some punk said a R34 would beat the Corvette Z06, HA!

• Thread starter oosacker
  • 227 comments
Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001

that's nothing compared to the purple vitz they're gonna produce in 2003
Presumably using the black arts and plenty of cup holders! :D

Sure, make fun of it all you like, you KNOW the purple vitz is gonna kick some a$$ on some of earth's exclusive locations.

Sure, make fun of it all you like, you KNOW the purple vitz is gonna kick some a$$ on some of earth's exclusive locations.

what, like a Vitz storage compound? :P
...or a scrap metal recycling plant?

Hmmm... X

I bet that doesn't weigh much...

HA it still isn't gonna be competition to the C6 Vette w/ the 396 cu in and over 450hp and less than 2900lbs. It is gonna kill it and be a major threat to the Viper.

Okay i have driven a 2001 Z06 and it was nice much nicer than previous corvettes, it seemed to be alot tighter in the corners than C5's and older. I have never driven a GTR but if i did i am sure i wouldn't mind a corvette beating me. Just sitting in that car, which i have done at a car show, Was enough for me. I forget who posted about the the video of all the cars going up against eachother but i want it. That sounds like a great video. I am hoping one day i can watch the 2 go up against each other and hopefully see the GTR win. They are both great great cars with long history. :)

Originally posted by g.money
R35 anyone...?

r35a.jpg

DAMN ITS UGLY!!!!!

That pic has been around for ages, some Japanese magazine created that pic on computer. Much nicer is the Skyline GTR R35 Concept
1.jpg

Originally posted by mr_pushrod
That pic has been around for ages, some Japanese magazine created that pic on computer. Much nicer is the Skyline GTR R35 Concept
Did you really say nicer???? Didn't even need to misquote your :P

Originally posted by mr_pushrod
1.jpg

So it seems Nissan doesn't want to ditch the "Angry brick" styling theme. Perhaps there will be a nice looking Skyline, and a Corvette that doesn't resemble a doorwedge.

However, a 3000lb vette with 385 lb.ft ,385 HP, and 1.0G of grip would annihilate the obese (3400lb) R34 and its undersized six. At least the NSX powerplant doesn't require crutches (turbos) to stay on its feet. Not to mention the Z06 stops from 100km/h in just a hair over 100 feet.

Why not make a competition of NSX vs Viper? Both cars are more indicative of their countries true potential :D

Originally posted by f1king
Nicely put IH8ricers, oh and me too I hate rice rockets too.
What all of them? Take the blinker's off for one second, you might appreciate more cars for what they are. :shakehead I don't particularly like the current crop of Camaro's, they're ineptly designed and cheaply made, but I'd never say I hate all American cars - Corvettes and Vipers are great, genuine sports cars.

Oh, and my final whinge: It's good to see car designers pushing styling forward (sometimes good, sometimes bad) the way that Nissan and others are. The current Corvette, although the prettiest since the 70's, can never be accused of breaking design boundaries. We can't sit still forever... :)

That's it, I'll bugger off now... ;)

I am just randomly posting pictures of fast vehicles I thinnnk this car has a rotary engine I think this car it quite fast I think I should shut up now

I would say 95% of them are to my dislike. I particularly dislike front wheel driven cars, and most turbo - supercharging - nitrous applications. To me, its a sign that the motor needs "assistance"

I mean, a Hennessy Viper Venom 800 has turbos, but you all see the result of the naturally aspirated engine at high tune: to be exact - 3 straight ALMS championships and 24hr. of Le Mans victories.

Nissan has designed a beautiful car, two infact. The R390 and the new Infiniti sedan (with 340hp V8!) are great looking. However, take away the front fascia of a Skyline and youre left with something resembling a wheeled refrigerator.

I also like the little 510's (a good friend of mine restores them). However, by "rice" I mean throwing on aggressive body kits on weak willed 1.6-2 litre cars, 747 stabilizer wings, ash tray exhaust cans, and 20" wheels where 17" would be a good fit. Needless to say, some are tastefully done, but unfortunately, very very few are.

Originally posted by oosacker
I am just randomly posting pictures of fast vehicles I thinnnk this car has a rotary engine I think this car it quite fast I think I should shut up now

And the 4 rotor 787B just happened to win Le Mans in what, 1992? :D

Originally posted by Ih8Ricers
I also like the little 510's (a good friend of mine restores them). However, by "rice" I mean throwing on aggressive body kits on weak willed 1.6-2 litre cars, 747 stabilizer wings, ash tray exhaust cans, and 20" wheels where 17" would be a good fit. Needless to say, some are tastefully done, but unfortunately, very very few are.
:D I agree. Why do these guy's insist on doing that? It completely destroy's a great looking car - still it keeps the flourescent green paint suppliers in business. ;) hehe.

BTW, you're going to hate me. I'm picking up my brand new Civic Type R in about four weeks. Still, 197bhp from a normally aspirated 2.0 litre at almost 9000rpm can't be sniffed at... :D

My guess is that you're from UK or the like, where small roads and expensive petrol is common. A small, agile, and fuel sipping car is probably looked upon as almost a necessity

Mind you a Corvette does 31 mpg on the highway, and my diesel truck does 34 :)

I shouldn't bring up the mileage number of my 68 camaro and its 8100 RPM V8. Lets just say I use enough dead dinosaurs as it is :D

Originally posted by Ih8Ricers
My guess is that you're from UK or the like, where small roads and expensive petrol is common. A small, agile, and fuel sipping car is probably looked upon as almost a necessity

Mind you a Corvette does 31 mpg on the highway, and my diesel truck does 34 :)

I shouldn't bring up the mileage number of my 68 camaro and its 8100 RPM V8. Lets just say I use enough dead dinosaurs as it is :D
68 was a good year... ;)

Yep, I'm in Blighty and my journey to work involves country lanes (to avoid the junked up motorways :( ) where at times the hedges brush the mirrors! I think a dead dinosaur would get stuck. :P

Small(ish), light and revvy is the best solution - and fun! :D

Originally posted by axletramp
Small(ish), light and revvy is the best solution - and fun! :D

Forged Pistons, 684 gram connecting rods, titanium valves and roller-rockers guarantee revhappy fun in my 400cid V-8 (roughly 6.6 litres for you across the pond). Oh, the 572 HP also sends shivers down the spine, not just from accelerative force, but the glorious sound :D

There is something about high RPM isnt there.

Mmm, V8, nice. I think some pictures of your car IH8Ricers may be in order :D So your getting a Civic Type R then AT, not put off by the mini-MPV styling then? ;)

Hmm.

Well if I could procure a digicam and webspace, I'd share in a moment :D

However, I'd like to finish blocksanding the quarterpanel that a cellphone glued SUV pilot attached herself to. Then paint it once more. The bad thing is that the original coat is beginning to show its age, and the quarterpanel would look acres better than the rest of the car.

How bout some shots of the 400 out of its shell :)

Back