Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

If cash gets tight you can sell off trucks for a full refund. There is also an easy contest at the Farm in Black River you can repeat for quick credits.

I already have a Meta build for Expeditions, Acteon truck, mud tires aired down to half and High Range gears.
Once I figured out how to sell trucks I sold them all except the Scout to buy my first off-road truck and man, it's so much fun being able to actually tow things through mud. I'm a little disappointed I can't fit it with a flat bed, only a semi trailer saddle, tanks for fuel and water or a van body, but it'll do for now.

I have absolutely no idea what the on-road trucks are for now, as @Joey D said, they seem to serve no useful purpose at all. What about the other categories of trucks that don't come with off-road tyres, though? Like heavy duty?

What about the other categories of trucks that don't come with off-road tyres, though? Like heavy duty?
You'll need the heavy duty trucks for their high saddle since one of the last missions in each map is to pull a big, heavy trailer a long way and it can only be done with the heavy duty trucks. I'm partial to the Pacific since it's a beast and even without 4WD, it weighs as much as a small planet so it chugs along just fine. The long heavy duty trucks like the Twinsteer you'll need for oil rig components, unless you want to drag a big heavy trailer around.

I love the P16, it really can show off for you in Hard Mode, being the MVP till the White Western Star is upgraded. I can find a use for it on any map.

@Joey D I tried out one of the heavy duty trucks and it felt like cheating, even with highway tyres on it just kept going. Well, kinda. I prefer my off-road truck because it's faster but that thing was an absolute beast.

I really need to pay more attention though, last night in the span of about half an hour I realised there were scout-sized trailers that can take cargo, got myself well and truly stuck on the bank of a river trying to cross it in my Scout (big S), had to get my off-road truck halfway across the map to bail it out, found the trailer which was already carrying cargo and my dumb brain thought it was wood but it was actually bricks. Took me ages to get to a wooden bridge repair job but obviously they told me to shove my bricks and I'd run out of gas getting there so it was all for nothing anyway. In the end I put a saddle on my big truck and picked up a flatbed semi trailer, I've been using that since because that truck appears to be unstoppable. It's a lot of fun!

The Afim s1960 has replaced the Acteon in Expeditions as my primary small truck. I also have the big Tatra now and it quickly replaced the Step for bigger truck duties. And last but not least I finally have a lifted Loadstar, so hopefully no more rocks getting stuck under it.

In Snowrunner I almost always run offroad gears, in Expeditions high range is king imo. It seems counter intuitive, but H gear is not as speedy this time. It's slow enough to let you run your tires at medium pressure, aiding grip and still giving great fuel economy.

Edit: The Loadstar has become my primary scout now, the transformation with a lift and mud tires is amazing. This truck pulls off moves it has no right to, pulling off climbs in high gear or jumping off cliffs, this thing is cheat mode and it's glorious.

Last edited:
May I suggest you persist a bit further - you can always jump ahead to whichever maps pique your interest. What I like about the map designs in SR is how different they have managed to make each region feel - that also includes the challenge levels. This becomes more noticeable outside the base game. Kola where you don't really travel much on roads, at least not on the first map; Yukon gets you to salvage locations for the materials you need. Wisconsin requires repairs to factories and place generators to power them before they can provide the goods you need and so on.
I'll certainly give SR another go and having the above in mind. I got bored of Michigan fairly quickly whereas Alaska was far more interesting once I changed maps. Seems like a good idea if I ever end up feeling being ”stuck” in a certain region. I also really need to get accustomed to the mission structure as well the menu in SR. The physics are probably going to continue bothering me but it is what it is 😅

For the time being, I’m still busy playing Mudrunner. Though I needed to take a few days break since I was failing time after time like damn amatuer trying to one star Deluge on Hardcore. At last, I finally made it.
DWHXLHu.png

P9UG2aM.png

kZttvEl.png

g3100Gr.png

Last edited:
I have GOT to stop playing when I'm tired. I took a P12 with the heaviest crane, a P with a high saddle and whatever the starter offroad truck is with a low saddle over to Drummond island to mop up a few tasks there and it was just a clustertruck of roll overs and getting stuck, I even had to get a second P16 to join in because my P12 rolled trying to cross a wooden bridge and got so jammed that I couldn't be bothered to use just the one P16 I had to unstick it because it would've involved too much back and forth to nudge it just right. I finally picked up all the special cargo and loaded it up onto trailers and got one of the P16s to tow them all back to Smithville Dam, because I'd accidentally started tracking a job that wanted me to go there so I just unquestioningly decided that was what I had to do, and after rolling - on that nicely paved road, you know the one - at least four times because I kept nodding off while driving, I got all the way to the dam and realised the cargo was actually needed on the far side of Drummond Island.

Only thing is I'd left the P16 with the cargo loaded on its trailers parked on the gateway back to the dam while my other 3 trucks mopped up other tasks and every single one of them rolled and got extremely stuck, so I recovered them all and took the loaded P16 back to the dam. Luckily I did at least strategically park a fuel tanker about halfway across Drummond so I was able to get one truck with a flatbed and winched 4-slot trailer back to the delivery point without needing to send another truck out after it to refuel it. I didn't take the P16 back because I accidentally drove it off that wooden bridge on the road, along with all the cargo, and decided it was cursed.

But yeah, the game requires your full concentration and attention and doesn't let you half-arse it, and it definitely doesn't let you fall asleep without a tragic accident. Which makes sense given it's simulating some very complicated driving and falling asleep in real life would be very expensive, if not fatal.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back