Some Seasonals removed! (See OP)

I miss the German Touring Car event. Sure, they can add more, but I just don't see what it was hurting by leaving them there. There was quite a selection of events to choose from. Now, not so much.

They're called the seasonal events, not the forever events, so I am more or less fine with this. I wish they would have given some specific warning in the server maintenance upcoming notes.

But I would bet the Ferrari F1's are made useful again before long. I guess the big question is which seasonals do you miss most now?

I liked the Supercar one as there was such a nice variety of cars you could use, and I never finished the Expert Seasonal, and was possibly going to go back and try.

I am going to miss the Historic Supercar events for sure. It was great fun using cars like the Mercedes 300 or the 54' Vette to win the Nurburgring event.

Nice 2.02 update. But now we have so many that is pointless. As you guys know, like the F1 Ferrari. Time to keep this car.

It was probably because if you have all golds you get a reward ticket now. If you golded all those events that were removed, you would probably have lots of tickets.

They probably removed it for that reason alone.

I will certainly miss the variety that the additional races provided.
My favourite was the German Touring Car Championship, particularly the Sarthe and Eifel Circuit races.

Does anyone know if the removed seasonals are pre 2.0 update? I just thought that maybe the older ones can't support ticket prizes.

Still, I will miss Festa Cavalino around La Sarthe, and maybe the British Lightweight @ the 'Ring (I had some good fun at the weekend trying to win that in a Caterham - made it in the end in 8.02)

Agree with most: we all know Seasonals are temporary to some degree but that bulk removal was a bit jarring - some advance notice would have been better. No doubt there will be more Seasonals coming and I hope we see a bit more variety too. Not the number of events and different car types (that's all good) but something a bit different from the 5 single races (x5 laps) per event. How about 10 races per event? 20? A championship series or two? An endurance event? Semi-endurance races (1 or 2 stoppers)? Lots of potential here.

SEASONAL events. /thread.

Furthermore, they are giving us level tickets.

I'm really not a PD fanboy but I hate it when the most meticulous removal of a small items completely negates all the positives in some people's eyes.

Sure I'm bummed that some stuff is gone (even though I never raced a majority of them more than once) but I really like the addition of items that were included in the new update.

I'm pretty sure the Formula GT seasonals are quite recent and have nonetheless been removed. Also the highest paying seasonals. Or did it have an expiration date?

I wasn't happy that these events disappeared. I have been enjoying racing through these events over the past month or so. I log on to continue working my way through the seasonals only to see that most of them are now gone.

I completed A-Spec in the spring and these seasonal events were really extending the game for me. Now there deleted.

And no, just like the current seasonals, the expiry date was listed as "--" which to me means that there was no expiry date.

Plenty of wiggle room left. They could do a Skyline Challenge, an NSX race, Boxer Spirit, Wagon Challenge, Holden Hotlap, GM vs. Ford vs. Dodge Clash. There are many possibilities left and some of them were done in prior games.

It's true that they can create a lot of different kinds of challenges. But considering the sponsorship they obtained from the vendor, I do not think they will make it, they will just stick to those found in A-spec races.

In previous versions, we had Audi TT, New Beetle challenges, rally challenge for Subaru, etc. Now they removed all of them, for what reason? I think it is very obvious.

I miss the German Touring Car event. Sure, they can add more, but I just don't see what it was hurting by leaving them there. There was quite a selection of events to choose from. Now, not so much.

Yes, I like this the most. Because the opponents are of same class, although they are still cruising in the "race"

Luckily, SuperGT and Real Circuit Tours are still there.

I believe the reason why they removed most of them is so that they can award the tickets without going overboard on giving too many.

Hopefully new ones will be added w/ better tracks and AI. What seems odd is they could have posted an expiration date like the TT's.

It's true that they can create a lot of different kinds of challenges. But considering the sponsorship they obtained from the vendor, I do not think they will make it, they will just stick to those found in A-spec races.

In previous versions, we had Audi TT, New Beetle challenges, rally challenge for Subaru, etc. Now they removed all of them, for what reason? I think it is very obvious.

Why is it obvious? What licensing is needed to create an event like Boxer Spirit?

I believe the reason why they removed most of them is so that they can award the tickets without going overboard on giving too many.

I dunno. If your're making code changes to award tickets, specify the ticket level and make sure they only get the ticket once then it's not too hard to add a flag to say whether the event gives a ticket or not. They could have just made the old ones not give out tickets.

I can only guess they are clearing them out to add more in. I just wish they would have told us they were doing this, cause right now it looks like they removed content and added nothing in its place.

I miss the british lightweights at the 'ring, had myself all set up to race and 'poof' seasonals have been nuked. Disappointing decision.

I want the seasonals back...they could of at least removed one, everytime they add one. What's the point leaving 4 aspec races...?

I want the seasonals back...they could of at least removed one, everytime they add one. What's the point leaving 4 aspec races...?

This would have been the perfect solution right here.

Yeah. I for one find this to be very disappointing. The Ferrari F1's go back to their original useless selves (sadly). I lose my Tokyo Bay Compact Car track which I had about 200 races on with 1 car (probably exaggerating but not by much) and gone are those fun events to play around with other cars.

Sucks Ferrari F1's sent back to practice arcade or online only. Could have kept that one.

Stars & Stripes: Cape Ring. 460,000 cr. over 5 laps.
Real Circuit Tours: Nurburgring 24H. 452,000 cr. over 1 lap.

grzajabarkus

This is what should've happened. Instead there were dozens races removed and in their place we got 5 new races.

I've enjoyed the updates, but this was a lousy move by PD.

Bad call by PD right there 👎... now GT5 is a small game again... I hope they revert this... Fingers crossed... :nervous:

Back