Soo, the real question, SF19 Honda or Toyota?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kawafoofs
  • 92 comments
  • 46,365 views
Honda

RNFetchBlobTmp_8puogxwci7scfy8himflla.jpg
 
Got both and can't get enough of the Toyota gnarly noise, delicious...if you own VR, do yourself a favour and hotlap these beasts with headphones cranked up just enough to not damage your ears!
 
Love my Hondas, but also my Toyotas. Said I'd get both, but enjoying my Saitama Toyopet Green Brave Powered by TOM'S TRD SF19(whew!).

I do want to get the Honda, to see how it handles and check the sound.
 
My family has just so happened to have Toyotas for the last 20 years so I got that. It's got such a nice rough sound that actually sounds like something. I'll get the Honda soon and hear the difference. But do they really handle differently? Can someone with both cars see if they have the same stock tune?
 
Given my Manufacterers Series choice (and the manuacterer I rooted for in Nascar), by association I was always gonna go Toyota. I did get both though to see if there were any differences feel wise and there definitely is.
 
D2zQtugUwAUFFHI.jpg:large


Two laps each, one warm up and one flier. Straight up, the Honda felt easier to drive. I could place it at corner entry easily. The Toyota felt slower.
Both sound different. Honda sounds smoother and more like a bike(to me). Sounds cool. The Toyota, as I mentioned in another thread, sounds like the Red Bull Jr with the flat-4. I hear more crackles and different tones off throttle and while feathering the throttle. Both equally cool.
 
I wanted to go with Honda but I regularly use the Lexus Group 2 car so I had to keep things in the family for my own sanity. That said, after hearing comparisons, I prefer the sound of the Toyota so that worked out well.
 
RNFetchBlobTmp_me6su08yj3gxzma6nnoex.jpg
RNFetchBlobTmp_gqf46p1fc1gqhuive51cvi.jpg
RNFetchBlobTmp_e0gy4ayci19r8dj037r3m.jpg
RNFetchBlobTmp_uxezwp8aw3byee9ne88wrm.jpg


I put some work into detailing this seemingly simple Replica Livery.

Its almost spot on minus one decal I can't find for the nose, my adition of the Super Formula decal on the fin and a ghost Honda Decal where the GT original has it over the engine. I've seen a few of these replicas so far and I believe I've come closest and Also have it in Exposed Carbon.

RNFetchBlobTmp_dyawhlne0utx9yx32h1kyi.jpg


RNFetchBlobTmp_n2ibyshp7amn58lul7buzb.jpg


Little bit bummed the tire decals cant be put back on after you do A custom livery but maybe they will add the ability in the future.
 
Last edited:
Went with Honda so I could make a blue and yellow spoon sports livery.
I'm working on a livery for the Honda right now but it's not a Spoon one. I do plan to make a livery for the Toyota at some point but I don't know what it'll be yet.

Interesting fact: doing a search in the livery section of the in-game Discover menu yields the following:

In the search period 27/3/2019 15:53 to 28/3/2019 21:23, 1364 liveries have been uploaded for the Honda version of the SF19.

Over the same period, only 891 have been made for the Toyota version.

Since you can't cross-use the liveries, fans of custom designs may well be better off with the Honda, as for whatever reason, the internet at large has taken to that version.

Maybe it's for the inevitable deluge of Senna McLaren-Honda designs...
I decided to make a livery for the Honda first specifically because I could do a McLaren-Honda. It's the most obvious choice for Honda open-wheelers.
 
View attachment 810419 View attachment 810420 View attachment 810421 View attachment 810422

I put some work into detailing this seemingly simple Replica Livery.

Its almost spot on minus one decal I can't find for the nose, my adition of the Super Formula decal on the fin and a ghost Honda Decal where the GT original has it over the engine. I've seen a few of these replicas so far and I believe I've come closest and Also have it in Exposed Carbon.

View attachment 810424

View attachment 810425

Little bit bummed the tire decals cant be put back on after you do A custom livery but maybe they will add the ability in the future.
How on earth do you get the decals on the sides and back of the rear spoiler. I’ve tried and the decals keep flickering and disappearing. :confused:
 
How on earth do you get the decals on the sides and back of the rear spoiler. I’ve tried and the decals keep flickering and disappearing. :confused:

I had to adjust the projection area a lot and then apply shape decals to patch bleeding. Needed to get some downloaded flipable logos too.

The whole thing took most of the day fixing little details and bleeding here and there. Some of it was kinda flukie I managed to adjust stuff I'm not really sure what it does until it worked out.
 
I chose the Honda for some reason; probably because I dislike Toyota. And Honda has had far more success in Formula cars; not that it makes a massive difference here.
 
I had to adjust the projection area a lot and then apply shape decals to patch bleeding. Needed to get some downloaded flipable logos too.

The whole thing took most of the day fixing little details and bleeding here and there. Some of it was kinda flukie I managed to adjust stuff I'm not really sure what it does until it worked out.
OK thanks. Nice work!
 
Engine sound of the Honda is tamer than the Toyota, but just as wild when driven hard







 
Went for Honda because I love the Red Bull livery plus a fan of Pierre Gasly's performance back when he was racing in Super Formula.

20190329184245.jpg
 
Also this needs TCS1 to drive at this stage.... might get to TCS0 with more wheel time.
Needs? The Holda SF19 is eminently drivable with TCS0 even on a controller. Its a joy to drive.

One problem I see (or dont see) is that the central halo bar blocks vision to some degree where opponent cars disappear when dead centre.
I believe there is one game - can't remember which - that does give you the option of ghosting/hiding the halo support on suitably equipped cars.
 
The only cars I've driven up until a 2 weeks ago were Toyotas, but recently we bought a Honda Odyssey, and I've been loving it. So I picked the Honda.

Edit: How come this thread doesn't have a poll?
 
Glad I found this thread. I'll probably end up getting both, but after reading this thread, I'll get the Honda first. I don't like understeer in a car, so if the Toyota does that more, I'm Honda all the way.
 
work in progress, placing the decals is so finicky

6206612380826239032_23.jpg
looks really nice but you should delete that generic gt number plate and replace it with normal number in livery editor, will look a lot better
 
Last edited:
Needs? The Holda SF19 is eminently drivable with TCS0 even on a controller. Its a joy to drive.


I believe there is one game - can't remember which - that does give you the option of ghosting/hiding the halo support on suitably equipped cars.
Quite right, that game is Codemasters F12018.
 
Not a big fan of either manufacturer, got the Toyota mostly because of how poorly Honda has performed in F1 their last two tries. Selling BAR Honda to Brawn given the performance numbers they had was pure stupidity and they were a joke with Mclaren at the last try. If Alonso can’t make you go fast you ain’t fast.

I also planned on only getting one of the two because formula cars aren’t my thing so much, but I’m warming up to using it and I even had a bit of fun with the Suzuka race this morning. Maybe get the Honda cause why not?

Anyone else feel the related events should have been placed in professional league and twice the race distance?
 
Not a big fan of either manufacturer, got the Toyota mostly because of how poorly Honda has performed in F1 their last two tries. Selling BAR Honda to Brawn given the performance numbers they had was pure stupidity and they were a joke with Mclaren at the last try. If Alonso can’t make you go fast you ain’t fast.

I also planned on only getting one of the two because formula cars aren’t my thing so much, but I’m warming up to using it and I even had a bit of fun with the Suzuka race this morning. Maybe get the Honda cause why not?

Anyone else feel the related events should have been placed in professional league and twice the race distance?
I thought for sure they'd be in Professional with a 20 car grid(as that's how many cars are in the real series). Could have alternatively made an endrance event.
 
I am curious if the power and torque curve of the two cars are the same or not. Could anyone here who has both cars share pictures of the power curves? They can be found when hovering over the Power Ratio slider in Car Settings.
 
How on earth do you get the decals on the sides and back of the rear spoiler. I’ve tried and the decals keep flickering and disappearing. :confused:
Crank the depth and angle limit all theway up on the wing decals and it'll be mirrored on the other side. For asymmetrical decals just invert them horizontally, crank up the depth and angle limit and it'll show up the right way on the back of the wing. Then use a shape decal to mask it on the front of the wing (as long as you don't crank up the angle/depth it'll mask it on the front but not the back) and then put something on top of it if you want. I figured out this trick when making my livery for the Honda powered one as the McLaren MP4-5B had Marlboro logos on the back of the wing and I was able to get them back there this way.


Skip to 4:30 if you just want to know how to get the decal on the back of the wing. It should work on any car with a wing, not just the AMG GT3 shown.
 
Last edited:
Ive actualy found a better way without the need to put a next decal to cover the mirrored bleed through and no need of flipping. This is the difference from the first post pics to my updated ones.

Ill make a video
 
I thought for sure they'd be in Professional with a 20 car grid(as that's how many cars are in the real series). Could have alternatively made an endrance event.

Yeah, an endurance race would be neat. I currently find these guys a challenging custom race at the professional setting. Could make an interesting race.
 
Back