Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

Box art is terrible!

So boring, does that make you want to play it or give the impression of excitement inside?

The Anniversary edition is slightly better but still boring!

Box art is terrible!

So boring, does that make you want to play it or give the impression of excitement inside?

It does... At least for me! Lol

Box art is terrible!

I agree. The Anniversary box is OK, but the normal box isn't going to stand out in any way sitting on a shelf.

another_jakhole
Hey, Philly boy, I think it's something that can go up in an art museum. Don't you agree?

It looks soothing. Oh, the color that is BLUE.

Yes, it belongs with the dinosaurs.
It gives the impression of the speed & atmosphere of a museum too.

Last edited:
wAVEBua.jpg

Any ideas?

I think it's the Nissan 370Z GT4(?) from the GTAcademy
Nissan_gt6_academy.jpg

Are we really down to complaining about the box art? Back in the days before iTunes and MP3s, albums and CDs came with artistic covers. I don't ever remember enjoying a CD less because the cover art was monotone.

Are we really down to complaining about the box art? Back in the days before iTunes and MP3s, albums and CDs came with artistic covers. I don't ever remember enjoying a CD less because the cover art was monotone.

Critiquing, not complaining. There is a difference. The cover could have a dog turd on it and It wouldn't affect the game, we can still talk about it though.

You don't enjoy CDs more or less based on the artwork but there is a reason such a thing exists as 'classic album covers'.

Motor City Hami

GTPlanet these days... :(

Seeing as there isn't that much new info flowing around, what's wrong with discussing the few things we actually do know instead of the endless wishlists, hopes and dreams?

Yes, god forbid there be a negative opinion of......anything.
Don't you mean "everything"? ;)

Anyhow, I like both covers. Saved the images. Of course, I'm only an artist, what do I know...

I'm going to say I like the GT6 box art. It gives off a very relaxing vibe and reminds me of the logo for GT Concept:

gran-turismo-concept-2002-tokyo-geneva.jpg

I'm getting the 15th Annoverssary Edition, but I personally prefer the box art for the regular version of the game. I guess I'm in the minority on the regard. But let's not kill each other for having differing view of the boxart. :lol:

I like the vibe it gives off, but I think I would of preferred it if it was a side shot of the whole car. It looks a bit odd to me. :indiff:

I will get the anniversary edition.

Last edited:
Box art is terrible!

Wait, do you want a more arcade cover? :lol:

Oh GTP...

I like the cover art. It's mature, minimalistic, instantly recognizable on the shelves and it shows class and confidence.

I'm going to say I like the GT6 box art. It gives off a very relaxing vibe and reminds me of the logo for GT Concept:

I'm getting the 15th Annoverssary Edition, but I personally prefer the box art for the regular version of the game. I guess I'm in the minority on the regard. But let's not kill each other for having differing view of the boxart. :lol:

Exactly like me! lol

I really like the regular minimalistic box art. Not very fond of the 15th Anniversary cover art though.

Of course, I'm only an artist, what do I know...
You somehow always manage to crack me up, T.D.

There are very, very few people here that have a negative opinion of everything. I certainly don't but it seems that whenever anyone has something negative to say they get critisied for it. Like yesterday I said I wasn't keen on the concept cars but everything else looked great. What do you know, I get picked up on it and people tell me I'm always complaining.

I'm not a robot, if I like something I'll say I like it, if I don't I will also voice my thoughts.

So let me ask again, what is wrong with critiquing the box art? Nobody said it affected the game, we just gave our opinion on it. Some people said they liked it, that was fine, people say they don't like it and it's "OMG Stop complaining".

There are very, very few people here that have a negative opinion of everything. I certainly don't but it seems that whenever anyone has something negative to say they get critisied for it. Like yesterday I said I wasn't keen on the concept cars but everything else looked great. What do you know, I get picked up on it and people tell me I'm always complaining.

I'm not a robot, if I like something I'll say I like it, if I don't I will also voice my thoughts.

So let me ask again, what is wrong with critiquing the box art? Nobody said it affected the game, we just gave our opinion on it. Some people said they liked it, that was fine, people say they don't like it and it's "OMG Stop complaining".

You don't have to feel the need to defend yourself anyways. Just roll your eyes, or fingers, and keep doing that forum thing you do.

Back