some punk said a R34 would beat the Corvette Z06, HA!

• Thread starter oosacker
  • 227 comments
Ih8Ricers - Sounds Good! (ha ha)

572bhp - Forget fuel bills, what about tyre bills? :eek:

mr_p - Yeah, it won't win any beauty comps but I've always wanted an Integra Type R and when this came out with more power and pace, I couldn't resist! (60 in 6.7 secs, 145 max).

attachment.php

Exactly the same as mine. :D 😈

Sounds good to me IH8Ricers, shame we can't hear it :D
AT , what does the civic drive like? I've read that it has rather artificial steering feel but other than that it's brilliant, whats you opinion, oh, and I trust you have found a carbon fibre/vinyl bonnet for it 😈

Originally posted by axletramp

68 is my real age... ;)

Yep, I'm a badger and my journey to work involves country lanes (to avoid the junked up motorways :( ) where at times the hedgehogs brush the mirrors! I think a dead hedgehog got stuck in my exhaust :P

black(ish), white and stripey is the best solution - and fun! :D

Originally posted by g.money
Originally posted by axletramp

68 is my real age...

Yep, I'm a badger and my journey to work involves country lanes (to avoid the junked up motorways ) where at times the hedgehogs brush the mirrors! I think a dead hedgehog got stuck in my exhaust

black(ish), white and stripey is the best solution - and fun!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't notice any oddness in the steering, it's sharper than my current Golf GTi 1.8T. The grip is immense and it feels like a good old-fashioned GTi - sharp, grippy, confidence enducing and quick! 😈 It's better than the others I tried out: SEAT Leon Cupra (not enough of a leap from the Golf), Toyota Celica VVT-i (good car but overpriced and cramped), Skoda Octavia RS (yes I did, and it was great!), Xsara VTR (made of spit and polystyrene) and Alfa 147 2.0 T.Spark (biggest let-down of the bunch).

I'm considering a white vinyl bonnet for the full 'Badger' look. :D

Originally posted by mr_pushrod
How about a white fur bonnet? That'll really improve the affect. You found out about the quality of Citroen's build then?
Mmm, yeah. Good engine - in danger of leaving the rest of the car at the lights!! ;) :D

One and them same. Trouble is although it was the most powerful GTi in it's day, virtually everyone else has progressed further: Leon Cupra 180bhp, Ibiza Cupra R 180bhp, Clio 172bhp, Celica T Sport 190bhp and top of the hill, Civic Type R 197bhp. :)

They still reckon the 306 is one of the best handling though, much more involving than any of those. But then it is an old design so overall it isn't as good. Plus with the Civic you get a gearstick that comes out of the dash, well worth having! Mine is almost there, it has a handbrake that comes out of the dash :D

Originally posted by huggybear
japanese car manufacturers have a gentlemen's agreement to limit all production cars to 280mph. however i know for a fact that some like the R34 are way faster than that.

i work w/ the lads over at Motorex and have had a chance to check out the skylines that have rolled through there. very nice.

one of the best motoring videos had a battle between a 996 Turbo, 360 Modena, Corvette Z51, Skyline GT-R V spec II, Lancer EVO VII, NSX Type S and the corvette got it's ass kicked. fast but the japanese and euro car best the pants off of the corvette thru the curves.
sounds like a video that i would like to see :)

Originally posted by f1king
I still think the toyota matrix will both beat the Z06 and the skyline, :lol: :lol:
That would be the JATO pack upgradecfrom the options list :D

Maybe it's not a bad idea. Now that the thread's been revived, perhaps a rematch is in order.

I'll drive an R34 this time. I'll probably do just as crappy, too... :D

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
Where have you been hiding?!
I'm not sure... I was in the woods alone, then there was this light in the sky... then... it's not very clear, but... I saw some figures in the trees... a blinding flash, then....
something cold was shoved up my ar$e and then... suddenly... it was four months later!

Weird, eh? :D

well it seems that the people that raced with Skylines were making up excuses why they were not winning... but most people do not see any potential in American cars and I think that is why everyone so easily thanks that European or Japanese cars are the best on the game but I thinks some good Amercan cars were left out because the game was made in Japan.

Back