Spider-ManPS4 

• Thread starter Carbon_6
  • 53 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Confirmed for release September 7th 2018.

E3 2016 was when the game was first shown to the world. I think a few more months of waiting won't hurt anyone. ;)

Special editions consist of:

26346382397_2817be389a_b.jpg

39409295180_09dbb01415_b.jpg

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/04/spider-man_ps4_includes_photo_mode_excludes_microtransactions

"
Here's a summary of the interview's juiciest new details:

• A photo mode will be included 👍
  • There are lots of collectibles
  • Elements of Spider-Man's moveset are customisable
  • There's a crafting system, which we believe is related to Spidey's suit
  • Spider-Man levels up in this game
  • The game is locked at 30 frames per second, and will of course feature PS4 Pro support
  • The subway acts as the fast travel system
  • The open world is several times larger than Insomniac's Xbox exclusive Sunset Overdrive
  • You won't be rescuing balloons or delivering pizzas, and Bruce Campbell sadly doesn't cameo this time
  • You'll play as Mary Jane in this game
  • You can't hurt civilians, but you can interact with them in fun ways, such as taking selfies or giving them high fives"
  • http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...14-rapid-fire-questions-about-spider-man.aspx
With these graphics above ^^ ..The Photo mode will be awesome :cheers:

Pre-ordered the collector's edition on the day it was announced. :D

Hard to tell really if there'll be a demo, as hardly anyone nowadays release one before launch through fear of hurting sales. Who knows, maybe we'll get to try something in the lead up to release day.

I don’t usually get excited about superhero games but after seeing Jim Sterlings review of the game I am very interested in picking this up once it comes out. Looks like one of the best superhero games we’ve had in ages.

I watched a bit of AngriestPat from SuperBestFriendsPlay last night when it released but I was so tired. I watched about 45 minutes but it looked cool and very much like Arkham style combat. I've never been a Marvel fan but a good game is a good game. May pick it up when it's slightly less expensive.

As a dyed in the wool Marvel fan this is the one game (sorry GTS :)) that may convince me to shell out for a PS4.

The fact that Amazon are offering a Pro 1Tb bundle with the game at seventy pounds less than the console on its own is really chipping away at my willpower.

The fact multiplayer isn't much of a priority — and therefore this isn't a time-sensitive buy — is the only reason I haven't shelled out for it today. I wasn't that interested when I saw it on the show floor last year, but put in a bit of time recently and it's fun. Combat isn't as fluid as the Batman Arkham games, but minor issue. Photo mode looks phenomenal.

Oh yeah, and the small issue of my already gigantic backlog...

To be honest, I've not played a Spider-Man game since SM3 on PS3: it was so bad that, purely through intrigue and disbelief, I ended up playing it from start to finish just to see how deep the rabbit hole went. Sounds silly I know, but that experience put me well off the franchise as far as games were concerned. I have watched playthroughs of the games that have come since then SM3 (again, through intrigue), but nothing about them warranted purchase, which means that SM2 on PS2 was the last game I played, and enjoyed throughly at the same time.

That was 14 years ago!

But something about this game just seemed to make sense, if you will. Even though I avoided all the spoilers and all but one of the gameplay videos (the one played at E3 2017), what little info. I had absorbed gave me an inclining that maybe, just maybe, this would be the one to break the hiatus.

At nearly 30% complete, I have not been able to wipe the smile off my face. :D

There's already been one moment that caught me off guard, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the game plays out. Speaking of which...

*runs off to continue playing*

Just bought this today, can’t wait for the game to install. Just 12 minutes left!

So excited to start playing after all the positive reviews this game’s been getting.

Holy crap this game is amazing! Played a few hours so far and I think I can honestly say this is the best Spider-Man game ever made. The web-slinging is by far the best ever in a game and the combat is just amazing. Definite GOTY material right here

The retro suit is from the Spider-Man Noir comic.

Meanwhile, the guy who sneaked his marriage proposal into the game is heartbroken that his girlfriend ended up leaving him for his brother. Feelz...

DmndweyWsAAkUno.jpeg

Last edited:
I have heard that they are going to "patch" out the disappointing marriage proposal easter egg.

Back