Soft or Hard

• Thread starter domino5343
  • 256 comments
Thanks everyone, just trying to prove a point. That's just as close as it gets, I don't even know if its possible without doing a "gutter run" to pull you through. It probably is but I don't feel like testing it anymore.

CH is where its at. I love how CS drifters try to explain how CS tires are harder to learn when in fact that is not the case at all. CH drifters can use any tire because they have to deal with the tires with the least amount of grip. You take a dominant CS drifter and you will always see him complain about the slipperiness of the CH tire. I remember loading up GT5 back in November and learning how to drift with CS. Then when I started going to the Japanese servers and everyone was on CH, I started to question as to why would they use such "crappy" tires. And after watching them drift and then trying out CH tires for myself, I knew right there that CH tires were the ideal choice.

KiLLeR2001
CH is where its at. I love how CS drifters try to explain how CS tires are harder to learn when in fact that is not the case at all. CH drifters can use any tire because they have to deal with the tires with the least amount of grip. You take a dominant CS drifter and you will always see him complain about the slipperiness of the CH tire. I remember loading up GT5 back in November and learning how to drift with CS. Then when I started going to the Japanese servers and everyone was on CH, I started to question as to why would they use such "crappy" tires. And after watching them drift and then trying out CH tires for myself, I knew right there that CH tires were the ideal choice.

Nobody complained that CH was too slippery and i am the best at CS I simply said it was not realistic, And CS is alot harder to do things like manji and reverse entry.

Nobody complained that CH was too slippery and i am the best at CS I simply said it was not realistic, And CS is alot harder to do things like manji and reverse entry.

I've noticed CS tires will correct a lot of the mistakes I make during a drift, whereas CH would result in either an over steer or sliding off the track. The only thing "hard" about CS is dealing with the stupid snap-back situations (but thats more annoying than anything really). You can brake way later with CS tires and can pretty much power through everything without too many repercussions.

You may claim to be the King of CS, but honestly... that just tells me you'd just be an average CH drifter.

KiLLeR2001
I've noticed CS tires will correct a lot of the mistakes I make during a drift, whereas CH would result in either an over steer or sliding off the track. The only thing "hard" about CS is dealing with the stupid snap-back situations (but thats more annoying than anything really). You can brake way later with CS tires and can pretty much power through everything without too many repercussions.

You may claim to be the King of CS, but honestly... that just tells me you'd just be an average CH drifter.

Very well said ahah

Yes but not all people who drift with chs claim yo br the king or whatever with them. I enjoy drifting with them but I haven't given much time into cs tires. I will try tonight.

Also agree with spank which is why i agreed to go to their ballpark and play in their sand before i cast my final decission... honestly

KiLLeR2001

You mean CH covers up your mistakes because you have more time to react. I don't get snap back on CS maybe you need to learn how to tune a car to match the tires. Just like how I can pretty much power through everything on CH. I may be an average CH drifter but the way you talk you must not be able to drift not CS at all. Stick to your noob tires.

You mean CH covers up your mistakes because you have more time to react. I don't get snap back on CS maybe you need to learn how to tune a car to match the tires. Just like how I can pretty much power through everything on CH. I may be an average CH drifter but the way you talk you must not be able to drift not CS at all. Stick to your noob tires.

It's childish to tell someone "stick to your noob tires". Be mature about it for godsake. There's no pro's or best tires. Everyone drifts on what they want and you or anyone else shouldn't judge by calling them a "noob".

Well i take it i'm a "noob" then.

mcgloney
It's childish to tell someone "stick to your noob tires". Be mature about it for godsake. There's no pro's or best tires. Everyone drifts on what they want and you or anyone else shouldn't judge by calling them a "noob".

Well i take it i'm a "noob" then.

Lololol your right there is no best tire but if someone wants to insult my tire il do the same

Lololol your right there is no best tire but if someone wants to insult my tire il do the same

You make it sound like it's apart of your family! ;)

But no seriously, i hardly care about who is drifting on what. But i remember i was in a drift room a few weeks ago drifting on suzaka and pretty much 8 or so was drifting on softs and about 4, me included was on hards. But i kept up with them on the tandems. They might of not been good as most drifters i know. Then again i was only drifting a RX8 at 345bhp.

What do i know ehh? Haahaa

mcgloney
You make it sound like it's apart of your family! ;)

But no seriously, i hardly care about who is drifting on what. But i remember i was in a drift room a few weeks ago drifting on suzaka and pretty much 8 or so was drifting on softs and about 4, me included was on hards. But i kept up with them on the tandems. They might of not been good as most drifters i know. Then again i was only drifting a RX8 at 345bhp.

What do i know ehh? Haahaa

Lolololol

More time to react? Hardly. If you make a mistake on CH, you'll pretty much be paying for it unless its a very small error. There is little to no room for error on CH, on CS I can be a little more careless with my throttle control and line selection and still come out "faster" than a person on CH tires who choses an optimal line and has precision throttle control.

But faster does not equal better technique, which people who drift CS tires can't seem to comprehend.

cs can do everything ch can but faster nor better...idk about you but thats seem to be a better score. In d1 and FD speed does matter in sometimes a unfortunate way thats why ls motors are taking over FD. If speed didnt matter i dont think there would be this problem. And yes ch you can cover up your mistakes but to me thats stupid. With cs you got to be good with your car because. If i compare that to a real car most of the time when you make a mistake in drifting it can be unforgiving. for cs you need more skill to not make mistake and know how to tune up your cars. thats my view i hope you understand :)

After 160 posts, nothing had been completly proved. The CH users still loving the CH and the CS still loving the CS. Ill don´t want to keep this discussion anymore.

Yet CS guys can "emulate" for a while a speed situation for match with a CH drifter, i believe that it wont work all the times, specialy in situations where everyone must keep exactly the same rythm, for exemple a drift train.

I just want to finish my participation here with a question, open for anyone who wants to answer. A double question, exactly:

1. How accurated is the weight reduction in a real Drifting Car compared to what we do (fully upgraded) on GT5?
2. How many Kg (read weight) a CS user must put on a car to feels like a CH?

Q#1 i we aware in a real drift car, they can easily be lighter than what gt5 has to offer. gt5 has most of the reduction from the interior and the rest is hood and windows. Real life you can almost lighten everything you want haha so the real cars are lighter. some are missing lights and has fiber glass or carbon fiber body parts for better power to weight ratio.
Q#2 well i dont need to add weight on my car to tandem with ch or feel like a ch car like i said once or twice before ITS ALL ABOUT SUSPENSION. Im not saying all ch but some ch drifters just slap on ch tires and slam their car...and some dont know how to tune a suspension for drift. As for me i read up settings to help my car perform so i know how to make my car feel like a drift car. My car made a big improvement from its stock suspension, can i make its feel like a ch? yes i can, but i did set it for me and for my feel

Last edited:
Pointless comparing these tyres. It's true comfor hards hide mistakes, they "numb" your manouvers and hide mistakes and generally smooth things out, power overs are easy and responsive but there's a skill to dealing with the reduced traction.

On the other hand grippier tyres show up less experienced drivers by drastically reducing the grip threshold resulting in "snap back" which is basically a drivers lack of control over traction (they allow a violent and quick regain of traction on the rear, and if countersteer is still applied you get spat out in that direction), so it's comparing two different ends of the "drift slide spectrum" - hence pointless.

This thread is pointless, everyone chooses the tyre for there driving style. If someone is more into tandem etc they will use CH because they are more controlable in a tandem. Where as someone who wants more speed without loosing grip will go for the CS and so on and so on... Thats all I got to say

Course the thread is pointless, 168 posts wasted of the fact people either like CH or CS. Forum Mod might as well close this now.

Yea. This thread should be closed because I only got about 7 post out of this who thing that was related to the question I asked.

@ boba...dude just shut up you have no idea what you are talking about really im done with arguing but if you are going to be like that well fine. i proved my point here already and thought ok we got things straight. But you come in insulting cs drifter when you dont know anything of whats going on.

Bobalob
Pointless comparing these tyres. It's true comfor hards hide mistakes, they "numb" your manouvers and hide mistakes and generally smooth things out, power overs are easy and responsive but there's a skill to dealing with the reduced traction.

On the other hand grippier tyres show up less experienced drivers by drastically reducing the grip threshold resulting in "snap back" which is basically a drivers lack of control over traction (they allow a violent and quick regain of traction on the rear, and if countersteer is still applied you get spat out in that direction), so it's comparing two different ends of the "drift slide spectrum" - hence pointless.

Like I said I don't feel snap back with my wheel. Sometimes when im coming out of a corner I have to unwind the wheel a lil fast but that also varies on entry, exit, and just how you tune your car overall. When I drift hards I always unwind the wheel slow like its slow motion and its more easy to make it smooth overall because you just have more time to react.

DogFightKingz
Like I said I don't feel snap back with my wheel. Sometimes when im coming out of a corner I have to unwind the wheel a lil fast but that also varies on entry, exit, and just how you tune your car overall. When I drift hards I always unwind the wheel slow like its slow motion and its more easy to make it smooth overall because you just have more time to react.

That's the attraction to ch though. The entire time it's nice and slow with few surprises that interfere with the drift. It's nice and easy too, when I'm feeling like chilling I just pull out my s13 with ch and slide around. Using cs takes a little more concentration because the tires can regain grip and quickly end the drift if I'm not careful.

That's the attraction to ch though. The entire time it's nice and slow with few surprises that interfere with the drift. It's nice and easy too, when I'm feeling like chilling I just pull out my s13 with ch and slide around. Using cs takes a little more concentration because the tires can regain grip and quickly end the drift if I'm not careful.

thats the fun part... i like a challenge

DogFightKingz
thats the fun part... i like a challenge

Don't get me wrong, I like cs drifting but using ch is more relaxing and is easier to run the outside edge and get cool pictures.

savage388
Don't get me wrong, I like cs drifting but using ch is more relaxing and is easier to run the outside edge and get cool pictures.

Yeah I now what you mean. I guess I have just been running the CS for so long now its the most relaxing and I am even able to ride the outside edge

Its as simple as this. If your going to drift on your own... use whatever comfort tires you feel like. If you plan to tandem, both participants agree on a tire type.

Problem solved.

TrialMountain
so if you're . . .

slow,
lazy,
dexterously impaired,
tired,
high,
or all of the above.

then CH is for YOU
:lol::lol::lol: yup
DogFightKingz
Yeah I now what you mean. I guess I have just been running the CS for so long now its the most relaxing and I am even able to ride the outside edge

yea I don't run cs all that often so it's not quite as relaxing
Btw how's the wheel? Is it dead for good?

savage388
:lol::lol::lol: yup

yea I don't run cs all that often so it's not quite as relaxing
Btw how's the wheel? Is it dead for good?

Lol yeah had the wheel for 3 years and it burned out today. I should be geting another one in the mail soon.

Back