some punk said a R34 would beat the Corvette Z06, HA!

• Thread starter oosacker
  • 227 comments
Point well made no nos...

I also gotta say that the z06 is more capable than the R34 if you ask me.

I would say the R34 has greater tuning potential because of the bias towards the skyline racecars, but if you took the corvette in stock and the skyline in stock with a racer that was willing to race both equally... the corvette would take the gold.

too bloody right I will! Funny how you were going to have the Allegro for a month and you've now had it over a year. When's the next part of the story coming anyway?

Yeah you're right I should update it, but everytime I go to do it something always gets in the way. :(

Anyway - R34 will beat a Z06 and a badger will always beat a fox!

BTW is it more than a coincidence that when a fox or badger gets hit by a car he's always been shopping for mince?! :odd:

Lol, Africa would easily beat all 4 of those anyway. I find it strange how when they get the mince, they always make sure it has maggots in, very odd.

Originally posted by axletramp
I'm not sure... I was in the woods alone, then there was this light in the sky... then... it's not very clear, but... I saw some figures in the trees... a blinding flash, then....
something cold was shoved up my ar$e and then... suddenly... it was four months later!

Weird, eh? :D

Painful, to say at least!

Originally posted by mr_pushrod
Lol, Africa would easily beat all 4 of those anyway. I find it strange how when they get the mince, they always make sure it has maggots in, very odd.

You can hear the conversation:
"Colin the Fox it's your turn to do the shopping and don't forget the mince."
"Mince?"
"Yes mince."
"All that red meat is bad for you, I think I'll get some green, floppy stuff."
"MINCE!"
"Come on guy's, you know no fox has ever returned from a mince run."
"Then it's about time we had some."
"Bugger."
"It's OK we've got a plan. Put on this crow outfit. Everyone knows that crows can never be hit by cars."
"Brilliant, wish me luck."
/screeeeeeeeeeeeeech/
/BANG!/

It's a sorry tale. :(

sn00pie, it's not so bad now although I do have an implant which allows me to influence people to kill themselves through their monitors!!!!!! :D

...my own, most likely!

Of course with my wonderful lady wife, three bottles of champagne, 1 liter of tequila and a hamster.

NOTE TO SELF: don't think I should have mentioned the rodent.

First blow up dolls and now the admission of some weird Richard Gere aping practice, are you sure you have logged into the right forum?

If it's a short series I'm up for it. The trouble is I have little time and at the moment I'm playing Colin McRae 3 and Half Life (online) with me mate.

OK, OK, I'll check the OLR's. I'm guessing it's there.

Originally posted by risingson77
It's the third time I've said it.... :)
Aaah, shut your face. You're just looking for the attention. You know I'm over there... ;)

Originally posted by oosacker
This can beat both vette and GT-R

What in the hell are you talking about? An RX-7! hahahaha

Anyways,
I cant believe this thread has gone on so long. I know that a Skyline doesnt have a chance against a Z06.

I like the Skylines looks alot more, and I would rather have a Skyline than a Z06, I also like Japanese cars better. And the Skyline is also a technical marvel. But I am sorry, anyone who doesnt realize how potent a Z06 is, has not read a car magazine in the last 2 years. It should not be grouped with other Vettes or American cars, and be collectively compared.

Ok, it weighs just 3,115lbs. It has full titanium exhaust and valvetrain. It has a rear weight bias believe it or not.

Everything it does, it does better than a Skyline R34. 0-60 is WAY faster! The Skyline weighs 3,673lbs. and has way less hp. In stock form, the best 0-60 I've seen for an R34 is around 5.0 seconds. I have seen a 3.9 0-60 for the Z06. FACT

The Z06 also pulls 1.02 G's and the Skyline does something like 0.98G's. FACT

The brakes on the Z06 are also the best on Earth. it stops from 60-0 in 104 ft whereas a Ferrari 360 Modena stops in 110ft. Car and Driver and Road and Track (and I'm sure many other mags) have never tested a production car that stops in less space than a Z06. FACT

Its top speed is also way higher 177mph for the Z06 and the Skyline is limited to 155mph.FACT

If you choose to deny the facts, your only fooling yourself. An R34 couldnt touch a Z06. FACT

Dont waste your time arguing anymore, I am telling you the undeniable truth.

R34 is from what I've heard a lot quicker in the real world. Yes the Z06 may be quick in the hands of a skilled professional but give it to the man in the street and it would just intimidate. Grip is different to handling, and from what I can tell, the Skyline handles better.

The R34 feels a bit "squirrelly" to me. The Vette is more predictable (oversteer ;) ) but the R34 with correct minor goofs. So I prefer the feel of the Vette whilst running more consistently in the R34.

Point-to-point IRL the Skyline will always be able to put all it's power down. If you're talking OLR then, if memory serves me right, the R34 is easily a match for a Z06.

Numbers on paper mean nothing on the road...

Back