Sonic Blue Mica Glitch

United States
Denial
vinylscratchp0n3
I bought an Impreza 22b. As soon as I went to see what it looked like in other colors, I found out it's paint chip (Sonic Blue Mica) doesn't work.

5EDrTXFh.jpg

Note the silver patches around the windows, too.

It's not just the 22b, either:

ZKz2baMh.jpg

I saw the same thing with that color. It happened to every car that I looked at in that paint color. I didn't paint the car though, so not sure if it is just the preview that is messed up or if I painted the car, would it be black like that still? Not sure.

Just typed this into Google, thought I was the only one :P

I wanted to try recreate the P1, so bought the 22b to get the paint then the mk VI coupe to paint it Sonic Mica Blue (though the 22b has a better matching front end) and encountered the exact same problem, it seems to happen with every car i tried.

Has anyone painted it yet to see if it's just the preview? I didn't really want to try it :P

Why would you want a colour from Subaru anyway?

(Though seriously that glitch looks cool)

So no one has painted a car with it? I didn't want it to blow up my game so I didn't paint anything.

BWX
So no one has painted a car with it? I didn't want it to blow up my game so I didn't paint anything.
I have painted about 10cars with it.. It looks better on premium cars in most cases. Some of the standards it makes jaggy line detail .

so it does come out black then once painted?
Yes... Everything comes out like the pictures above. I've painted many different cars with it. The only one I decided against painting it with was the Boss 302.. It made the striping look strange. It looks great on many cars.. As I said before, better on premiums for the most part.

so it does come out black then once painted?
It's blacker then black... Although I do believe I see hints of the blue in it in certain light. It's much darker then matte black and it's even darker then the stealth cars.. Which is what it reminded me of when I 1st saw it.

Alright I am about to go buy this car in this color so I can paint cars "Super Duper OMG Black".

This may sound strange, but I hope it doesn't get fixed.

Well folks!!! Say good bye to the awesome paint glitch! Sonic Blue Mica is now the color it was intended to be... Which saddens me! I thought this looked so very nice as posted in pics above.
Now it's costing me twice as much because I've painted prolly 20 cars like this at this point. Figures... :banghead:

Well folks!!! Say good bye to the awesome paint glitch! Sonic Blue Mica is now the color it was intended to be... Which saddens me! I thought this looked so very nice as posted in pics above.
Now it's costing me twice as much because I've painted prolly 20 cars like this at this point. Figures... :banghead:
At least I have all my photos of the cars I painted looking like this. :mischievous:

One glitch was solved, but another glitch was discovered.
It seems that this happens when you painted S14 Silvia K's Aero '96, but I don't know whether other cars could be like this.
Looks as if GTAuto had used spray cans to paint this car.

Attachments

• 1387541246313.jpg
    1387541246313.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 129
One glitch was solved, but another glitch was discovered.
It seems that this happens when you painted S14 Silvia K's Aero '96, but I don't know whether other cars could be like this.
Looks as if GTAuto had used spray cans to paint this car.
Wish I could say that I like that as much as I did Sonic Blue Mica.

It's because it changes names.

I got Diamond red from the VGT car. And it's listed as Red #749 or something, and it's the blackest of all blacks posted in the beginning of this thread.

The Peugeot Vision GT red turns into the that extreme black color. The blackest of all the blacks in the game but is does not shine or is not reflective. Almost matte like but looks closer to suede. 7/17/2017

Back