Spa-Francorchamps is Not in GT Sport (Yet) Because of Licensing Issues

Hey there, just saw this, so wanted to address it: I was the GTPlanet person at the recent Salzburg event, and while I had a variety of questions on hand in case of an interview, there were zero opportunities to have an on-the-record chat with Yamauchi.

I think you're overestimating the reach of such a thing.

Do you get the feeling from previous talks with PD that Spa is the last track we are going to get for GT? The fact that they’ve turned to modifying existing tracks(adding rain) makes me feel as though Spa could be the end of new tracks in this game?

It's no surprise if Spa is the final new track in GT Sport. The PS5 is coming out in roughly a year, and the next GT game is supposed to be a launch title.

I highly doubt Spa is the end of new tracks unless the end of DLC content is coming soon. But we know it’s not since the Porsche VGT won’t come until the end of next year.

A while ago, after Goodwood, someone in the know mentioned that three tracks were modeled and ready to go. Spa and Sardegna allegedly weren’t any of those three tracks. I’d be shocked if at a minimum Silverstone and Ascari didn’t come to the game since they were just modeled recently, added only in GT6.

I personally expect we’ll see another two or three real world tracks plus one or two fictional circuits over the next year and change.

Other games has no problem to pay Spa license.
I bet that there is more in this story than just license fee.

I don't think the prices are the same for all the software houses. Surely when it comes to GT they take the opportunity to raise the price exponentially knowing that it is one of the biggest names in the industry

It was in an article I read months ago, sorry but I don't remember where. There were screen shots of an internal Sony slide show and GT was listed with the launch titles, thus "supposed to be."
This is just a rumour and unreliable imo, until we get an reliable insider talking about it. Faking "internal" documents is easy.

It's no surprise if Spa is the final new track in GT Sport. The PS5 is coming out in roughly a year, and the next GT game is supposed to be a launch title.
Are you saying this only because GTS is gonna have Spec 2.0 soon?

It is shocking to me how problematic many people seem to be making on Spa.

I legit thougjt the classic GT tracks were the more important ones and still no news about them...
Spa will come, matter of patience.

And dlc having a price doesn't mean you'll get it faster or it's better.
It is already taxing updating in a monthly basis at least from what i'm seeing.
And i doubt Spa is reserved for World Tour, 0 reasons for it to be

It is shocking to me how problematic many people seem to be making on Spa.

I legit thougjt the classic GT tracks were the more important ones and still no news about them...
Spa will come, matter of patience.

And dlc having a price doesn't mean you'll get it faster or it's better.
It is already taxing updating in a monthly basis at least from what i'm seeing.
And i doubt Spa is reserved for World Tour, 0 reasons for it to be
December 2017 : https://www.gtplanet.net/trial-mountain-grand-valley-deep-forest-arent-gt-sport-yet/
“We are already working on Deep Forest; we actually have the data for Deep Forest that runs on Gran Turismo Sport but it does have some problems.”

I think it's pretty clear, we won't see any classic GT tracks in GTSport. Sure, there is a possibility but still very unlikely at this point. Midfield was added to GT6 around 14 months after its release. I have no doubt that we'll see them in the next GT.

December 2017 : https://www.gtplanet.net/trial-mountain-grand-valley-deep-forest-arent-gt-sport-yet/
“We are already working on Deep Forest; we actually have the data for Deep Forest that runs on Gran Turismo Sport but it does have some problems.”

I think it's pretty clear, we won't see any classic GT tracks in GTSport. Sure, there is a possibility but still very unlikely at this point. Midfield was added to GT6 around 14 months after its release. I have no doubt that we'll see them in the next GT.
That is end of 2017, i meant any news after that sorry

The only thing i hope for is that we get spa with rain, now that it look like pd has got the rain programming right, you can see the Improvement of the wet from redbull to toko and we also got night racing in the wet. I would love to see spa have rain with a morning , lunch and night time with wet racing,

On a side note I really hope gt sport keeps getting updates till the end of the life of ps4.

This doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't the developer want to secure a licensing deal BEFORE going through all the effort of making the track? PD just wasted a bunch of time and money if they can't get the track in the game...

Edit: my apologies, I didn't realize this was an older article.

Last edited:
Highly doubt Next GT will be a launch title for PS5, probably release 2-3 years after the PS5 minimum.
GT6 would’ve been a PS4 launch release if Sony hadn’t miscalculated the continued viability of the PS3 market. There’s a very good reason we’ll not get another GT on PS4 and Sony not having revealed any AAA 1st party titles since Ghosts of Tsushima in October 2017.

Back