Special Stage 11 in Gran turismo 6?

• Thread starter luffe98
  • 120 comments
I honestly see Special Stage Route 11 as an off and on again lover. Maybe if there was a legacy collection for Gran Turismo, both the GT1 and GT3 variants would be included. Maybe even fancified to keep the kids happy. I would like to see this track return, but I don't really see it happening, sadly.

It would be oddly interesting to race on 'legacy' tracks from PS1 and PS2 era that have not been revamped. Maybe it could be an easter egg or something, like a similar one in MGS4:

I think standard cars would not have been such an issue if they had been more of an easter egg rather than a full-on gameplay element.

Also, I want to hear this at some point in the game:

Wouldn't it be cool if you earned some arbitrary amount of XP with a Mazda, it unlocked a number of special events, which, when accessed automatically play this song in that special event menu. Then, when you complete the events you unlock special cars or special versions of cars. I would *kill* for a remake of the Gran Turismo 1 RX-7 LM car.

If it was my game to develop, I would include all sorts of little easter eggs like that.

GT is at the point now that it has such an enormous fan base that it surely rivals things like Star Wars. As such, there is almost a popular lore. Who doesn't remember the Toyota Supra GT or Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak edition? PD should capitalize on this, well, canon really, and give us some nostalgic Easter eggs. I feel nostalgic just listening to GT-1 music. Brings me back to when I was nine years old. More than half of my life has contained Gran Turismo, and that's pretty significant.

One of the best comments and ideas I've read recently :gtpflag:

-> I'd rather be pessimistic on this one (and weep in tears in the process). PD likes to tease like the hottest girl at a stripclub, teasing you that she will remove that trench coat of hers. You see it but you'll never get it.

-> As an advocate on PD's >missing< tracks, as much it's painful for me to say this...DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP!!! Always expect the worst of the worst!!!

:indiff:

And, sadly, very sadly, one of the most truthful comments I've read recently :(.

It doesn't have the dangerous chicane. I don't care which version of the track is put in, to be honest. It would be cool to see both layouts included though.

Speaking of which, I MISS the old Rome track.

I would love both versions purely because I never played anything before GT3, but SS11 was one of my favorite circuits.... so more than one version would always be welcome :)

Oh and I love the old Rome track too. The cool thing is both of them can easily be Googlemapped. Both are around the Coliseum neighborhood, so in theory we could have both individual circuits plus some kind of giant Rome circuit that joined them up!

Talking about car dealer music.. iv noticed allot of car commercials have little unique jingles in them that could be used as dealership themes. Chrysler and Toyota come to mind.

I would love both versions purely because I never played anything before GT3, but SS11 was one of my favorite circuits.... so more than one version would always be welcome :)

Oh and I love the old Rome track too. The cool thing is both of them can easily be Googlemapped. Both are around the Coliseum neighborhood, so in theory we could have both individual circuits plus some kind of giant Rome circuit that joined them up!

I like "old rome" more than the new version in GT5.

I like "old rome" more than the new version in GT5.

I think pretty much everyone feels this way. I really don't understand the rationale behind making a new Rome circuit and making it a very bland track full of straights and gentle curves. Basically a complete power circuit.

The old Rome was a great circuit and I really miss it. Played it recently in GT2 and it was a blast. Much more interesting than the new bland layout.

They could go the full monty and have a GT1 mode or something, where everything actually runs the GT1 engine (like in MGS4) with a race of cars that they have the licence to do so. Would be a nifty way of showing how far the series has come.

You My friend are a Genius! This would be a great addition to the game. I would love to have this feature! As would a lot of other GT fans I'd imagine.

GT1 era SSR11 all the way, the GT3 version was a complete puss out taking out the chicane, killed off any challenge and fun.. I also agree that the old Rome track was much cooler than the one that replaced it. Actually any remaining tracks from GT2 would be welcome esp Red Rock Valley and Apricot Hill.

I hope they include the original layout of SSR11, it was my favourite track from GT1

I hope they also put in Complex Sting as well. It's a very technical course that would allow you to really test your car out performance wise.
Complex_string_165x168.gif

GT1 era SSR11 all the way, the GT3 version was a complete puss out taking out the chicane, killed off any challenge and fun.. I also agree that the old Rome track was much cooler than the one that replaced it. Actually any remaining tracks from GT2 would be welcome esp Red Rock Valley and Apricot Hill.

I hope they include the original layout of SSR11, it was my favourite track from GT1

People act like that chicane was the only worth while part of the track . The whole track was great!

I would love the old Tahiti Rally tracks too... This is GT6 though would be amazinnggggg though!
And I could probably find this if I looked around some more, but is it true that Seattle has been confirmed? That was my favorite :3

People act like that chicane was the only worth while part of the track . The whole track was great!

The whole track was great! I personally hated that chicane. When I was a little kid it was the most difficult corner in the world. But now I feel like everyone misses it just for the "challenge" haha.

I'll take SSR11 in any capacity. I want to see as many old original circuits as possible. IMO, one of the most underrated aspects of GT is the original track selection. It's part of the reason I keep coming back to the series and as far as I have found, no other racing game comes close.

I hope they also put in Complex Sting as well. It's a very technical course that would allow you to really test your car out performance wise.
Complex_string_165x168.gif

true, i also would love to see it back. maybe an even bigger version? :)

I never said the whole track wasn't great. It is, that's why it was my favourite, however I would imagine that chicane was the most memorable to people. Until I played GT1 I had never encountered a corner like that in any other racing game and I thought it was original and a hell of a lot of fun to try and get through there faster than the last time.

I know for sure it was one of my favorite tracks. I can hardly remember it though. I just know there were two versions, being GT1's the nicest in my opinion. Hope we have that one. Or hey, maybe we can have both!

If it´s not the GT1 version i will be terribly disappointed. That underpass was awesome.
I suppose the only reason I would rather see the GT3 version of SSR11 is that I played gran turismo 2-6, not 1. If it were up to me, though, I'd have both. Oh, and Complex String...

or better yet, there could be an interesting mix between the two variants, that is, one that has the underpass or the death chicane, not both or neither, while still adding the original versions of the track.

^ Hence I divided the two versions of SSR11: '90's & '00s.

-> And by the way, use the edit button. The mods here are a bit touchy when it becomes to that (and grammar checks). ;)

The lack of city tracks in GT is quite disturbing, I don't know why PD would forget the famous SR11 and replace it with a Wangan Midnight straight-away, SSR5,7,11 combined would make a epic mini-city, Since the PS4 has more space and power, they could make a Full-On Special Stage Route City and probably make it free-roam, GTS probably won't have it due to it focusing on circuit-racing and such.

Back