Speedster's Gallery // July-October

Number nine is all kinds of cool, Adam. I'm digging the sharp front end with the slight motion blur of the back. 👍

12's my favourite picture. 11 & 9 also very good. Cadwell certainly appears to be a very picturesque venue.

Thanks, it certainly is. You need to get yourself there!

#5 looks stunning, you do amazing work, 👍 :drool:.

Thanks man!

Nice pix once again Adam 👍

#12 is especially good ;)

It's thankfully similar for me. Cadwell, Oulton, Donington, Mallory, Rockingham and Silverstone are all within a couple of hours away for me. Snetterton and Anglesea are maybe 3 and a bit hours. Brands Hatch a little further still. Thruxton, Castle Combe, Lyden Hill, Knockhill and Goodwood are all 4+ hours.

Thanks mate. Yeah, if I lived just outside of Lincolnshire (let's face it Lincolnshire's roads are horrible) then I'd be ideally located for visiting most motorsport venues.

But we're definitely lucky!

Cadwell is, definitely, a much more enjoyable track -photographically speaking- than Snetterton. #10 of the last set is stupidly bad ass. SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOO MUCH SPEED.

Also, screw you ALL for having great tracks and racing action near you.

Thanks, glad that this set is better for you! It's a more enjoyable track to shoot at than any other I've visited and I always think it will be.

Also you need to come over to Europe! We have all the decent tracks. :)

3, 5 and 10 all the way! :) What kind of lens do you use for your shots?

Thanks! I use a 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8 and 18-55 (kit lens) so as you can see some pretty basic equipment really. But it does me for the time being!

TB
Number nine is all kinds of cool, Adam. I'm digging the sharp front end with the slight motion blur of the back. 👍

Thanks man! It's an angle I particularly love at Cadwell Park at the moment. :)

So I was at ILMC last weekend at Silverstone. Quite enjoyed the event, but feeling like I was bit a conservative compared to my usual self, not sure if thats Silverstone or just feeling uninspired!!

Full set here, although I haven't had time to sort through all the shots on my computer so more may be added from ILMC & CER.

Anyway, feel free to C&C.

C&C welcome as per normal.

Speedster502

Brilliant photos top work

WoW.... I think conservative suits you well... :lol: Very nice set.. #2 and #11 are wallpaper material for sure! 👍

Your panning looks absolutely awesome. I like your work. The second and third shots look best here. But I also like these

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6141548486/in/set-72157627655882884

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6150595133/in/set-72157627655882884

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6151152956/in/set-72157627655882884

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6150604015/in/set-72157627655882884/ (if that car was on GT5, I'd be wondering if it was GT or real. :confused: :P

Your work is great. I especially like the panning. 👍 :drool: 👍

Brilliant photos top work

Cheers!

WoW.... I think conservative suits you well... :lol: Very nice set.. #2 and #11 are wallpaper material for sure! 👍

Haha, well perhaps they're conservative in my books anyway! I'm sure I could have been a bit more adventurous.

Nice to see you here Adam, love your panning.

Cheers m8

Hey mate! Didn't realise you were on GTPlanet, nice to see you around here!

Your panning looks absolutely awesome. I like your work. The second and third shots look best here. But I also like these

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6141548486/in/set-72157627655882884

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6150595133/in/set-72157627655882884

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6151152956/in/set-72157627655882884

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/6150604015/in/set-72157627655882884/ (if that car was on GT5, I'd be wondering if it was GT or real. :confused: :P

Your work is great. I especially like the panning. 👍 :drool: 👍

Cheers man! Appreciate that you took the time to check out the set on Flickr and I see what you mean about the Audi R18 shot that looks a bit like GT5. I must admit I never made the connection, I just thought it looks quite cool! Thanks for dropping by!

Well, I realise I didn't even put up British GT's set from Donington...so I'll skip it completely (although here's a link).

More importantly, I was at the BritCar 24H last weekend. I'm still tired, so I won't go on. But here's some photos (more here including normal-ish shots)

Number 6 and 7 :drool: I like number 7 a lot! Great tones and nice composition. 👍

Liking the mixture of styles there Adam 👍

Were Britcar using both sets of pits?

Number 6 and 7 :drool: I like number 7 a lot! Great tones and nice composition. 👍

Cheers man!

Liking the mixture of styles there Adam 👍

Were Britcar using both sets of pits?

Thanks mate, I wanted to appeal to both audiences - the ones who like race-y shots and those who like my slow shutter stuff. I think I managed to cover both bases.

And nope, BritCar were using the old pits. As much as I love the Wing I hope Britcar never changes to use it...

Good work on the Britcar shots.. :D

I started going through mine earlier, about 700-odd, none of which are captured quite as well as the ones you've posted! but my hosting is still f'd so I can't upload anything anyway.

BTW, did you visit the pub in Silverstone Village after the race...? I did, and would recommend it. James Tucker was in there, and I have to say, he's a bloody nice bloke.

Good work on the Britcar shots.. :D

I started going through mine earlier, about 700-odd, none of which are captured quite as well as the ones you've posted! but my hosting is still f'd so I can't upload anything anyway.

BTW, did you visit the pub in Silverstone Village after the race...? I did, and would recommend it. James Tucker was in there, and I have to say, he's a bloody nice bloke.

Thanks mate.

And no I didn't, after the race I was pretty keen to get home (after being there since Friday and had college on the Monday morning). I've talked to James Tucker before though (both at Snett and briefly at the 24H) and he seems a nice bloke and has big ambitions for the series. Just hopefully he can pull it all together - if what he says turns out to be true it'll be a superb racing series that the UK can be really proud of.

Oh man, I haven't updated this in ages.

I'll do an update of a mixture of stuff from the past few months that you may not have seen. Also I've recently upgraded gear (yes finally!), I've gone from a 350D to a 60D so I've been to a few events just to get used to the new equipment. So far I'm pleased, and I'm looking forward to using it next year 'properly'.

British GT - Donington Park

750MC - Cadwell Park

Track Day - Cadwell Park

Track Day - Cadwell Park

Auto 66 Club - Cadwell Park

Auto 66 Club - Cadwell Park

Charity Race Experience - Snetterton

Charity Race Experience - Snetterton

Studio

Studio

So hopefully you can see I've been relatively busy...but I hope you enjoy the shots. I always welcome C&C as per usual and appreciate any other comments you guys have!

As per usual more on Flickr, link is in my signature.

Thanks!

No. 1, 2 and 10 especially are my favorites of this set. Shot number 10 is really great... Do you happen to have a wallpaper version of that one? Composition is great imo and the clarity and focus is spot on! 👍

Yellow motorcycle is yellow. That be my fave. The one with the red Catterham is also cool because of the odd but well-achieved composition. I like the vibrant colors too. Nice postpro.

Caterham shot is great, and the open-wheeler behind the trees - it's not my favourite, but, that must be a hard shot to get right!! 👍

Good shots, the studio work is intriguing also :)

No. 1, 2 and 10 especially are my favorites of this set. Shot number 10 is really great... Do you happen to have a wallpaper version of that one? Composition is great imo and the clarity and focus is spot on! 👍

Cheers, send me a PM and I might be able to sort something out. :)

Yellow motorcycle is yellow. That be my fave. The one with the red Caterham is also cool because of the odd but well-achieved composition. I like the vibrant colors too. Nice postpro.

Yellow motorcycle was very yellow! The Caterham shot was something I've been meaning to try for ages but not had the chance due to this particular spot being overly crowded all of the time. Really appreciate the comments though.

Caterham shot is great, and the open-wheeler behind the trees - it's not my favourite, but, that must be a hard shot to get right!! 👍

Good shots, the studio work is intriguing also :)

Thanks! The Formula Ford was not easy, in fact any small moving vehicle behind trees isn't easy, perhaps not the best shot ever and I understand it's a bit love/hate for some but I've always taken a particular shining to that style of image.

I've also got some love/hate for the studio work too, it's difficult to get right though.

Just a few more shots from the past week or so.

I recently attended the Plum Pudding Meeting at Mallory Park and was pleasantly surprised how many people were in attendance - shame there weren't more competitors but it was fun anyway. I took a few shots but just took it more as a bit of time off and to enjoy motorsport - and actually watch a race for once...

Full Set of Mallory Park - Here.

Now a couple of shots in studio again, would be great to get some comments on these.

And that's it for now! Hope you all have a happy new year! C&C is welcome as per usual.

Lovely Adam as usual, as for the studio shots I really like the first, excellent crop and lighting plus the reflections are gorgeous. The second one isn't doing it for me though, just not enough exposure.

1, 3 and 6 are great from this set. Very clean shots 👍 On a side note I think you were on BF3 with us a couple days ago with Tommi, if im not mistaken. Add me if you like I'm on BF3 quite often :D

Lovely Adam as usual, as for the studio shots I really like the first, excellent crop and lighting plus the reflections are gorgeous. The second one isn't doing it for me though, just not enough exposure.

Thanks man, the studio stuff is a bit hit and miss if I'm honest - some people seem to like it others don't. But I appreciate the comments. 👍

1, 3 and 6 are great from this set. Very clean shots 👍 On a side note I think you were on BF3 with us a couple days ago with Tommi, if im not mistaken. Add me if you like I'm on BF3 quite often :D

Cheers man. Aha yes, I got BF3 for Christmas so have been playing it a fair bit since. I'm not great at it but I'll certainly add you on the PS3 when I next go online. :)

Some shots from the highly un-photogenic NEC. I was only there on the Saturday so had to cope with the crowds and the awful lighting/barriers etc. Gave up completely in the Live Show as I couldn't see a thing between the giant concrete pillar just to the right of me and the huge fence in front. Doesn't help that I have no external flash unit either - but I can't blame the equipment!

Safe to say I prefer moving vehicles. ;)

Full Set

C&C is welcome.

Nice shots again Adam 👍

Like you say, difficult to get a clean image in that kind of environment. Colours have come out really rich though.

Good work, you might prefer moving vehicles but it's good that you still have the technique to take a good photo without being able to rely on panning and movement to make it eye catching.

Nice shots again Adam 👍

Like you say, difficult to get a clean image in that kind of environment. Colours have come out really rich though.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Will you be at the HSCC Wolds Trophy this year?

Good work, you might prefer moving vehicles but it's good that you still have the technique to take a good photo without being able to rely on panning and movement to make it eye catching.

Thanks Matski!

Whilst the motorsport off-season continues I've been playing around with my model...

Car unfortunately. Thought you guys might like to take a look.

C&C is welcome as per usual.

:cheers:

Nice to see that set was well received...

Moving on, first couple of shots are from a fantastic BritCar opening round (loads more here) and from #6 onwards are all spectator side for the Caterham Raceday where I mainly felt ill all day! Managed to find some interesting shots though, I think.

http://lendurance.co.uk/photos/

Hope you like them, C&C is always welcome. :)

Cheers.

I really like 3, 4 en 5. 👍 The light fall and composition in those is just amazing... What time of day were those shot at?

Hey mate, let the studio shots coming. I really like them 👍

As for comments, you know we are all too lazy to log in to give a tumps up ;)

Back