Spec GTP: Formula Mazda - Series Complete!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 272 comments

Stock or Tuned? Which tracks would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I spent a lot of time in the grass exploring. :/. I could only hear @HighSeasHoMastr on chat. I still had fun. I lost 22 seconds on turn four one time. I went off into the barriers that block off the alternate circuit, then I had trouble finding reverse. I lost 19 on another lap on turn 3. I ended up on the hillside up in the grass, I can't say for sure how I got there. I seen the leaders coming so I just stayed there for a bit to let them pass.

It looks like you guys up front had a good tight race going for awhile. It was a fun time and I look forward to next week. :cheers:

Last edited:
Good racing guys, I enjoyed the battle with @HighSeasHoMastr even if I had to keep pulling out of some potential overtakes due to the puddles. I don't know what happened on turn 1 after my final attempt passing you @HighSeasHoMastr I checked behind to see where you were so tried to stick to the opposite line, but I also realise that I brake a lot earlier there, so sorry if you had to take any avoiding action.

Ran a nice lap at some point in there just scraping in to the 33s, leaving me just inside the top 50, was shocked at that as I thought I already had a great lap with a 34.3, so really no idea where that came from.

Looking forwards to next week :cheers:.

I didn't realize I missed this until way later in the day. I had one of my wisdom teeth extracted last week, and the pain meds just leave me so out of it. Come Sunday, I wasn't even aware that it was actually Sunday(not related to the meds :lol:) but either way, I was pretty much just sleeping it out as they get me extremely tired.

On top of that, my pad is getting extremely bad with it's dead steering bug, so much so that if I can't figure out a work around, I might have to back out of this completely. :( too much stacked against me this weekend.

First time I see this thread, I was overseas when it was created but still never saw it until now. Is it too late to join in? I'm slow but clean, I'll be a backmarker for sure but I promise I won't cause any problems :).

First time I see this thread, I was overseas when it was created but still never saw it until now. Is it too late to join in? I'm slow but clean, I'll be a backmarker for sure but I promise I won't cause any problems :).
It's up to the other guys, but I'm all for it. We can always use another person to race, there was only 5 of us yesterday. I could also use someone more on my level to compete against as well, although I think just about anyone could of beat me yesterday. :lol:

I say the more the merrier, welcome to the series @Fat Tyre we'll see you at Sonoma!

Also, @Im_Lukas I did notice that you were on the brakes much earlier into turn 1 than I was, so that didn't catch me out too much. What did catch me out was being totally unable to see my turn-in point through the spray, and I basically just drove straight off the track :lol: as I'm sure @SlipZtrEm can attest to, since he got past me briefly in the same corner.

@prousonhairy, @Populuxe Cowboy, @HighSeasHoMastr, @Im_Lukas, @SlipZtrEm

Thanks guys! Fat "Blue Flags" Tyre will even make Luca Badoer look good but will try his best not disrupt the front runners.

At what time do you guys race? I'll be working this working but I'll have a few hours available hopefully I will be able to make it. Any way if i can't on this one I will certainly be on the following week.

@prousonhairy, @Populuxe Cowboy, @HighSeasHoMastr, @Im_Lukas, @SlipZtrEm

Thanks guys! Fat "Blue Flags" Tyre will even make Luca Badoer look good but will try his best not disrupt the front runners.

At what time do you guys race? I'll be working this working but I'll have a few hours available hopefully I will be able to make it. Any way if i can't on this one I will certainly be on the following week.

I believe we usually start at 8PM GMT with practice and then if all goes to plan the race starts at around 8:15, usually finished right around 9PM.

--

I'm not too sure if I can make this weeks race, as I'm about to have a very fun but busy weekend. If I do manage to get back in time I'll be racing though.

Tune is uploaded for Sonoma, deals with most of the bumps nicely apart from the extremely bumpy grass on the outside on the exit of the long left hander :D.

That means I won't be able to join you guys, 8pm GMT is 7am here so I'll be at work. Next time will have to be.

Just to clarify is it 8pm Saturday or Sunday?

Which variation of Sonoma are we racing this weekend? I know it was asked last Sunday after the race, but I never heard an answer because I couldn't hear Slip.

Unfortunately I will have to downgrade my status to 'Maybe' for this round. I will be leaving for a work trip tomorrow afternoon and I still have a lot of stuff to do before I leave.

Still hopefully I can make it, especially with @Im_Lukas being potentially absent and thus blowing open the fight for the win. If I can make it work, I'll be there. I might have to miss the practice session though. We shall see.

Either way, good luck everyone, and I look forward to (hopefully) seeing you on the track tomorrow!

Alarm(s) set and ready to race :P

EdiDg6s.jpg

RrBRDFC.jpg

Painting instead of practicing is a great idea XD

So I just ran 20 laps or so in Rivals. I like this track and I won't be off in the wilderness like some drunken idiot for half the race.

So I think, "Hey maybe I'll at least do alright today", with the 1:38:00 I posted. Then I check the leaderboards, and 🤬 me if there isn't 3 of you guys running 4+ seconds a lap faster then me.:lol:
And that's the only three who have times up! @SlipZtrEm has a time that's ranked 220 out of 98k people. @HighSeasHoMastr and @ClydeYellow both have Top 600 times. @Im_Lukas doesnt has a time up, but I know it would be up top somewhere. @ImaRobot would be too, I've seen his times.

I feel real slow running with you guys, but I don't think it's because I'm so terrible(not counting the tropical storm at brands hatch, or the horrible variation of Lime Rock we raced), it's just that you all are that good. I still have a fun time though, I enjoy this series even if I'm in the back. :cheers:

@prousonhairy - I ran a dozen test laps last night, didn't realize where I landed! It's been a favourite of mine since GT4, and I had a lot of good luck with it in the hoppers back in FM4 in D through A class. I ran hundreds of laps in a particular C-Class Elise gaming the Rivals system back then, earning myself millions thanks to incremental improvements.

I'm glad you're having fun, as that really is the primary goal here. I think we all run very clean with good lines too, so that's even better. 👍

15 minutes, folks!

Looks like I won't be making it for this race, good luck to those of you who are taking part in the race and hopefully I'll see you in Spa(?).

@Im_Lukas doesnt has a time up, but I know it would be up top somewhere.

If he's running the tune he's uploaded on the Sharefront and past experience is of any indication, he may be running in the low 1:32s. :lol:

Did ten or so laps of practise in Rival mode this morning, I think I should be able to run low 1:34s constantly. I am not very optimistic about my results... But this time I may be able to at least keep up, if I don't eff up. Anyways, race will be starting anytime now, so... Hear ya later, folks!

1:31.814 for me in practice so @Im_Lukas could probably run 30's :P

Edit: Good luck guys! I disconnected, which sucks :ouch: Even worse when you're out front but it doesn't matter.

Maybe next week :lol:

Last edited:
Aaaaand I lagged out. Again.

Well, it was fun 'till it lasted. I managed to lead for three laps, but then I slipped to third; @SlipZtrEm passed me quite easily, but I had him in my sights for a couple of laps before I finally started to feel the dreaded pad fatigue and low 1:34s became mid 1:35. I was just starting to get back to shape when... Well, it was all over.

@GTracer38 , I don't think it's physically possible to drive the Formula Mazda spec'd this way any faster around Sears. But Lukas is not one to limit himself to the possible, so yeah, he could've be running 30s. :lol:

If anybody has the replay by the time the race's over, please upload it. I'd gladly take some pictures of the race.

I can't believe I missed it. I sat down in my easy chair waiting for it to start and fell asleep. When I woke up and logged in, there were 20 of 27 laps already run.

@GTracer38 - By a jury of your peers (@HighSeasHoMastr, @prousonhairy, and I - I couldn't hear @ClydeYellow), we're fine with awarding you points in light of the D/C. It was roughly half way into the race when you disappeared, and barring any catastrophic accidents, you would've been clear of the rest of us the entire race. I'll leave it up to you, but we all think you deserve it.

Because of that, it's also worth discussing a similar approach with @ClydeYellow. As it affects @prousonhairy most, I'd like to hear from him.

It was a good race, attrition aside. @HighSeasHoMastr and I had a really close run for the final half-dozen laps, even swapping the lead a bit. It ended in the closest finish so far (he nabbed it by 0.053), which isn't bad considering I had to make up a big deficit at the beginning after being lag-tapped into a wall!

@GTracer38 - By a jury of your peers (@HighSeasHoMastr, @prousonhairy, and I - I couldn't hear @ClydeYellow), we're fine with awarding you points in light of the D/C. It was roughly half way into the race when you disappeared, and barring any catastrophic accidents, you would've been clear of the rest of us the entire race. I'll leave it up to you, but we all think you deserve it.

Because of that, it's also worth discussing a similar approach with @ClydeYellow. As it affects @prousonhairy most, I'd like to hear from him.

It was a good race, attrition aside. @HighSeasHoMastr and I had a really close run for the final half-dozen laps, even swapping the lead a bit. It ended in the closest finish so far (he nabbed it by 0.053), which isn't bad considering I had to make up a big deficit at the beginning after being lag-tapped into a wall!
Are you sure?
It's fine if you'd prefer to leave it as is, it's not like I'm any threat to the points after missing two rounds anyway.

I agree, as stated, with awarding @GTracer38 the win. You were much faster than I was, and if you'd been in till the end you would undoubtedly have won.

For the @ClydeYellow one, I'd say it's up to @prousonhairy as it affects him the most. If he's okay with it then 4th it is!

Great race guys! @SlipZtrEm and I were separated by ~12ft at the end! I had a big lead over him mid-race, but my pace disappeared and he found another gear, so we had a very tense last 8 laps.

I managed to actually get the replay this time, and it is shared. File name is GTPSpecMazdaR4 tagged with Round 4 of the GTPlanet Spec Formula Mazda Series. GTP. Also tagged Group, Racing, and by model in the game tagging.

I'll eventually get around to shooting some photos from it and doing another write-up, but I'll be out of town this whole week, so it'll probably be Saturday before I get a chance to do so. If someone else wants to do one, by all means.

Next race is the last one guys! Hopefully we can have a full grid to close it out at Spa!

Are you sure?
It's fine if you'd prefer to leave it as is, it's not like I'm any threat to the points after missing two rounds anyway.

It's nearly unanimous, so I'm fine with it, yes. Besides, the points here are kind of like the ones in Who's Line Is It Anyway: they don't really matter. My main goal was to have our small little community racing together. :)

I've gotta head out for a bit, so I'll deal with the points later. I also want to announce now that I'll need to move the next race back by about two hours. I'd also like to extend it to a full hour of racing if we're all okay with it, but as it affects the Euro contingent more than anyone, as it'd push it until 10pm in the UK, I want to hear from everybody about it first.

Back