Spec GTP: Formula Mazda - Series Complete!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 272 comments

Stock or Tuned? Which tracks would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm all but out of this. My pad is shot when inputting right pulls on the joystick. Half the time it's not registering it, or just partially registering it. Getting by on the more easy going games is a chore in itself, so Forza is going to be a completely different level of headaches.

Sorry guys :(

I'm all but out of this. My pad is shot when inputting right pulls on the joystick. Half the time it's not registering it, or just partially registering it. Getting by on the more easy going games is a chore in itself, so Forza is going to be a completely different level of headaches.

Sorry guys :(
Try turning the analog stick to the left and giving a short sharp blow into the slight gap on the right (repeat with other side).
My controller has the same problem, but on left turns. Sends me barrelling into the wall I'm pointing at. For me, it seems to just be dust getting in behind the stick.

Try turning the analog stick to the left and giving a short sharp blow into the slight gap on the right (repeat with other side).
My controller has the same problem, but on left turns. Sends me barrelling into the wall I'm pointing at. For me, it seems to just be dust getting in behind the stick.
I've tried that, and I don't believe that to be the issue with mine. I've even noticed it just going out randomly even though I've never changed direction and have had it held down for some time. It's odd. Either way, I've tried just about every work around besides actually taking it apart, so as it sits, I won't be able to do anything competitive until I get a new one.

I've tried that, and I don't believe that to be the issue with mine. I've even noticed it just going out randomly even though I've never changed direction and have had it held down for some time. It's odd. Either way, I've tried just about every work around besides actually taking it apart, so as it sits, I won't be able to do anything competitive until I get a new one.
Fair enough. It's a shame to hear that, but hopefully you're back on track soon :)

I've got to move it slightly, to 5PM my time (22:00 GMT).

If folks are alright with it, I'd also like to extend the race to be a bit longer. Closer to an hour. It's up to the group, though!

@SlipZtrEm I'm good with that time, and with making the race slightly longer. Although with that you may want to bump up the end of race timer, especially on the longer laps of Spa.

I actually have 2 tunes I've prepared for this race (high & low DF), both are capable of similar times round Spa and will both be uploaded at some point tomorrow.

Spec GTP: Formula Mazda
Round 4 - Sonoma Raceway - Full Circuit

After a short and uneventful practice session, the race got underway actually on time! We had a short grid again, unfortunately missing points leader @Im_Lukas as well as several other racers, so we started with only 5 cars for the third time in a row:
  1. @prousonhairy
  2. @ClydeYellow
  3. @SlipZtrEm
  4. @HighSeasHoMastr
  5. @GTracer38
GetPhoto.ashx

I continued my trend of getting dynamite starts and was in second by the time we got to the first corner, nosing right in behind @ClydeYellow through the first right hand turn, while @SlipZtrEm tried to hold the inside against a charging @GTracer38:
GetPhoto.ashx

We all got over the hill alright, and as we flew down into the next braking zone, myself and @SlipZtrEm got a little over-enthusiastic on the slow pedal:
GetPhoto.ashx

We held this order for a little while, after @GTracer38 got past @SlipZtrEm fairly early. I was right behind @ClydeYellow but he was attempting to tame a particularly aggressive breed of lag monster, so I was hesitant to make a move on him. I had to pull out of a couple moves because I was scared of ruining it for both of us:
GetPhoto.ashx

Unfortunately, this let me slip back into the clutches of @GTRace38, who promptly pounced on myself and @ClydeYellow:
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

This set up a great little race between me and @SlipZtrEm for a couple laps, until he managed to sneak up the inside and get past me:
GetPhoto.ashx

Which lead to a great three-way fight with us and @ClydeYellow for a couple of corners:
GetPhoto.ashx

Until @SlipZtrEm felt the bit from the previously mentioned lag monster, and had a little adventure:
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

This left me to try and get past @ClydeYellow without meeting a similar fate, which I did manage to do, but not without a victim:
GetPhoto.ashx

When this happened live, I honestly had no idea what had happened. Both @ClydeYellow and myself had run wide onto the curb going down that hill, and I thought that he had fallen victim to the notoriously vicious spin-machine Forza curb, because I didn't feel any contact between us. Watching it in replay, it does appear that I gave him the bump-and-run, and I am deeply sorry for that sir. I didn't really know where your car was, with the lag jumping it all over the track, and I was just trying to get slowed down after clipping that curb. Sorry!

Either way, that put @ClydeYellow into a spin that dropped him into the clutches of @SlipZtrEm once again:
GetPhoto.ashx

This time, @SlipZtrEm was able to get passed him without incident, when @ClydeYellow ran very wide into the hairpin at the top of the course:
GetPhoto.ashx

This settled the race into its most boring stage. @GTracer38 was doing his best impression of @Im_Lukas in his absence, and had opened an impressive gap over me and was lengthening it by the lap:
GetPhoto.ashx

I had an even larger gap back to @SlipZtrEm in third, who ahd gapped @ClydeYellow who had gapped @prousonhairy and left the field spread right out.

That would maintain for about 10 laps in the middle, until @GTracer38 lagged out! As we've discussed, he's being credited the win, but it was still disappointing!

Right around when that happened, my pace started to fall off, and @SlipZtrEm found another gear. I was losing ~0.7 seconds a lap to him, and I couldn't find my pace again! He started catching me, eventually regaining visual distance:

There would be a picture here but my replay stops at this point!!!!!
Basically it has everyone just sitting in place doing burnouts. :(
So yes, right as the best part of the race started, my replay died. Let us mourn this tragedy for times eternal.

Anyways, @SlipZtrEm and I were only maybe 10 feet apart as we crossed the line, with me in front. He actually passed me at one point but I was able to repass him and then fend him off for just long enough. We lost @ClydeYellow at some point, finally losing his own battle with the lag monster, but it was an epic finish to the race.

I'm sad I can't show you pictures of it, but it was all great fun! Congrats @GTracer38 on the win (cough, @HighSeasHoMastr too) and I hope we can all make it for the finale at Spa!

It's been a blast either way. Thanks to @SlipZtrEm for putting this together, and to all you guys for some great races!

Nice write up! I'll be up for Spa. I'll try to do a couple of laps tonight to get my eye in.

About the Spa race, I'm not sure about that timing @SlipZtrEm as it makes it quite late for the Euro crowd, especially if we're going to have a longer round.

Personally, I think I can make it work, but with just getting back in town I do have quite a bit of stuff to catch up on, so I probably will get very minimal practice time in if any at all.

With the timing, etc, would it be better to postpone to next week? Just a thought, works for me either way.

Yeah, that's an option as well. If folks would rather we do next week, let me know!

The earlier time works out a bit better for me, we may be having a BBQ tomorrow evening if my brother comes down. So I may miss tomorrow's because 4pm here is grill time. It's no biggy if I miss it though, I should be here for next Sunday's. I'll really only know for sure sometime tomorrow morning.

My schedule is completely flexible. If postponing another week works best for everyone, I'm fine with that. Otherwise I'll be there tomorrow.

I don't mind running either this week or next week.

Did some tweaks and uploaded both tunes, the low DF tune was 0.1 faster but slightly more difficult to drive and requires lifting off on some corners the high DF tune can take flat out, however the low DF tune is ~10mph faster along the Kemmel straight. I'll be running the low DF tune in the race to make a change from the other races where I've used high DF.

Also what's the ruling on Eau Rouge? The game lets you cut it quite a bit while keeping a clean lap so just wondering in advance of the race, I don't mind either way as long as we're playing to the same limits.

Also what's the ruling on Eau Rouge? The game lets you cut it quite a bit while keeping a clean lap so just wondering in advance of the race, I don't mind either way as long as we're playing to the same limits.
That's hard to police. I'd say on the first lap, be as generous as the game just so we avoid a pile up, but after that a gentlemen's agreement to at least try to keep it on track.

I'm out of tonight's race, heavy rain apparently disturbing my internet connection means that I'd lag like hell and drop out mid race.

Hopefully I'll be racing with you guys in the next weeks, tho.

So it looks like @ClydeYellow is definitely out, with @prousonhairy and myself possibly out, and @Populuxe Cowboy and @Im_Lukas being fine with either week.

Your call @SlipZtrEm but this week is looking like a bit of a wet blanket :/

As an idea, if there are people on who want to race, those who can make it could run a non-points round at VIR (if everyone has it) as a wildcard or something. Just a thought.

Either way guys hopefully we can all get together and have an epic finale at Spa!

It's just bad timing for me, I'll have baby back ribs on the grill at that time, and some company over. So I'll have to pass on this week.

It would be cool, sometime after this event is over or whenever, to have more events with different cars etc. Maybe we can do where it rotates, each week it's a different persons turn to pick the track and car(or car class would be cool too) and have a race there. I would just ask that the car specs to be rounded up to 600,700,800 etc. So it's easier for non tuners to find, and test out, several tunes to see which one fits them best.

It would even be cool to have a thread, where people could just check in when they want to race. Like a spur of the moment deal, "hey you guys want to get on in an hour and just do some normal length random races" kind of thing. Nothing serious at all, just to have some fun. I'd rather do that and race with people I know are clean, than online lobbies. 👍

Yeah, let's do that. Sorry about the lack of response, been tied up at work.

I messed up my foot, so I'd personally love to wait a week so I can focus on something other than the throbbing pain. :lol:

How about a change of venue for the final race? I would love to race these little guys at VIR.

I made my livery, I think it's fun (yes it's a joke but I do intend to use it) although I'm pretty sure most of you will disagree. However its horrendousness will match my driving I am quite sure. :)

I just have to slap a number on it and it's done unless I put some more crap onto it. Can you tell I'm not much of a painter?
1.png
2.png

Last edited:
So what's the Verdict for the last race, are we doing VIR or Spa? I say we park these freaking weedeaters we've been driving and drive S class 959's at Grand West VIR. :lol:

Na, I'm up for whatever. Just would like to know where it's at. My internet has been super laggy today, hopefully it's better tomorrow. 👍

Edit: oh yeah and time changes for some of us tonight, I'm not sure how that works everywhere, so we might want to make sure we're all on the same page for the start time tomorrow.

The VIR venue change request has been withdrawn since not everyone got the Porsche expansion.

Back