Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

They're holding a conference at Gamescom before everything else. It's going to be held to release more information and it'll be about the PS4. Either new Vita games will be announced then or that'll be for the rest of the week, just like everything/anything else.

So I'm just supposed to take your word for it?

And which of those many links provided states directly from Sony that they will only discuss PS4 and no other systems at the GamesCom event?

And I'm not an idiot, so don't act like I am. Googling 'PS4 Gamescom 2013' isn't proof or difficult.

Edit: look what I found. Fifth link from what you provided disproving what you said.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-will-discuss-ps4-release-plans-at-gamescom-6413114

That certainly was easy wasn't it.
Ok. Can't believe you took offence to the Geico quote ripoff.

I'm pretty sure they said the PS3 and Vita will not be left out. Not 100% positive
You're more right than I am. I thought the conference was only going to be for the PS4 which was what I read in the past week, but up until a couple of days ago, Sony clarified more about it. I was careless to not read the articles.

mcfizzle, moral of the story: Cool your jets, Starsky.

So I'm just supposed to take your word for it?
I posted a link to Google with the KEY WORDS typed in for you. Take a page out of sems4arsenal's playbook and don't be snarky about it. Tell (show) me that I'm wrong instead of trying to tear me a new one.

Ok. Can't believe you took offence to the Geico quote ripoff.

You're more right than I am. I thought the conference was only going to be for the PS4 which was what I read in the past week, but up until a couple of days ago, Sony clarified more about it. I was careless to not read the articles.

mcfizzle, moral of the story: Cool your jets, Starsky.

I posted a link to Google with the KEY WORDS typed in for you.
Moral of the story was you were wrong and tried to use a general google search as proof, were proved wrong by an actual source I provided and still tried to stand your ground. Geico ripoff or not the whole point of the commercial was so easy an idiot can do it. I can google search. And I know how to use it to find actual proof. Try it next time rather than making your points as fact.

Last edited:
I told sems4arsenal that I was being careless and I didn't read the articles (from the google link with the KEY WORDS) and that I really only had the information that was known before Sony mentioned that they'd also be covering other subjects that aren't PS4-related. So again, what you know about green eggs and ham!?!

I'm not sure anyone will get the reference to that last sentence I made.

Edit -
http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/29/sony-gamescom-2013-conference-confirmed-times-inside/

The information from that article, which was disseminated a couple of weeks ago, was what I was basing my "knowledge" on. So I wasn't wrong and I'm not misleading anyone nor was it intended to do so. If I said, "Porsche will be coming to GT6," or some kind of crap like that, then I could understand your overreaction. It's whatever. I know we don't meet eye-to-eye on everything/anything at all. Except, I like cheese...you know, because you're from Wisconsin........

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item637976/Join-us-at-gamescom-2013/
Apparently, Sony first announced that they'll cover PS3 and other stuff only four days ago. Damn, I'm such an evil prick. How did I not know that!? I've got two strikes this year already. One more and I chop my tongue off for preaching fallacies.

Last edited:
I know we don't meet eye-to-eye on everything/anything at all. Except, I like cheese...you know, because you're from Wisconsin........
I'm live in Wisconsin, but from Joliet just so you know, 45 minutes southwest of the Windiest City. Fun fact for you, Windy City has nothing to do with wind but everything to do with politics.

Last edited:
Wait,why?

When you look at the way Sony is going about, PS4 related stuff is the highest priority right now. Anything regarding GT6 will either be on the floor later in the week or on the site. Just looks to me like anything PS3 related won't be getting as much attention.

When you look at the way Sony is going about, PS4 related stuff is the highest priority right now. Anything regarding GT6 will either be on the floor later in the week or on the site. Just looks to me like anything PS3 related won't be getting as much attention.

I'd reckon we'd see something similliar to E3 ,so a Trailer and a demo but this time we will get to hear about the New Features,I'm really hoping for a Livery editor announcement.

http://www.destructoid.com/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-and-beyond-256119.phtml

But what beyond that? I told him that it seems like they have something bigger up their sleeves. He laughed and nodded.

"Yes, we have things in the works." [laughs] "I think we might be ready to announce more things at gamescom."

"We mentioned it a little bit at the Silverstone announcement a few weeks ago but we want to affect more industries outside of just the game world, and we're setting up a lot of collaborations with a lot of different game companies right now, as we speak," Yamauchi reminded. "I think those are some of the most interesting things coming up for GT6."

He tells us that this year's gamescom will bring us more information on these and other details, including multiplayer additions to GT6.

... and we're setting up a lot of collaborations with a lot of other game companies...

I hate saying this but could this, assuming it wasn't a slip of the tongue by Kaz, be Porsche inclusion through EA?

Collaborations with other game companies cannot mean much more than perhaps liveries for games.
Forgive me if this starts the usual arguments about Porsche.

If it happens to mean this then I take full credit but will deny any involvement if it does not!
;-)

Pretty sure it was an error/mistranslation. In the context of the full sentence 'game' there makes no sense. I believe he meant non-gaming companies.

I expect nothing and the "wait for TGS" crowd to show up. Lol.

If I'm wrong then it's a pleasant surprise.

I hate saying this but could this, assuming it wasn't a slip of the tongue by Kaz, be Porsche inclusion through EA?

Collaborations with other game companies cannot mean much more than perhaps liveries for games. Forgive me if this starts the usual arguments about Porsche.

If it happens to mean this then I take full credit but will deny any involvement if it does not!
;-)

Do not get your hopes up too much, despite there is a strong possibility anchored in various recent announcements and developments.

One more day.

Oh amar, you dreadful tease. :lol:

However, I did a very bold prediction for E3:

My Out On A Limb predictions
  • 1100 cars, as legacy cars are brought to near Premium level (1200 confirmed, many Standards upgraded confirmed)
  • 110 tracks, again with legacy locations brought to near Premium level (*bzzt* just 70 some odd at launch, but DLC will add to that)
  • New car makes will include Porsche (I did say "out on a limb"...)
  • GT7 Prologue for PS4 and Vita within a year, with many features from the full game (hey, it could happen)

Tenacious D
[*]GT7 Prologue for PS4 and Vita within a year, with many features from the full game (hey, it could happen)

Definitely not gonna happen. Gran turismo 5 prologue was announced at E3 2007, the year when it was released in Japan and few months after in NA and Europe.

Personally I think GT7 prologue will release in December 2014 so it should be announced at E3 2014.

Why the hell would anyone even think of or want another prologue?

Do not get your hopes up too much, despite there is a strong possibility anchored in various recent announcements and developments.

Indeed. Going into this week with cautious optimism would be well suited for everyone. With that said, I have a feeling you might know a thing or two or three.

[*]New car makes will include Porsche (I did say "out on a limb"...)

Well TD, I have been leaning towards that conclusion for quite some time, and after reading this...

HURLEY HAYWOOD - Vice President of Brumos Porsche
MICHAEL MAUER - head of Porsche Design Department

I say why not?:)

Are you also predicting world peace sometime soon?

I am sure he could if you would like him to (in all seriousness).

Last edited:
You do know of that wall between PD and Porsche called EA, right? Just putting that out there.

You do know of that wall between PD and Porsche called EA, right? Just putting that out there.

Yes. But correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a Porsche in the PS4's Driveclub?

If so, this fact tells me that the wall you speak of isn't the Great Wall of China and nothing but a pony wall.:)

If so, this fact tells me that the wall you speak of isn't the Great Wall of China and nothing but a pony wall.:)

Actually, that was a Ruf.

I'm boldly going to say we'll get a release date at GamesCom which will be November 26th, 2013.

Two days off GT5's NA/EU release date, although I'm not sure why GT5 was released on a Wednesday instead of the usual Tuesday. Prologue and GT4 were released on Tuesdays (at least in NA) so I expect GT6 to return to that, and a late November release falls nicely in place with "Holiday 2013" while maximizing the development time. Anything in December is too late imo.

As already noted you are mistaken. The great wall of EA is still there and probably will be for many more years.

Why the hell would anyone even think of or want another prologue?

It kinda broke the wait up nicely for GT5. Granted, I'd rather not have waited at all, but...
I didn't mind GT4 Prologue, either. Both games got old quicker than the "full" games, but the online in GT5:P was pretty novel. Besides, they were both better than the Concepts! I "completed" the Geneva one in a day, I think (it's a shame the prettified Midfield didn't make it into GT4, though).

Will GT7 need a Prologue? Not nearly as much - half the content's already made now, and more will come in DLC ("probably"). Besides, I expect there might still be chance of GT6 on PS4, so PD can show what they've spent all that time working on (assuming these "breakthroughs" don't happen.) This is also likely the perfect opportunity to "incentivise" through some kind of upgrade deal for owners of GT6 PS3...
As already noted you are mistaken. The great wall of EA is still there and probably will be for many more years.

The turds...
(:dopey:)

Latest Posts

Back