Spec GTP: Formula Mazda - Series Complete!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 272 comments

Stock or Tuned? Which tracks would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome write-up @HighSeasHoMastr. Yeah, I had a string of errors in the first half of the race that made it impossible for me to catch Lukas. When I did settle into my rhythm near the end and set that 55, I had a bunch of other laps all within a quarter-second of it, and did notice the distance between him and I close up slightly each lap, but I would've needed double the race distance and continued consistency to have a chance there.

Really liked our fight for those laps too, with our different braking points at the chicanes it made it very fun. 👍

@ImaRobot - We've got next Sunday off on account of Valentine's. The 21st will be at a wet Brands, the 28th with be at Sonoma, and March 6th will be the end of the series at Spa. If we can all pull ourselves away from the Porsches... :lol:

Race 1 Results:
1st: @Im_Lukas - 20 points
2nd: @GTracer38 - 15 points
3rd: @ImaRobot - 11 points
4th: @SlipZtrEm - 8 points
5th: @ClydeYellow - 6 points
6th: @Populuxe Cowboy - 5 points
7th: @VXR - 4 points
8th: @prousonhairy - 3 points
9th: @HighSeasHoMastr - 2 points

Race 2 Results:
2nd: @SlipZtrEm - 15 points
3rd: @HighSeasHoMastr - 11 points
4th: @prousonhairy - 8 points
5th: @Populuxe Cowboy - 6 points

Current Standings:
1st: @Im_Lukas - 40 points
2nd: @SlipZtrEm - 23 points
3rd: @GTracer38 - 15 points
4th: @HighSeasHoMastr - 13 points
5th: @ImaRobot - 11 points
5th: @Populuxe Cowboy - 11 points
5th: @prousonhairy - 11 points
6th: @ClydeYellow - 6 points

I'll aim for top 5 in this series now :)

If we can't tear ourselves away from the Porsches for more then the last round, then maybe a second series might be in order *cough* Carrera Cup *cough*

Current Standings:
1st: @Im_Lukas - 40 points
2nd: @SlipZtrEm - 23 points
3rd: @GTracer38 - 15 points
4th: @HighSeasHoMastr - 13 points
5th: @ImaRobot - 11 points
5th: @Populuxe Cowboy - 11 points
5th: @prousonhairy - 11 points
6th: @ClydeYellow - 6 points
Pedantically speaking, Clyde Yellow is 8th in the standings, and VXR is 9th.

If we can't tear ourselves away from the Porsches for more then the last round, then maybe a second series might be in order *cough* Carrera Cup *cough*

I like this idea for a series after the Mazdas.

Last edited:
I like this idea for a series after the Mazdas.

With the high likelihood of 935 inclusion, I'd rather have a DRM Revival series than a Carrera Cup. I'd be driving the Beta, of course.

Wet Brands Hatch? Wunderbar. I'll either do nicely, or crash into someone at the first corner and end dead last. My results in the rain don't seem to be too constant.

With the high likelihood of 935 inclusion, I'd rather have a DRM Revival series than a Carrera Cup. I'd be driving the Beta, of course.

Wet Brands Hatch? Wunderbar. I'll either do nicely, or crash into someone at the first corner and end dead last. My results in the rain don't seem to be too constant.
I was just sticking with the one-make idea :P
Classic series would be nice too!

So are we racing at Brands Hatch Sunday? That would be nice, I haven't raced there in awhile. :lol:

Just checking in to make sure it's on for sure Sunday. Maybe we can have a roll call here tomorrow to get everyone on the same page for Sunday, so we know for sure who all to expect and no one gets left out or forgotten. Maybe also set a time. 👍

I haven't checked yet, I'm hoping @Im_Lukas has a tune shared I can grab. :cheers:

Rainy Brands indeed! I'm open to any time, so I'd love to hear from everybody on what works best for them. 👍

@prousonhairy Brands Hatch tune will be up later today.

I should still be good for any time if I don't get stuck playing Rocket League, but if my driving these last few days is anything to go by I'm not expecting an easy time.

I'm good to go for Sunday also. Anytime between 16:00 and 20:00 GMT works for me to start. I just have to be done by ~22:00.

Did some practice laps earlier this week, expecting the race to be a total disaster. This car really doesn't handle the puddles well...

Tune is now shared, quite a few changes compared to the dry setups, if anyone wants it typed down let me know. Managed to set a time which just missed the top 100 and only slightly slower than my S800 M1 Procar here.

Did some practice laps earlier this week, expecting the race to be a total disaster. This car really doesn't handle the puddles well...

The puddles which cover the whole track I find are fine, it's the ones which sit on the inside of the corners which are a pain, just clip them the smallest bit with the inside front tyre and you're lucky to keep facing the right direction. I approach them either aiming to get the whole car in the puddle, or none of the car in the puddle. If you're getting the whole car in the puddle make sure you've done all your braking and most of the turning done before entering the puddle or it's just going to throw you off the track.

Was happy to see the car actually handles the kerbs relatively well though, there are a couple of them you have to watch out for but most of them are OK to use if they're not being hit too hard and you're gentle on the throttle.

Anytimes good for me. I'd like to catch some of Daytona, but as long as I get to see the last 20 laps or so. That's really all you need to watch. :cheers:

The later it is the better for me, but whenever suits everyone else is fine.

Just let me know in the next 5-ish hours so I can set my alarm, otherwise I'll sleep in :P

The later it is the better for me, but whenever suits everyone else is fine.

Just let me know in the next 5-ish hours so I can set my alarm, otherwise I'll sleep in :P

Let's stick to 20:00 GMT then. 15 minutes of practice, 40-45 minutes of racing.

I haven't touched the FM since the last race, so I'll have to get some laps in early tomorrow!

Let's stick to 20:00 GMT then. 15 minutes of practice, 40-45 minutes of racing.

I haven't touched the FM since the last race, so I'll have to get some laps in early tomorrow!
Sounds good! I haven't touched the FMazda since round one, so I'll have to get some running in later tonight :P

After running some practice laps with TCS off and on, I think I may run this race with it on. Is that against the rules? I haven't been using TCS at all lately, but I think this race will go a lot more smoothly for me if I keep it on.

Assists are alright by me, I'd rather folks enjoy the race than us all posture over video game elitism. :lol:
Ok thanks, after running some more I think I'll keep it off though. I didn't really run any practice laps until about an hour ago, i'm getting the hang of it.

I always heard people complaining about how they couldn't stand using TCS in games. I never really understood that until recently. The car feels lagging on turns, especially when you want to use the throttle to help it turn.

I don't even use it on high powered cars anymore. I'm probably faster with it on in some circumstances, I didn't even try running the rivals competion with TCS on, but it's way more fun with it off.👍

If I get through this race without a spin it will be a bloody miracle.

Can not come to grips with this combo. You get even fractionally off line and there's a puddle just waiting to turn you round.

Can we just get this over with :lol:

Alright, 28 minutes until race start, and 13 before the practice. Roll call!

@Im_Lukas
@GTracer38
@HighSeasHoMastr
@ImaRobot
@Populuxe Cowboy
@prousonhairy
@ClydeYellow
@VXR

The race will be 27 laps long, based on an expected average lap time around 1:40. Reminder: set damage to Cosmetic!

I've done a handful of practice laps, and fully expect Lukas to walk away from me. I'm using his tune (which makes the FM quite controllable in the wet 👍 ), and while he posted that it's close to his record here in the BMW, I'm three seconds off per lap :lol: . I'm still used to running the Wraith here though, so I wouldn't doubt my lines and times will change.

I'm using wide lines to avoid puddles at all costs. They can utterly ruin T6 and T8.

I'm ready.

Hearing you pace makes me feel slightly better @SlipZtrEm as that's roughly where I'm at too. Consistency is going to be the big struggle for me...
I guess we'll see how it goes!

I'm going to sit out practice, should be ready for the race, if that's allowed?

That time just off my BMW was on a fast lap, not an average race lap.

Sounds fine by me Lukas.

Alrighty, practice will start in two minutes, with six laps. Anybody wanting to get in on it should jump in the room quick!

Well, nice race everyone!

Unfortunately Forza did not save the replay for me, so unless anyone else was able to grab it I won't be doing a write-up like I did last round :(

If anyone managed to save it, if you share it I will happily do one. I told it to save and it said replay downloaded, but it lies.

Anyways, congrats @Im_Lukas on the win (again), I was able to hold off @SlipZtrEm for 2nd which I'm happy with. I believe that @ClydeYellow came 4th and @prousonhairy was 5th(?)

I'm sure someone has a final order. Fun race guys, see you at Sonoma next week!

Finished in 4th, what an awful race... I didn't get any practise on Brands Hatch - as a matter of fact, I haven't been playing much Forza in the last month or so - and I raced a good part of the race fighting sleep off, I think it shows.

Anyways, I have just the same problem as you do, @HighSeasHoMastr .

Race 3 Results:
2nd: @HighSeasHoMastr - 15 points
3rd: @SlipZtrEm - 11 points
4th: @ClydeYellow - 8 points
5th: @prousonhairy - 6 points

Current Standings:
1st: @Im_Lukas - 60 points
2nd: @SlipZtrEm - 34 points
3rd: @HighSeasHoMastr - 28 points
4th: @prousonhairy - 17 points
5th: @GTracer38 - 15 points
6th: @ClydeYellow - 14 points
7th: @ImaRobot - 11 points
8th: @Populuxe Cowboy - 11 points
9th: @VXR - 4 points

Looked like a great fight up front for the first half of the race. I used the two of you duking it out as a way for me to make up the lost ground after my horrible first lap. Set a fastest lap right in the middle on lap 14, but couldn't keep consistency on my side, so third for me.

Back