Soo, the real question, SF19 Honda or Toyota?

• Thread starter Kawafoofs
  • 92 comments
I just bought both as I wanted them to bump me over the $50 mil. credit mark.

Be aware you can only lower power and raise weight so dont bother upgrading.

Also this needs TCS1 to drive at this stage.... might get to TCS0 with more wheel time.

One problem I see (or dont see) is that the central halo bar blocks vision to some degree where opponent cars disappear when dead centre.

I chose Honda.

Im not sure as of yet but suspect an ever so slight difference in power delivery, probably a few rpm on peak tq or something but ever so slight if at all.

Im on DS4 all factory running my first SF19 race only ABS default and cones

Beat me to it! Was just about to post this! :lol: You should include a poll?

Anyway. I’m at work so haven’t had the pleasure of the update yet, but I’ll probably buy the Toyota SF19!

One problem I see (or dont see) is that the central halo bar blocks vision to some degree where opponent cars disappear when dead centre.
Yeah. I don't know why no racing game simply ghosts the halo. That would render it the way you (don't) see it in the real world.

For those who don't know what I mean: put a finger in front of your eyes. If you focus on the finger, you see the halo fully visible the way GTS and all other racing games present them. Now focus on what's behind and your finger is "ghosted." Your eyes can look through it (unless you only have one working eye), just like drivers can in the real world.

Which one sounds better?

Well, that will largely on you to be honest and what you might prefer. Having just driven both, my brief thoughts:

- If you loved the sound of the old ARX-01s from ALMS, you'll really enjoy the Honda.

- If you dig the current Poppy and aggressive noises of the Current Super GT engines, you'll enjoy the Toyota.

I got both and i've got surprised to see that both handling and sound is so different! I can go alot faster with the Honda, Toyota understeers alot! The sounds both are nice but way different, i like both!

Interesting fact: doing a search in the livery section of the in-game Discover menu yields the following:

In the search period 27/3/2019 15:53 to 28/3/2019 21:23, 1364 liveries have been uploaded for the Honda version of the SF19.

Over the same period, only 891 have been made for the Toyota version.

Since you can't cross-use the liveries, fans of custom designs may well be better off with the Honda, as for whatever reason, the internet at large has taken to that version.

Maybe it's for the inevitable deluge of Senna McLaren-Honda designs...

Honda owner past and present and my profile picture sort of gives my allegiance away! Never been a Toyota fan but if i get one on the daily roulette I wont be "selling" it!

Back