Some Seasonals removed! (See OP)

United States
San Francisco,
machate-man
dowby
There have been some seasonals removed. All seasonal events before the current Super GT races have been removed.

Yeah. I for one find this to be very disappointing. The Ferrari F1's go back to their original useless selves (sadly). I lose my Tokyo Bay Compact Car track which I had about 200 races on with 1 car (probably exaggerating but not by much) and gone are those fun events to play around with other cars.

Yikes! :eek:

PD should have told us about this in advance by adding expiration dates to those deleted events, as well as the current ones. As of now, no expiration dates are shown for any of the current race-based seasonal events.

I find this very disappointing as well. I was really loving this update until I discovered this.

One of my biggest complaints about GT5 is that there weren't enough events. Now we have to wait several weeks/months once again in order to have a good variety of races to do. The biggest downside for me though is that they removed the one and only event where the Ferrari F1s can be used. Ridiculous...

Goodbye La Festa Cavallino cash cow :(

You now get various level tickets for completing the remaining Seasonals though, even if you've completed them before. Just go into each Seasonal page (the one showing 5 races) and it will give you the tickets automatically. I have Lv 2,3,18,19,20 from the previous seasonals now.

I think PD will continue to add new Seasonals until we have a ticket for every level?

I'm not overly happy with this as well.
The one bonus is if you go back to the others you have done you will receive various level car tickets for having completed the event. :)

Yikes! :eek:

PD should have told us about this in advance by adding expiration dates to those deleted events, as well as the current ones. As of now, no expiration dates are shown for any of the current race-based seasonal events.

I was under the impression that Seasonal Events had an expiration date and that you could see that date on the event selection screen. I'm not really sure what the problem is, there will be new events cycled in in due course...

{Cy}

No the only seasonals that expired previously were the time and drift trials and specials like the david coulthard challenge.

I hadn't raced the older ones but i certainly would have if they had had an expiration on them. I hope they put them back.

The only offline events that are fun, were the special events, licenses, Expert event.
95% of the time I play TT's or Race Online. So I wont miss these events

another kick in the balls by PD. this game is getting worse and worse now

LoL, I was saying this when there were no Time Trials available,
Makes them seem like these evil guys who's sole purpose is to ruin our lives :lol:

Last edited:
This is hugely disappointing, especially because of the Ferrari F1 event and La Festa Cavallino.
I hope Polyphony reverse their decision because that really sucks.
Maybe we should get a petition together?
Kaz has previously said that he and the team do pay attention to forums so they might pick up on this and decide to reinstate them.
I really don't get the decision behind removing them, if they were taking up too much space stick them in a legacy events folder but don't get rid of them completely!

Well, it was clear that someday they will be gone. Initially they said that the old ones will get removed, so I cannot understand the commotion...Dont get me wrong, I too think its dissapointing, but see the bright side: more time left to go out if youre bored ;-)

Well, it was clear that someday they will be gone. Initially they said that the old ones will get removed, so I cannot understand the commotion...Dont get me wrong, I too think its dissapointing, but see the bright side: more time left to go out if youre bored ;-)

That's fair enough, but I think maybe a little warning or an expiry date like for the Time Trials would have gone down better with players.

damm a little warning would have been the way to go i had 2 left to gold,fgt on the ring and scooby at laguna in expert,i'd just set the cars up and was ready to roll today :ill:

They can track usage in the seasonals. Wonder if that had anything to do with it? Low numbers of people playing the older seasonals?

They can track usage in the seasonals. Wonder if that had anything to do with it? Low numbers of people playing the older seasonals?

Maybe if I were STILL running Tokyo Bay, that usage would be enough to have kept it. Seriously, I must be partially insane. I ran that track more times than I have run any track in GT5 by a long shot and its how I learned how to tune that car (Opera Performance S2000) and to boot it was fun.

I think they are re-structuring races for seasonal events, those removed will come back.

Comparing the A-spec races against seasonal events, there are not much left to create for seasonal events.

I think they are re-structuring races for seasonal events, those removed will come back.

Comparing the A-spec races against seasonal events, there are not much left to create for seasonal events.

Plenty of wiggle room left. They could do a Skyline Challenge, an NSX race, Boxer Spirit, Wagon Challenge, Holden Hotlap, GM vs. Ford vs. Dodge Clash. There are many possibilities left and some of them were done in prior games.

Latest Posts

Back