Speed, and why its important in drifting.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 169 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you'd be adapting your style to suit others their needs, jumping on the bandwagon.

idgif1.gif

You mentioned him first. I couldn't care less how you setup your diffs, never said it was opinionated.. Or incorrect, simply that if you believe 5/60/60 is locked, you are mistaken. This was directed at everyone. Not just you..

This, is a straight up lie. You brought his name into the argument, and you were wrong. I corrected you. Evidence here:

TTCH wrote a drift setup guide for gt5, and within this guide, he states that 5/60/60 is locked/welded.

And you literally said it was opinionated. Evidence below.

Beautiful, Thank you very much for clearing up our confusion. :cheers:
See the above post from @Ridox2JZGTE for an excellent example of a constructive and informative post with factual content. Not opinions.

I made this thread to clear up any confusion.

I thought I made it clear, that I was giving in game data logger clarification, on a subject that I had noticed to be an issue.

What's with the argumentative nature all the time?

If you had forgotten, its you that tends to go round telling people they're wrong.

Because you WERE wrong. And it took TTCH to get himself involved for you to acknowledge it.

Sorry, wait, what?

Make your mind up.

I did. You simply struggle to understand what I'm trying to say. In the first post, I acknowledge that with grippier compounds, you can take more risks. Brake later, in comparison to a less grippy compound.

In the second post I state, that you will not be able to hold the same speeds during a corner, when it comes to going as slow as possible. Which is also true.

Read bold

So is it this?

Or this?

Some people obviously tune for the maximum amount of grip as possible. Maybe you are one of them, maybe you aren't.

Nobody said speed should be the most important thing... Than why are you guys so proud of the amount of grip they use? It's a joke. :/

I will repeat it once again, even if it's an opinion: Drifting doesn't need speed to be attractive. Drifting, has elegance, and enough adrenaline on low speeds.

And it wasn't a silly analogy. Pac got it perfectly.

And incase you missed my earlier request, can I try one of your tunes please. Choose carefully, I'd like to sample a setup that you feel works best with your style. This is a genuine request.

Sorry, no. Why should I help somebody that obviously doesn't care for the way I do my thing? Who keeps judging me, and telling me I'm opinionated, and gets proven wrong time and again?

You like drifting slowly with huge angle.
I respect your choices, you are free to do as you wish. Now please respect other people's choices if they wish to drift slightly differently to yourself.
If you respect these people, you wouldn't be trying to tell us all that speed has no place in drifting, or is it OK if used in moderation? Oh mighty drift Queen, please enlighten me.

I thank you for the respect you have for my choice, but I have to disappoint you, I will never respect somebody on tires grippier than CH, and in cars like Vette's, Camaro's, Vipers, etc etc.

Last edited:
See bold

This, is a straight up lie. You brought his name into the argument, and you were wrong. I corrected you. Evidence here:

Right.

If you'd like to go an look at the sodding thread you are referring to, @Streeto first mentioned @TwinturboCH, in the second post.

And you literally said it was opinionated. Evidence below.

That's not me saying 'the way Gonales sets up her LSD is opinionated', I wouldn't say that, because it's silly.

Because you WERE wrong. And it took TTCH to get himself involved for you to acknowledge it.

Where am I wrong?

I proved my hypothesis. TTCH pointed out that in his opinion, the test would be more accurate with the clutch in use. I've invited him to do this, with no response.

I did. You simply struggle to understand what I'm trying to say. In the first post, I acknowledge that with grippier compounds, you can take more risks. Brake later, in comparison to a less grippy compound.

In the second post I state, that you will not be able to hold the same speeds during a corner, when it comes to going as slow as possible. Which is also true.

Are you dizzy from chasing your tail yet?

Some people obviously tune for the maximum amount of grip as possible. Maybe you are one of them, maybe you aren't.

Nobody said speed should be the most important thing... Than why are you guys so proud of the amount of grip they use? It's a joke. :/

Your the best joke I've come across in a long time.

I will repeat it once again, even if it's an opinion: Drifting doesn't need speed to be attractive. Drifting, has elegance, and enough adrenaline on low speeds.

Keep saying it. Doesnt make it any more than your opinion. But thanks for acknowledging that fact for once.

And it wasn't a silly analogy. Pac got it perfectly.

Ok, so it wasn't completely silly.

Just because you don't understand the guys that wasn't to leave it to the last second doesn't make it unnecessary. Just, not your preference.

Sorry, no. Why should I help somebody that obviously doesn't care for the way I do my thing? Who keeps judging me, and telling me I'm opinionated, and gets proven wrong time and again?

I wasnt asking for help, just looking for a little insight.

I thank you for the respect you have for my choice, but I have to disappoint you, I will never respect somebody on tires grippier than CH, and in cars like Vette's, Camaro's, Vipers, etc etc.

What's your obsession with sticky tyres and grippy cars?

Scratch that, I don't care.

Last edited:

Streeto was asking for information. YOU said, TTCH's information, and thus my information, was wrong. (But you were, ultimately.)

Than what did you mean, because by that post I can only deduce that you consider my post opinionated. Which it wasn't? :/

And no offense, but doing one test, on one track doesn't prove anything.

Streeto was asking for information. YOU said, TTCH's information, and thus my information, was wrong. (But you were, ultimately.)

Than what did you mean, because by that post I can only deduce that you consider my post opinionated. Which it wasn't? :/

whether its on one track or a hundred. evidence in wheel speed is wheel speed and discredits everyone who thinks 5/60/60 is locked. Because it is not locked. It is however a 2 way Limited slip. But it is not locked.

Then prove otherwise you waste of bandwidth! :mad:

Go and read the thread. I have proven that 5/60/60 shows a difference in wheel speed, this proves that its not locked!

If you can show me a test with 60/60/60 showing a difference in wheel speed, you will have proven me wrong. Until then. Enough already.

I've edited my previous post, I hit post by accident.

Go and look at the bloody lsd thread, the only thing I was wrong about, was that I thought I had read somewhere, TTCH stating that 5/60/60 is fully locked.

I was wrong, and admitted it whilst apologising publicly.

You, nor anybody else has proven me wrong about anything else here on GTP...

whether its on one track or a hundred. evidence in wheel speed is wheel speed and discredits everyone who thinks 5/60/60 is locked. Because it is not locked. It is however a 2 way Limited slip. But it is not locked.

And once again, learn to read. Or please stay off the forums.

I NEVER said 5/60/60 is locked. I always said it was a 2 way differential. Want me to link the post where I state this? I will:

This is my FIRST post about differentials. Relaying something TTCH said, and YOU said it was opinionated and not factual.

(P.S.: Both of these diff's will 'lock' under the correct circumstances. ;) )
This is a post I made two pages ago. Like, seriously. :/

Then prove otherwise you waste of bandwidth! :mad:

Go and read the thread. I have proven that 5/60/60 shows a difference in wheel speed, this proves that its not locked!

If you can show me a test with 60/60/60 showing a difference in wheel speed, you will have proven me wrong. Until then. Enough already.

I've edited my previous post, I hit post by accident.

Go and look at the bloody lsd thread, the only thing I was wrong about, was that I thought I had read somewhere, TTCH stating that 5/60/60 is fully locked.

I was wrong, and admitted it whilst apologising publicly.

You, nor anybody else has proven me wrong about anything else here on GTP...

You made 1 post, with 1 picture, of 1 car on 1 track. That is NOT research. Otherwise I could take a look at my dog, be like: MY dog is brown, hence: all dogs are brown.

You haven't proven ANYthing by your post.

Besides that point, GT6 shows your kmh correctly while drifting. This wouldn't happen irl, due to wheelspin. This could also affect your readings.

And once again, LEARN to ****ING read. Or please stay off the forums.

You made 1 post, with 1 picture, of 1 car on 1 track. That is NOT research. Otherwise I could take a look at my dog, be like: MY dog is brown, hence: all dogs are brown.

You haven't proven ANYthing by your post.

Besides that point, GT6 shows your kmh correctly while drifting. This wouldn't happen irl, due to wheelspin. This could also affect your readings.

I did my research, then posted my results.

How many times must I invite you to disprove my findings?

Don't start patronising me, have you used the data logger? You get overall speed, and individual wheel speed... Hence the test.

I feel like I'm talking to a complete idiot sometimes.

Many other people agree that I have disproven a myth, and finally given In game conclusive evidence of the fact that 60/60/60 is fully locked, and 5/60/60 isn't.

Why is it so hard to wrap your head around this?

You can't just keep telling me I've not proved anything, and expect me to concede.

Prove otherwise if you care so much.

Edit

And this is rich, considering your first criticism was the fact I'd had the audacity to try a whole lap of Tsukuba rather than focusing on one corner....

Edit 2

Your own quote you edited in to that last post... Want me to requote where you advised someone to lock their diff with 5/60/60, and requote where you conceded that I was right about the lsd? (last page, 4th post down, and 6th post down)

Do you have a short term memory issue?

Last edited:
I did my research, then posted my results.

How many times must I invite you to disprove my findings?

I'm not going to spend time doing something there is no point in doing. Your test results are shoddy and inconclusive. I'm not gonna spend time to figure out exactly what is what, because I don't care, really. I drift fine, with my differential.

Don't start patronising me, have you used the data logger? You get overall speed, and individual wheel speed... Hence the test.
I feel like I'm talking to a complete idiot sometimes.

You don't happen to be talking to a mirror, right? -.-

Many other people agree that I have disproven a myth, and finally given In game conclusive evidence of the fact that 60/60/60 is fully locked, and 5/60/60 isn't.

So, because many other people agree, it has to be right? Religion, much?

Why is it so hard to wrap your head around this?

You can't just keep telling me I've not proved anything, and expect me to concede.

Prove otherwise if you care so much.

Religion, again. Oh, if you don't believe in God, you have to prove he doesn't exist! I'm not gonna spend time on that. Bring up a DECENT test, and we will talk again.

Edit
And this is rich, considering your first criticism was the fact I'd had the audacity to try a whole lap of Tsukuba rather than focusing on one corner....

Focus on one corner. Do it with 5 different cars, and each car with different differential setups. Make notes of the weight of the cars, and suspension.

Edit 2
Your own quote you edited in to that last post... Want me to requote where you advised someone to lock their diff with 5/60/60, and requote where you conceded that I was right about the lsd? (last page, 4th post down, and 6th post down)

Do you have a short term memory issue?

I said multiple times, since this topic came up that 5/60/60 is a 2-way differential. To be faster, I used the term locked for it, which was incorrect. I apologised for it, but I used that term because you keep bringing it up, time and again.

Let somebody do something a hundred times, it will go wrong at least once. Doesn't mean the person doesn't know what she is doing, just means she made a simple mistake.

So, no I don't have a STM issue, you are just grasping at straws to prove me wrong, or discredit me. Don't be that pathetic, please.

I'm grasping as straws?

I don't have to try and make your look pathetic, you do that quite well without my help.

People can draw their own conclusions from this. The evidence is all there in this thread.

@FussyFez @Gonales
Just leave it seriously...
You's aren't gaining anything positive from whatever this debate/discussion/argument is.

People like angle>speed
People like speed>angle
The rest like both together.

Find a group that suits your style and stick with them.

In your own time practice by yourself so when you're in a lobby and everyone's using faster cars or cm's you're able to adjust your style slightly and keep up with them.

I've got no problems keeping up with ZR1's, Viper's etc running cm's whilst I'm in a Z33 on ch's with just over half their horsepower. It mostly comes down to the driver and how confident they are with their abilities.

Also since you's can't stop going on about it, 60/60/60 is locked, even I've tested it on multiple tracks with multiple cars.

@FussyFez @Gonales
Just leave it seriously...
You's aren't gaining anything positive from whatever this debate/discussion/argument is.

People like angle>speed
People like speed>angle
The rest like both together.

Find a group that suits your style and stick with them.

In your own time practice by yourself so when you're in a lobby and everyone's using faster cars or cm's you're able to adjust your style slightly and keep up with them.

I've got no problems keeping up with ZR1's, Viper's etc running cm's whilst I'm in a Z33 on ch's with just over half their horsepower. It mostly comes down to the driver and how confident they are with their abilities.

Also since you's can't stop going on about it, 60/60/60 is locked, even I've tested it on multiple tracks with multiple cars.
I agree whole heartedly.

It's just a shame everyone can't just let other people drift how they want, without having to tell them they're wrong. Well, most people can.

I agree whole heartedly.

It's just a shame everyone can't just let other people drift how they want, without having to tell them they're wrong. Well, most people can.

It's just a shame you can't stop, trying to have a stab at me, period? :/

You are the one who keeps on going about how your almighty is right, but in the end. Technically no one is right. So let people do things how they please and quit trying to push your OPINIONS on everybody else. Also with the tools given in the game you can not discredit them until you have done the research yourself. So your input is invalid because you have not performed the research your self to say otherwise. Contrary to your belief your OPINIONS are not fact.

SO in the end this has gone on way too far. My point is Speed is not correlated with grip.

I told you your attitude makes me sick.

Learn something from the fact that im only the latest person to voice an issue with your behaviour.

You state in your blurb on zen garage that your aim is to 'support beginners entering the community in the right way.', your repetetive responses of 'you're wrong' is not what I would consider to be 'the right way' of supporting newcomers to the sport.

I do my best to provide helpful resources for people, and all I see from you is... Well.. You know what.

Sorry for the double post, but I think @Gonales should be allowed a final response, then I'll kindly ask a mod to lock this up.

And please, if any mods think my behaviour has been unacceptable, could they leave a comment saying so. Just to keep things fair to all parties, as it seems @Gonales feels I have been attacking her.

I told you your attitude makes me sick.

Learn something from the fact that im only the latest person to voice an issue with your behaviour.

You state in your blurb on zen garage that your aim is to 'support beginners entering the community in the right way.', your repetetive responses of 'you're wrong' is not what I would consider to be 'the right way' of supporting newcomers to the sport.

I do my best to provide helpful resources for people, and all I see from you is... Well.. You know what.

And here I was, thinking you were a person who thinks he knows everything. And as such, not a newcomer.

Newcomes, will ALWAYS get my same response. Drift a low to average powered car with an FR layout on a locked OR 2 way differential. I helped someone with their tune which you responded too.

It's not the newcomers I have issues with, it's the guys that dabble around, and because they have a car in real life they think they know exactly what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back