Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,032 comments
I don't think that the demo will be 40gb, if it is true please someone shows us the official info about it.

It will be painful if your internet connection speed is low and game server speed even low at that period

vcx
I don't think that the demo will be 40gb, if it is true please someone shows us the official info about it.

It will be painful if your internet connection speed is low and game server speed even low at that period
Download will go live two days before the demo is playable. Putting your PS4 in sleep mode will speed downloads up in my experience. (As long as you've set it to auto download in sleep mode that is)

Bit puzzled by the timing. Wouldn't Friday to Monday have been better? Same number of days but a weekend in it.

I bet this demo will have some hidden surprises, cars we don’t know yet, like in the closed beta, when we first didn’t know that we’d see a Ford Mustang Gr. 4 and a Nissan GT-R Gr. 4 and they were shown off there.

Looks like the demo was going to be released for Asia/Region 3 as well

Gran Turismo Sport Limited Time Demo

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia*1 (SIEJA) is proud to announce we will be running a Limited Time Demo in Asia for the upcoming PlayStation®4 title ‘Gran Turismo Sport’ from October 10th (Tue) to the October 13th (Fri) 2017 ahead of the games October 17th 2017 (Tue) release date.

In the Gran Turismo Sport Limited Time Demo you can get the chance to experience the features from the main game, including the Campaign Mode, Sport Mode, Arcade Mode, Scapes, and the Livery Editor among many others. You will also be able to carry over in-game credits (up to 1 million credits) and cars you earn in the Limited Time Demo into the retail game.

■ Details of Limited Time Demo Entry Period

0400 (+8 GMT) on October 10th 2017 (Tues) to 0000 (+8 GMT) on October 13th 2017 (Fri)

*Game data for the Gran Turismo Sport Limited Time Demo will be available to download from the PlayStation™Store from 00:00 (+8 GMT) on October 10th 2017 (Tue) until 00:00 (+8 GMT) on October 13th 2017 (Fri).

Don’t miss this chance to try out the game in the Limited Time Demo before the official October 17th 2017 release!
https://asia.playstation.com/en-sg/press-releases/2017/1h/20171004-gtsportdemo/

The BETA was about 17 GB wasn't it? I wonder how this demo will work, is it the full game but locked behind a demo-lock or is it a seperate download?

At the start IIRC. It did receive some huge updates. Granted this demo has way fewer tracks.

Download will go live two days before the demo is playable. Putting your PS4 in sleep mode will speed downloads up in my experience. (As long as you've set it to auto download in sleep mode that is)

Bit puzzled by the timing. Wouldn't Friday to Monday have been better? Same number of days but a weekend in it.

I think the reason behind choosing these days early weekday is this is when it releases a week later ( 17th US/18th s EU) and to test the loads on the servers for those days as it is a good test comparison, as if they released at the weekend the chances are it would struggle and this gives them chance to adjust them on the fly.

I'm in luck as I work weekends and have a few days in the week to take off next week :P:tup:

Last edited:
It was about to be bye bye GT Sport until they revealed the livery Editor. That's what sold me on the game along with the online. Pcars2 is obviously the better game. They just gotta release a patch or two to fix some things. Nothing game breaking in the game unlike the first title.

Based on what criteria? GTS hasn't even been released yet. Sure, PC2 will have its differences in breadth, depth, aesthetics etc., but whether those are considered "better" depends on what I want out of a racing game, surely? I bought the original Project Cars and found large chunks of it unplayable with a controller, and way too heavy on the options (not a criticism, it's more of a sim). Now, I can't speak for PC2 as I've never played it for those previous reasons, and I've never played GTS to-date. But, if the pure driving experience in GTS is as solid and pad-friendly as the best the series has had to offer so far, I can say with a degree of certainty where my preference will lie.

Edit: Unfortunately I think that people expecting "ground-breaking" and "track racing" in the same sentence these days are going to be increasingly more disappointed. Graphics can get a bit better, sound a bit better, but the fundamentals are pretty much there, and there to a point where the Nurburgring is the Nurburgring no matter which version you play. Side-by-side will get harder and harder to tell apart if they all aim for realism, and realism is what people want. Even Forza 7 with all of its promise is just more of the same with a lick of paint. Great, but not ground breaking. It's like mobile phones, they all look pretty much the same now except for a few gimmicky software features. I think the more exciting future of racing games is in the open world arena where rules and ideas can be wildly expanded on, and by that token, Forza Horizon 4 might be my cue to get an Xbox One X.

Last edited:
I have been on the fence about picking this up as I'm enjoying PCars 2 and I hardly find enough time for that. I'm really psyched about the demo! Now I get to see if I like it before buying it.

I have been on the fence about picking this up as I'm enjoying PCars 2 and I hardly find enough time for that. I'm really psyched about the demo! Now I get to see if I like it before buying it.
Good for you, and that's exactly what the demo is for (apart from also being a sneaky beta for a first day mega patch!). These games are not going anywhere though, they will be around next month, next year even, ready to play if you want to and have time. I gave up on getting the majority of my games on day one long ago except for just a few core exceptions (this being one of them). Just too many to play and not enough time as you said. Spreading them out means i can also fill in the low points in the year.

Based on what criteria? GTS hasn't even been released yet. Sure, PC2 will have its differences in breadth, depth, aesthetics etc., but whether those are considered "better" depends on what I want out of a racing game, surely? I bought the original Project Cars and found large chunks of it unplayable with a controller, and way too heavy on the options (not a criticism, it's more of a sim). Now, I can't speak for PC2 as I've never played it for those previous reasons, and I've never played GTS to-date. But, if the pure driving experience in GTS is as solid and pad-friendly as the best the series has had to offer so far, I can say with a degree of certainty where my preference will lie.

Edit: Unfortunately I think that people expecting "ground-breaking" and "track racing" in the same sentence these days are going to be increasingly more disappointed. Graphics can get a bit better, sound a bit better, but the fundamentals are pretty much there, and there to a point where the Nurburgring is the Nurburgring no matter which version you play. Side-by-side will get harder and harder to tell apart if they all aim for realism, and realism is what people want. Even Forza 7 with all of its promise is just more of the same with a lick of paint. Great, but not ground breaking. It's like mobile phones, they all look pretty much the same now except for a few gimmicky software features. I think the more exciting future of racing games is in the open world arena where rules and ideas can be wildly expanded on, and by that token, Forza Horizon 4 might be my cue to get an Xbox One X.

I don't even have to play gt Sport sport to know which is better. Just look at the two games. Graphics, online and the livery Editor will be the things that will shine in gt sport (along with a few minor surprises probably). I know that the two games are different but im just looking at it overall. I can't give my thoughts on pcars2 with a controller because I don't use controller. But from what I hear it's much better. Anyway i don't wanna turn this into a verses thread. I look forward to playing the GT Sport demo.

Can somebody figure out if creating an asian account makes it start sooner than european?
From the looks of it the "asian" demo is available to download on the10th of october and playable till friday the 13. Just a day after supposedly the 9th of october demo mentioned.

Blog on the Official Playstation site by Kazunori

Gran Turismo Sport limited-time demo goes live on 9th October
In-game progress will carry over to the full release

By Kazunori Yamauchi

President, Polyphony Digital

Greetings Gran Turismo fans!

Now that we are in the final countdown to the launch of GT Sport, we thought there was no better way to show our appreciation then by giving the PS community a head start on their racing journey. We are excited to announce a GT Sport 4-day demo, via PlayStation Store from 9th October 10am (BST) through 12th October 2pm (BST) with pre-download available from 7th October at 10am (BST).

You won’t want to miss this limited time demo, as your earned in-game credit (up to $1MM) is transferable to the full game when it launches October 18th.

The GT Sport demo will give fans an in-depth look at some of the new features, geared to define the future of motorsports for all levels of drivers, from first timers to 20 year veterans of the franchise. You drive and tune on your own terms, while the new matchmaking system ensures you’re always racing against others of similar abilities.

At the start of the demo, drivers will have the option to experience a taste of Sport, Campaign, or Arcade mode. New features such as the innovative Scapes Photography mode and Custom Livery Editor are also available for the very first time.

In Sport mode, drivers get to prove just how fast they are by putting down their fastest lap time. At the end of each qualifying session, it’s an all-out battle against drivers with similar performance abilities ensuring each race is equal, fair, and highly competitive.

Campaign mode gives players the chance to improve driving skills across numerous challenges, missions, and circuit experience. Each of these modes play a key role in making every driver better prepared for racing online against others. As you complete various trial and Daily Workouts, you will be awarded with numerous vehicle unlocks, in-game currency, and Experience Points, furthering your Driver Profile and personal garage.

For those looking to just jump in and drive, the Arcade mode offers a wide range of vehicle classes on 3 pre-selected circuit configurations with different terrains. Whether you want to go for high-speed oval racing on Northern Isle, hone your technical skills on Dragon Trail, or drift sideways through the corners in rally, race on your own terms as you choose from multiple driving aids including braking and or steering to hone your skills. You can also race against a friend offline in the classic 2-Player Split screen mode.

The True HDR workflow and physics-based rendering tech of Scapes must be experienced firsthand to be truly appreciated. This is not your traditional photo mode as each photo location contains all the light energy information of that scene, enabling you to place your personalized car in hundreds of real world locations.

To round out the demo experience, the Livery Editor allows you to add your own personal touch of customization through numerous logo designs. You can also change the color of the car, wheels, mirrors, hood, spoiler, and much more.

That’s all for now, but not everything GT Sport has to offer. Be on the lookout for more insider information and videos from Kazunori Yamauchi through our GT Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.

Edit: Maybe once downloaded we will be able to keep Scapes and Arcade mode offline on the PS4 until the full release...( that would be cool) :cool:

I think the fact GT Sport can be played without PS Plus will be a greater boost in sales than normal. Not everyone uses PS Plus for gaming so this should be a welcome pickup (assuming they stay the same way on release).

Also just a friendly reminder, the original beta only had 1 track for Arcade Mode (Brands Hatch). This demo has 3. We could probably still see the same tracks from Sport mode.

Last edited:
Back