't plan to not buy GT6 or make a petition or anything because of it.

The only problem I'll have with this is if they do, what a game I've been playing recently on my android phone does, and make it, literally impossible, to "level cap" without paying real dollars for in game currency. That will definitely kill my enthusiasm for GT6 and future iterations of the franchise.

And those kids that will buy the money packs are really losing THE BEST moment of any GT game.

The beginning. Low funds, a crappy used Nissan or Honda fighting for some bucks here and there. Nothing beats this... that's why I'm sad that seems that the UCD is gone.

Precisely. I actually have the Gamestop Anniversary Edition pre-ordered, but will definitely hold off on those 25 bonus cars until I get considerably far in the career mode. Nothing beats buying an old Miata and just winning many early races with it. It's a special feeling only the real GT fans know about.

I thought this was going to happen.

To be honest I'm not surprised, but I like a lot of others will earn my credits by playing the game, not by paying real money for them. Most of the enjoyment is by earning credits to slowly improve your garage, not by having a shortcut.

I'm thinking the 1 mill credits will be a voucher codeso you don't have to redeem them and can at least choose when to cash them in.

Back