Yep. Those emulators are not going into PS5. They're cloud based ones (as it says in the title).Let me guess, we won't be able to put our ps1/2/3 discs into the ps5 (non digital) and play those games.
We'll have to buy again digitally or pay a monthly fee for retro gaming via the cloud.
I like old games occasionally but if this is the case I'll have no problem skipping this option.
Any latest price rumours for the all singing, all dancing ps5?
And more importantly: Micromachines, Track and field. Point blank. Die hard. Ooh so many classics.Imagine been able to play any of the following on the PS5...
This may seem like a big list of random games to some people, but these are all games I enjoyed from previous PS consoles or that I loved to play as a young child. Would be amazing to play some of these titles once again since I no longer own a PS2 because my last one broke, and my 60GB backwards compatibility console is on its way out. So it would be nice to play these gems again one day.
- Gran Turismo 1 - 6, 2002 Concept
- Driver 1 - 3, Parallel Lines & SF
- Burnout 3: Takedown, Dominator, Revenge
- The Simpsons Hit & Run, Road Rage
- Star Wars Battlefront (2004) & Battlefront 2 (2005), Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- (Road & Track presents) The NFS - NFS II all the way up to Pro Street
- LEGO Star Wars TCS
- Toca Touring Car Chanpionship 1 - 2, Toca World Touring Cars, Toca Race driver 1 - 3, Grid (2007), Grid Autosport
- GTA III - IV, VC, VC Stories, Liberty City Stories, SA
- The Getaway & Getaway Black Monday
- Saints Row 2
- DiRT 1 - 3, Showdown
- Battlefield Bad Company 1 - 2, Battlefield 3
- The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
- Destruction Derby Raw
- Colin McRae Rally, & Rally 2.0.
- Skate 1 - 3
- Doom 1 - 3, & Doom 64 (PS4 sport)
- *WRC, II: Extreme, 3 - Evolved
Please Sony make it happen.
True backwards compatibility (I'm not holding my breath) would be a worthy selling point of the disc-drive PS5 over the digital PS5, including for some people who are otherwise all-digital consumers.If you cannot utilize titles you already owned, how is this functionally any different from Playstation Now that Sony already tries to pretend counts as backwards compatibility besides seemingly also having PSX games (which themselves were so easy to emulate that even the PS2 did it in software by the time the PS3 came out)?
Probably be some trash purchase only Emulation for games I don't care about. Like £15 each on PS Store, no disc inserting.
No GT games because licensing.
It doesn't hint anything. It's PS Now concept. On this drawing you can clearly see that PS4 form factor wasn't even revealed yet. So it's very old one.
That's due to the licensing of cars.If it’s anything like Xbox's, I probably wouldn't want it, so many title's missing on the Xbox, conspicuously absent Forza 1-4, title’s such as Project Gothic Racing absent because the studio folded, could image such things happening with the PS5, would prefer a disc base system in addition to the store to access previous titles.