Special Stage 11 in Gran turismo 6?

• Thread starter luffe98
  • 120 comments
I have had a thought...

DLC is cross compatible with GT5 and GT6 meaning, the DLC courses are only in GT6 if you buy the DLC but, if you own it for GT5, it's unlocked.
I wouldn't buy it a second time. I'd be mad as hell! :ouch:

On one end, SSR11 obviously needs massive graphical upgrades, as it last appeared in GT3. On the other end, I hope they don't completely change the atmosphere of the place. They did it with High Speed Ring, and while it looks nice, it barely feels like the same track anymore. The "classic" element is completely gone (for me at least).

👍👍👍 completely agree some tracks just need to be brought to modern standards while still preserving that nostalgic feel

I have had a thought...

DLC is cross compatible with GT5 and GT6 meaning, the DLC courses are only in GT6 if you buy the DLC but, if you own it for GT5, it's unlocked.

LBP2 did this , that would actually make so much sense with the exception of the speed test feature !

Though it's not a statement of matter fact, the portion where SSR11 and other tracks show up in the video at 0:26 is followed by "3 Billion Online Races", "45 Billion Online Miles" assumes they are referring to new online races that occur in GT6, hopefully we will get a better confirmation by E3 or TGS.
I would think that has nothing to do with GT 6 and is much more likely referring to online activity in GT5 since its release

I would absolutely love it if gt6 included seattle circuit ...

I would also really like to see this tack back in the game, I started with GT4 so some of the others I do not know about.

I've seen this image around the web for a while, you can take conclussions out of this, but remember, this might not be true
ssr16.png

In the first curve (the tunnel) of the SSR5, there is an exit to the SSR7.

I've seen this image around the web for a while, you can take conclussions out of this, but remember, this might not be true
ssr16.png

Yes! I hope this combined circuit is used in the game. That would be a great 15 anniversary gift. SSR 5 and 11 as well as possibly 7 combined into a supermassive Nurburgring-like course sounds positively epic.

I have had a thought...

That would be cool but I think it should be more than just owning GT5. I think if you bought all the DLC from GT5 there should be some free DLC for GT6. it would be cool but I don't expect it. Frankly I hardly expect DLC. They said monthly, no way in hell. They'll never release it that often. We'll be lucky to get it every other month. Look what happened with GT5s DLC. They planned on a lot and gave us barely anything

ssr16.png

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Many of us have been calling for a combined version of the SSRs for a while (I know I first wrote about it sometime in 2011), but this is by far the best blueprint for said track I've ever seen.

That would be cool but I think it should be more than just owning GT5. I think if you bought all the DLC from GT5 there should be some free DLC for GT6. it would be cool but I don't expect it. Frankly I hardly expect DLC. They said monthly, no way in hell. They'll never release it that often. We'll be lucky to get it every other month. Look what happened with GT5s DLC. They planned on a lot and gave us barely anything

Likely because they were saving it fo GT6.

I have had a thought...

That is actually one possibility that's not that unlikely. Since the tracks in GT5 are actually downloaded with updates by everyone, and what you download from the PSN-store is just something like a key to unlock it, technically you could certainly use the same thing to unlock the same tracks in GT6.

In that case, the number of new locations in GT6 would not just be a meager 3, but actually 7 like they announced. Additionally, some people that bought the DLC for GT5 would not feel cheated as much.

I still think the DLC will be included in GT6 and the numbers they mentioned were referring to GT5 vs GT6 on release day, but above scenario could well be the case.

The track shown here is the same layout as the GT3 version. It doesn't match the GT1 version at all:

d3sol10.jpg

Don't care, still beats SSR5...

Anyways, it would be legen - wait for it while I check my fonts for my next words... - dary to have SSR11 in GT6, but do you remember "Plam Strip" and "Eiger Path" on the GT2 trailer? That's a lesson that I've learned - trailers aren't the best place to look for info. And PD says that they will "fulfill the deadline", a thing that (supposedly) happened with GT2 as well.

I'm pessimistic. Yes. I am. But I just hope I'm wrong.

Guys, probably most of you watched the trailer closely, but I want to conclude something - every track that is shown on this grid map in the trailer is from GT5 and no track from other games, except the one that looks like SSR11 Millenium/'00. So I think that it is most probable that GT6 WILL have this track as well!

I cant help but feel that GT6 will contain plenty of throw back material. And the old school stuff will be wonderfully updated and fresh. I would love to see some of the Race Mod changes come back. But I've wanted SSR11 since it went away after GT2.
I can only imagine how epic that track would look and drive in GT6, and one day on the PS4.

I cant help but feel that GT6 will contain plenty of throw back material. And the old school stuff will be wonderfully updated and fresh. I would love to see some of the Race Mod changes come back. But I've wanted SSR11 since it went away after GT2.
I can only imagine how epic that track would look and drive in GT6, and one day on the PS4.

You mean GT3 I know they are different, but just saying it was there in GT3. I hope so I actually want the unmodded SSR5 back just for classic feel sake. Same for Rome as well.

It would be oddly interesting to race on 'legacy' tracks from PS1 and PS2 era that have not been revamped. Maybe it could be an easter egg or something, like a similar one in MGS4:

I think standard cars would not have been such an issue if they had been more of an easter egg rather than a full-on gameplay element.

Also, I want to hear this at some point in the game:

Wouldn't it be cool if you earned some arbitrary amount of XP with a Mazda, it unlocked a number of special events, which, when accessed automatically play this song in that special event menu. Then, when you complete the events you unlock special cars or special versions of cars. I would *kill* for a remake of the Gran Turismo 1 RX-7 LM car.

If it was my game to develop, I would include all sorts of little easter eggs like that.

GT is at the point now that it has such an enormous fan base that it surely rivals things like Star Wars. As such, there is almost a popular lore. Who doesn't remember the Toyota Supra GT or Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak edition? PD should capitalize on this, well, canon really, and give us some nostalgic Easter eggs. I feel nostalgic just listening to GT-1 music. Brings me back to when I was nine years old. More than half of my life has contained Gran Turismo, and that's pretty significant.

They could go the full monty and have a GT1 mode or something, where everything actually runs the GT1 engine (like in MGS4) with a race of cars that they have the licence to do so. Would be a nifty way of showing how far the series has come.

They could go the full monty and have a GT1 mode or something, where everything actually runs the GT1 engine (like in MGS4) with a race of cars that they have the licence to do so. Would be a nifty way of showing how far the series has come.
I like that idea a lot. That would, as you said, really show the amount of progress the series has made, good idea. 👍

Yes to the comments above me. I would love some type of retro mode in a GT game.

Oh god, I'm already imagining the classic tracks with updated looks to them. It's also clear that PD didn't forget about these tracks either since a few of them were found in hidden files on GTPSP. So, there could be a good chance of seeing some of them again.

-> I'd rather be pessimistic on this one (and weep in tears in the process). PD likes to tease like the hottest girl at a stripclub, teasing you that she will remove that trench coat of hers. You see it but you'll never get it.

-> As an advocate on PD's >missing< tracks, as much it's painful for me to say this...DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP!!! Always expect the worst of the worst!!!

:indiff:

-> I'd rather be pessimistic on this one (and weep in tears in the process). PD likes to tease like the hottest girl at a stripclub, teasing you that she will remove that trench coat of hers. You see it but you'll never get it.

-> As an advocate on PD's >missing< tracks, as much it's painful for me to say this...DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP!!! Always expect the worst of the worst!!!

:indiff:

In that case I'll expect gt6 to be silverstone with a nissan leaf and that's it. Oh and the leaf will be a standard car.

Back