Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

Not something I would encourage as I've never liked the idea (even though some people do obviously). Point being though is if that's the only game you're interested in (like it is with me) and its for the system you already have, all I'm spending is say, $59.99. If it was only for PS4, I would have to spend $399 for the system AND an additional amount for said game (which the price for I still am unaware of).

As it is right now, I know the price of the game and that its going to be on something I already have setup.

Well, I believe Sony confirmed that all PS4 games will stay at a price of $60 for the base game+whatever the developers give you.

But, that's $460+ tax... which in the U.S. would be $38 additional.

How come the iRacing crew can update their sim and PD can not?
Just to make this absolutely clear, net-connected game companies update their games as needed. Now mark this: they still come up with new games. These games come out on disc, usually, because of their considerable size, and the size difference between previous game and new game is usually very great. Some of this is because of game assets, such as cars and tracks in racers. But much of it is because the game engine is more advanced, uses newer graphics code, newer and more comprehensive physics code, new A.I. code, etc. With VERY few exceptions, no software company releases a new version of their software as a patch for the old. You couldn't make rFactor 2 a patch for rFactor 1, it wouldn't work.

It's not because game developers are greedy meanies, it's just because patching games is always a bad idea versus doing it right to start with. And they do patches because the hardware is so complex, they can't make a perfect game, but the patch is almost always less stable and bug free than clean code. And a whole new game as a patch? Would most likely die.

Hope this is clear enough.

Not something I would encourage as I've never liked the idea (even though some people do obviously). Point being though is if that's the only game you're interested in (like it is with me) and its for the system you already have, all I'm spending is say, $59.99. If it was only for PS4, I would have to spend $399 for the system AND an additional amount for said game (which the price for I still am unaware of).

As it is right now, I know the price of the game and that its going to be on something I already have setup.

Meh, I bought a PS3 for GT5:P. Then I found other games that kept me busy anyways. MAG being one of those, thousand + hours on that game.

Plus the amount I've put on GT5. So far, I have no interest in PS4 until a future gen of Gran Turismo is mentioned.

In fact, a little bit further: would be a very bitter disappoitment.

But, you know, some times you get that impressiont that Kaz's is stuck on 1998... so, brace yourselves.

Exactly, though I don't think they'll have them at the rate they are converting I wouldn't be surprised to see a few. More so I wouldn't be surprised to see them first bring in new cars as a standard and then convert them later on as DLC to buy, just as a cop out to fill a quota or an excuse to say "well we plan to do it..."

So far I'm somewhat happy with what I've seen today regarding GT6

A_Higher_Place
Meh, I bought a PS3 for GT5:P. Then I found other games that kept me busy anyways. MAG being one of those, thousand + hours on that game.

Plus the amount I've put on GT5. So far, I have no interest in PS4 until a future gen of Gran Turismo is mentioned.

Same here... Bought gt5 P, and GRID with a PS3, then got hooked on MAG. Still play MAG to this day. Too bad its getting shut down next year, one of the best shooters on PS3.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! :P

You know you'll play them too. Well GTA5 I already know you are looking forward too. I think I'm one of the rare few looking forward to next batman. Too bad yet again I will have to wait to buy a new MGS title due to it being a Sony debut game for an expensive next gen console...

PS3 version just wont do ya know.

Information overload! But I need more! MORE!! Exclamation point! CAPS!!
You're far from alone on that. Just imagine as the interviews begin tomorrow and through the week with Kaz, and we parse every word the way Bible scholars do ancient scraps of text. And then argue over the true meaning. It's going to be a blast! :lol:

Any news on that GPS feature? Got me thinking if one can make a track based on a local track a user visits. Or is that GPS feature specific to particular circuits in GT?

A Spec 3.0 update for GT5 could've been an option. Just saying.

A spec 3.0 update that erases the old game and installs a brand new one? And would you expect all of that as a free update or would you be willing to pay $60 for it?

wAVEBua.jpg

Any ideas?

I'd be fine if I'd seen some major improvements and new features, but so far I haven't, so I guess I'll miss out on this one.

Your not missing out on much. Its GT 5.5. More cars, tracks, a few new online options, and off you go.

The real 'quantum leap' will be on PS4. In terms of content increase, this isnt a 'quantum leap' like what you saw from GT1 to GT2 or GT3 to GT4

Your not missing out on much. Its GT 5.5. More cars, tracks, a few new online options, and off you go.

The real 'quantum leap' will be on PS4. In terms of content increase, this isnt a 'quantum leap' like what you saw from GT1 to GT2 or GT3 to GT4

Exactly. GT2 was a polished version of GT1. GT4 was a polished version of GT3. GT6 will be a polished GT5. GT7 will be amazing compared to GT6.

You're far from alone on that. Just imagine as the interviews begin tomorrow and through the week with Kaz, and we parse every word the way Bible scholars do ancient scraps of text. And then argue over the true meaning. It's going to be a blast! :lol:

Yeppers. That's why I love over-using this emote ":gtpflag:" in the days of Gamescom, TGS, E3, and whatnot.

Nice to see the return of Apricot Hill, and also nice to see some great cars added. Unfortunately time was wasted on the Nike concept.

It would be nice if they showed a grid full of the same class of cars though, it would allay the concerns some have that the racing categories will lack depth, as they have done previously.

It also unfortunately looks like there is no livery editor, just paint chips for that metallic blue livery with the squiggles. .

Its GT6. Not GT5.5, that is it's official title. No one has the game yet, so the judgements on it's contents are a little premature. There seems to be a lot left to be revealed, so I know I'm looking forward to the developments.

Its GT6. Not GT5.5, that is it's official title. No one has the game yet, so the judgements on it's contents are a little premature. There seems to be a lot left to be revealed, so I know I'm looking forward to the developments.

How so? We've had a demo, GTA, E3, Gamescom, Goodwood and interviews with limited info or reading between lines. So if anyone is at fault in why it's called 5.5 it's PD. Also many people consider the second game of a main GT game a .5 version.

GT = GT 1.5 (GT2)
GT3=GT 3.5 (GT4)
and now
GT5 = GT 5.5 (GT6)

I don't agree with it but some do, I would say that this time around I think it is a 5.5 because this is supposedly the vision that GT5 was meant for.

I would say that this time around I think it is a 5.5 because this is supposedly the vision that GT5 was meant for.

Then it should be GT5 and not GT5.5. With your reasoning, GT5 was actually GT5-.5 and this game will be GT5.

It doesn't make sense to let the half finished game have a full number, and the completed game have a decimal.

Or, you could accept the fact that PD works with integers, and that the last game was GT5, and that this game is GT6.

After all and despite of poor director of Sony`s presentation (that man really really did a bad job) I was like:

502.gif

Edit: The cover says GT6, so it is GT6. Nobody is forced to buy it.

Last edited:
Then it should be GT5 and not GT5.5. With your reasoning, GT5 was actually GT5-.5 and this game will be GT5.

It doesn't make sense to let the half finished game have a full number, and the completed game have a decimal.

Or, you could accept the fact that PD works with integers, and that the last game was GT5, and that this game is GT6.

It isn't my reasoning at all, I'm just explaining to the user where other people are coming from and what has been said by Kaz. I feel it isn't 5 due to the fact that some of what has been implemented is community driven I'd say and isn't the full vision of Kaz even though he'll say so.

Not sure why you think that is was my idea I was merely explaining. I realize there are differences between the main game and it's counterpart, but this time around it's easy to say .5 instead of giving the full integer privileged you may think it deserves.

Hey, doesn' the cover of GT6 looks like the cover of GT3 but this time with the opposite colour? Knowing how much GT3 sold... After all the complaints I'm looking here in GTPlanet, it looks like I am the only one really excited like a 8 years old child for GT6! I can't wait for it guys... The trailer has so amazed me!

I know something, the design meeting for GT6 graphic direction must have been very quick.

"So, we were thinking of going for blue and....."

"Blue! That's it! Stop right there!"

Back