Spec II - Master licences

Those Master S tests are quite easy, compared to the original S10.

I have golded Master S9 et S10 first try, uber easy if like me you had gold on the same Time Trials.
Well I'm on S6 atm, so I'm getting closer to the final exam (S10).

I'm currently on Master S6, taking a mini break from the license section, I heard that taking good breaks and resting well can refresh your mind and you will have a clearer aspect of driving on the track better and faster.
Absolutely. I couldn't achieve gold in the Ferarri on Tokyo (MA-4 I think?), so I forgot about it until I went through the rest of the licenses. Just went back to it yesterday and went gold on my third attempt.

Thanks to those who brought up the double shift technique for MS-10. I'm far from alien, but was able to smash the gold time on my third lap, as well.

Only the miserable MS-5 at Lake Louise remains...

Spent 118.6 miles last night on MLS5, Louise, fiddled the Torque split around and did most of those miles on 40:60. Got within 4/100sec from gold. Tonight I ran a couple laps with the split at default 30:70, slapped it to 50:50, ran off 2-3 laps and got gold in 9.7miles of tries. Perhaps it's as @Marcus Garvey says here, mighta been the torque split change, probably a bit of both. Did another 26.5mot on S6 and got gold on that one. Can't say I'm a fan of that car much but, we got the job done. 4 more to that MP4/4. Sure hope there's no rain on any of them. Normal S10 took me months and a PSVR2.

Gonna have quite the roulette extravaganza the weekend of Thanksgiving. Got 27 tickets in the bank waiting. Will probably have another 9 or more by the time I get there. It's tempting to sink 3mil into that Toyota GR010 and finish off Extra Menu 30.
It was definitely the torque split. Snow is a very slippery surface with little weight transfer meaning there is no benefit from sending more torque to the loaded rear tires because they aren’t getting loaded. Traction is split more evenly front to rear so torque needs to be split more evenly. Accelerating with minimal wheelspin is vital on snow.

I finished IA, and along the way, I realized I had TCS on. I'm 99% sure I turned that off along with other aids, but if anyone is having trouble finding time, make sure that is turned off (unless in the rain of course).

Jerome
I’m working my way through golds with TCS1 like I always drive. It’s not an issue. It requires more fine steering control - TCS factors in steering angle - but that’s a lot easier than fine throttle control on gamepad.

Last edited:
It was definitely the torque split. Snow is a very slippery surface with little weight transfer meaning there is no benefit from sending more torque to the loaded rear tires because they aren’t getting loaded. Traction is split more evenly front to rear so torque needs to be split more evenly. Accelerating with minimal wheelspin is vital on snow.

I’m working my way through golds with TCS1 like I always drive. It’s not an issue. It requires more fine steering control - TCS factors in steering angle - but that’s a lot easier than fine throttle control on gamepad.
Absolutely right, I don't understand why everyone keeps saying TCS is so bad and that TCS is preventing them from achieving gold. Sorry, just my opinion, but if you don't achieve gold WITH TCS, then you're just not driving well/clean enough. In some cases, TCS is actually considerably faster. See the rain tests. I've always ridden quite well in the rain, but with TCS the tests are almost too easy. TCS can be a blessing, especially with hard or even sport/comfort tires.

In Lake Louise with torque at 40/60 or 45/55 and TCS at 1, this test isn't really a problem either. I think with the S licenses it actually took me the longest to gold-plate the Skyline. The others were gold with some only 2-3-4 runs, with the exception of the lake, I'm rather bad on ice/snow.

The bottom line is that I would like to once again clearly stand up for TCS, it could/should work even less on 1 and 2 (see ACC where TCS can be adjusted much more finely) but basically it is really good.

I only deactivate TCS when I really want to get the most optimal time for me at the absolute limit, but then we are talking about increases in the 0.0x maximum 0.1x-0.2x range.

Absolutely. I couldn't achieve gold in the Ferarri on Tokyo (MA-4 I think?), so I forgot about it until I went through the rest of the licenses. Just went back to it yesterday and went gold on my third attempt.

Thanks to those who brought up the double shift technique for MS-10. I'm far from alien, but was able to smash the gold time on my third lap, as well.

Only the miserable MS-5 at Lake Louise remains...
What double shift technique ?

Absolutely right, I don't understand why everyone keeps saying TCS is so bad and that TCS is preventing them from achieving gold. Sorry, just my opinion, but if you don't achieve gold WITH TCS, then you're just not driving well/clean enough. In some cases, TCS is actually considerably faster. See the rain tests. I've always ridden quite well in the rain, but with TCS the tests are almost too easy. TCS can be a blessing, especially with hard or even sport/comfort tires.

In Lake Louise with torque at 40/60 or 45/55 and TCS at 1, this test isn't really a problem either. I think with the S licenses it actually took me the longest to gold-plate the Skyline. The others were gold with some only 2-3-4 runs, with the exception of the lake, I'm rather bad on ice/snow.

The bottom line is that I would like to once again clearly stand up for TCS, it could/should work even less on 1 and 2 (see ACC where TCS can be adjusted much more finely) but basically it is really good.

I only deactivate TCS when I really want to get the most optimal time for me at the absolute limit, but then we are talking about increases in the 0.0x maximum 0.1x-0.2x range.
I attempted to turn off TCS for the snow tests because rally, but then I realized that minimizing wheelspin works better anyway. Minimal drift angle, minimal wheelspin. TCS 1 actually allows too much wheelspin so I’m still modulating anyway.

I have finished master license with all gold. I am using DS4 controller and automatic gear:) but I have passed all the tests. Only final test I had to use Manuel gear because the car wanted short shifting so driving with auto gear impossible for that event to get gold. Manuel gear is a must. Here are my videos maybe someone needs. The videos from S-7-8-9-10 the most hard tests. Thanks for support.

NOTE: I am not trying to say I am the best, just wanted to share and trying to empower people to get gold.

S-7

S-8

S-9

S-10

vcx
I have finished master license with all gold. I am using DS4 controller and automatic gear:) but I have passed all the tests. Only final test I had to use Manuel gear because the car wanted short shifting so driving with auto gear impossible for that event to get gold. Manuel gear is a must. Here are my videos maybe someone needs. The videos from S-7-8-9-10 the most hard tests. Thanks for support.

NOTE: I am not trying to say I am the best, just wanted to share and trying to empower people to get gold.

S-7

S-8

S-9

S-10

well done..congratulations! ifinished everything today :) for master s10 i used ds4, automatic (yes, its possible :)) and tcs1..but took me about 500km

Jump to 10:49 in the video cause the first 10 minutes I was taking photos, I really need some help in this one, the car slides a lot when I try to do the second mini-turn which affects how I perform in the latter half of the track, my TCS was set at 2 or 3.

Jump to 10:49 in the video cause the first 10 minutes I was taking photos, I really need some help in this one, the car slides a lot when I try to do the second mini-turn which affects how I perform in the latter half of the track, my TCS was set at 2 or 3.

Would recommend turning the demo ghost on to see what line it takes through the first corner. You don't really need to brake for it at all, just a small lift.

Maybe this can help, he goes through every single test:

Last edited:
Spent some time doing the IB and IA yesterday.

Done the first super too before switching off so just 9 more left to go.

Took a while to get used to both the Corvettes from IA 1 & 2.

I found the snow ones too easy.

IA 4 - Merc at Nurburg was also way too easy.

IA 5 - The Skyline at Mount Panorama was really frustrating 😂

The rest not so bad until IA 10 😡 that damn Porsche and the mini carousel, I kept hitting the apex late and getting some air into the outer wall.

@D_Dragline I know our TT times have been similar and a lot of the licenses have been too, but seriously.... 🤣
18c1040d3e454-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435453585290026_1700990567539.jpg

I don't care too much about how lenient some of the times on these are, but I'm disappointed that the demo ghost does such a bad job on some of them. I wish you could download the top 10 ghosts instead because some of those times are insane and there are a lot of challenges where the demo doesn't use nearly enough of the track. Pretty much all of the "racing line" challenges that are esses are really bad examples and I was shocked last night when I tried S-9 and the ghost doesn't appear to use overtake at all and just totally beefs it on turn one.

IMG_0234.jpeg

Can you even see the demo ghost in my rearview?

IMG_0235.jpeg

Really sad.

18c352591df47-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

So... This happened.

Thank you guys for sharing the double upshift tip! The boost was comically insane. Did this with TC1 and ABS default. I set the best ghost to 0.400 in front of me and still able to pass it in the final straight lmao

Literally throttle control is also the key here. Maybe playing Dirt Rally for awhile gave me a habit of playing with throttle? Idk

I managed to finally get Master S10 gold yesterday. I had very little issues with any other tests. Even S5 went well so I was confident....until I wasn't....Boy did I have issues with this test. Hundreds of tries just being stubborn. Using at and a controller. Traction control on 1 and abs only assists but did use brake balancing. I feel I just never got the final chicane down as I was probably a second ahead of the ghost at least a dozen times coming to that chicane and just flubbed it up. Had 3 very close calls under a few hundredths but beat it by a tenth when I finally got it.

I managed to finally get Master S10 gold yesterday. I had very little issues with any other tests. Even S5 went well so I was confident....until I wasn't....Boy did I have issues with this test. Hundreds of tries just being stubborn. Using at and a controller. Traction control on 1 and abs only assists but did use brake balancing. I feel I just never got the final chicane down as I was probably a second ahead of the ghost at least a dozen times coming to that chicane and just flubbed it up. Had 3 very close calls under a few hundredths but beat it by a tenth when I finally got it.
This test, while very hard, is still fun to retry for me. I hate the one at Spa with the CLK GTR. It's equivalent of being killed countless of times by a ridiculous boss in Bloodborne lol

This test, while very hard, is still fun to retry for me. I hate the one at Spa with the CLK GTR. It's equivalent of being killed countless of times by a ridiculous boss in Bloodborne lol
For whatever reason I always been pretty good at Spa and it's probably in my top 3 favorite tracks. I can see why it would be a tough one though. Also like the car used in the Spa trial a lot. Formula 1 has also been my weak point which didnt help me in Master S 10. The last time I struggled that much was probably the Senna dlc from gt6. To be fair I never went beyond gold on the Hamilton challenges and those were pretty hard too.

For whatever reason I always been pretty good at Spa and it's probably in my top 3 favorite tracks. I can see why it would be a tough one though. Also like the car used in the Spa trial a lot. Formula 1 has also been my weak point which didnt help me in Master S 10. The last time I struggled that much was probably the Senna dlc from gt6. To be fair I never went beyond gold on the Hamilton challenges and those were pretty hard too.
I like Spa and I like the car too (more than the F1 actually), I don't know why it just feels weird in the test.

Finally golded S5 yesterday, overall i did propably more than 300km on this p.o.s. track. Sadly that's it again with singleplayer content/challenges for now.

I love Spa and I love the GT1 cars. That is probably my favorite combination in any game that includes them. So I enjoyed the CLK-LM at Spa and didn't particularly have any trouble with it.

I'm here to find out how things are going for you with the ghost.....
I set it with an advance of 0.3 or 0.4 seconds, but after 3 tries, it starts at my height and is of no use to me.....I prefer to have it in front....
and even when I quit and come back to the game, it starts again after 3 or 4 tries.....
are you in the same situation or not?
it's annoying, we can have hares to give us the right rhythm, but in fact, because of a malfunction, we can't see them.....😡😡

I've opened a thread on this subject....

Please let me know what's going on for you and how you've solved the problem....

I'm here to find out how things are going for you with the ghost.....
I set it with an advance of 0.3 or 0.4 seconds, but after 3 tries, it starts at my height and is of no use to me.....I prefer to have it in front....
and even when I quit and come back to the game, it starts again after 3 or 4 tries.....
are you in the same situation or not?
it's annoying, we can have hares to give us the right rhythm, but in fact, because of a malfunction, we can't see them.....😡😡

I've opened a thread on this subject....

Please let me know what's going on for you and how you've solved the problem....
Yep I have the same problem, just have to exit each time to get it to reset

Yep I have the same problem, just have to exit each time to get it to reset
The ghost will disappear for a second after a few restarts, it happens in sport TT as well be resetting the ghost at the sectors solves it. But if you are catching the ghost in a sector increase the offset to start with.

Also just asking the stupid question but make sure it's the demo ghost and not your own ghost.

In the short sector licences I'd imagine a lot of us can catch or overtake the ghost on some of them. On the full lap ones even catching the ghost have it reset to sectors.

Personally on the full lap ones I focus on where I can overtake the ghost I can't even catch them on some and others I can do them by the first sector. At this point I don't think the ghost will help me beyond that if I'm going quicker already.

The ghost will disappear for a second after a few restarts, it happens in sport TT as well be resetting the ghost at the sectors solves it. But if you are catching the ghost in a sector increase the offset to start with.

Also just asking the stupid question but make sure it's the demo ghost and not your own ghost.
I don't tend to use my own ghost unless I beat the time and want to improve more.

I always have any ghost that I use set at 0.4 sec ahead with reset at sectors on.

The TTs don't have any ghost issues for me but the license tests always do.

After 3-4 retries of a test the ghost dissappears after 2 seconds into the test.

If I don't exit the test, after a few more retries it starts inline with my car (so at 0.0sec), and stays that way until I completely exit that test and re-enter.

I have tried to change the settings whilst on track, whilst off track and by using my assigned button to hide and show the ghost, but the only way to get the ghost to reset back to 0.4sec ahead is to exit the test and re-enter.

I don't tend to use my own ghost unless I beat the time and want to improve more.

I always have any ghost that I use set at 0.4 sec ahead with reset at sectors on.

The TTs don't have any ghost issues for me but the license tests always do.

After 3-4 retries of a test the ghost dissappears after 2 seconds into the test.

If I don't exit the test, after a few more retries it starts inline with my car (so at 0.0sec), and stays that way until I completely exit that test and re-enter.

I have tried to change the settings whilst on track, whilst off track and by using my assigned button to hide and show the ghost, but the only way to get the ghost to reset back to 0.4sec ahead is to exit the test and re-enter.
Eeek ok that is not what I have had. That sounds like a bug.

Is this for multiple sector tests or just single sector tests?

Eeek ok that is not what I have had. That sounds like a bug.

Is this for multiple sector tests or just single sector tests?
Happens on all licenses.

It has just happened on the Deep Forest TT today, set at 0.4sec ahead again and after a retry or two the ghost glitched to be inline with me again, although after one whole lap with it like this it then went straight back to 0.4sec.

Beat A-10 with a time of 0'48.332, if you want to check it out, here is the video. Watch how I handled every corner with the AMG.

Hello Guys! Got my gt7 two weeks ago and slowly started chasing gold in all licenses without any additional electronics, using just the dualsense controller, because a proper racing wheel is too expensive for me. Keep in mind that my only previous gran turismo experience goes all the way back to gt1 and gt2. But after ps1 never played more gran turismo! only some f1 pc games, and now here I am, trying gt7! I got all gold licenses without any electronics. In the almighty semi-wet-spa-nightmare with the Porsch, I just turned abs on, on preset. Nothing else. After sooo many tries I finally got it. And then went on to try master licenses, keeping only abs on preset and asm on. Lake Louise with the 205.. initially I thought that it would be a nightmare, but after 1 hour I got the gold. Never tweaked anything in car's settings. The only trick that worked for me, was that in the slow middle part of the lap, I tried to keep clean lines, in addition to the rest part of the track where drifting and maintaining speed is key. Try to keep the car as clean and as straight as possible into the slow corners before the back straight. After that it was a charm.
And finally, I got to the mp4 suzuka challenge. Oh my god I feel exhausted. Everything off, only ABS in preset mode and asm on. And because all the other golds were taken with automatic transmission, I tried manual transmission here because the wheelspin in 1-2 gear was so damn much! After 3-4 hours and maybe 400km of trying, I got a 1.43.6. Feeling so high right now, like Schumacher..!! Hahaha
P.S. Keep in mind that in the Shelby challenge I am in 2.60% and in the fuji challenge I am 2.76%, with the same settings, in auto transmission. Feeling proud of myself!! 😅😎

Last edited:
Back