Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

I hope they do. Because otherwise, I doubt this game has a long shelf life. It would be interesting to see how they do mods, however, especially considering that they don't have the benefit of a set up system like Steam Workshop. Maybe a set up like Bethesda has for console mods?

From the official forums:
"Hi there,
At this time, we don't plan on supporting console modding at the time of release."

I hope they can at least bring it past release, as without map mods the game will die very shortly after release.

From the official forums:
"Hi there,
At this time, we don't plan on supporting console modding at the time of release."

I hope they can at least bring it past release, as without map mods the game will die very shortly after release.

Whelp.

I guessing making mods available on console is way harder than putting them on PC, I don't know how that all works though. Also I'm not sure how much Microsoft or Sony like their files to be tampered with. With Steam, it'll be super easy since it'll have the Workshop.

I guessing making mods available on console is way harder than putting them on PC, I don't know how that all works though. Also I'm not sure how much Microsoft or Sony like their files to be tampered with. With Steam, it'll be super easy since it'll have the Workshop.

Here's the thing: Microsoft is fine with it, alongside cross platform play. Fallout 4 allows up to a gigabyte of mods to be installed on Xbox One. Sony, however, is absolutely anal about their files being messed with, and couldn't be arsed in allowing cross platform play between competition. Again with Fallout 4, you could only hold 900 MB of data for mods, and no licensed stuff. (Meaning new weapons, half the reason I was excited for console mods to begin with, wasn't available)

It can be done. I know Farming Simulator also has console mods available so I'm guessing it's not too hard for developers, if they are willing to put the work in.

I remember Spintires seeming so compelling, but something about the physics / controls / interaction with the terrain felt hollow.

I guess I shouldn't have expected it to be like Screamer 4x4. Now there's a game worthy of a sequel.

I'm glad this is getting a proper go at a release, though, and I'll keep an eye on it at least.

For anyone still wanting to sample the original Spintires, which is superb IMHO (particularly with all the fan mods as mentioned above), Bundlestars often have it on sale at around GBP 5.00 or so, and often a good deal for two keys. Not on offer currently, unfortunately, but worth keeping an eye on.

New Mudrunners FAQ from the Facebook page:

Will Spintires: MudRunner have multi-USB support, for wheels, pedals and gearsticks?
Yes, on PC. The game supports wheels, pedals and gearsticks, even if they are seperate devices.

Will you support multiplayer saves?
Yes, Spintires: MudRunner will have multiplayer saves.

What is real-time mud?
Muddy terrain, rivers, and other obstacles all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle, thanks to the game's advanced physics engine. "Real-time mud" is the term we came up with to summarize all this!

Will existing mods work?
Yes, we have a seperate ModConverter tool, and we plan to have this tool available at release.

Will we include mod support at release?
Yes, absolutely!

Will we fix the camera auto zoom?
Yes, we know that a lot of players are asking this, and it is something we'll be fixing for release.

Will Spintires: MudRunner have VR support?
Not at release, though we would like to explore this if we have the opportunity.

Will lights, sound and mud be synced in multiplayer?
No

Will there be a map editor?
Yes, on PC.

Is this a re-release of Spintires?
Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of Spintires. Developed not only for PC but also for the first time for PS4 and Xbox One. It's a huge upgrade over its predecessor, as this edition comes complete with "a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements." Original Spintires players on Steam will get 50% off MudRunner as a loyalty discount. More info and details coming very soon – follow us to make sure you don't miss any info.

Will there be a Nintendo Switch version?
No, we don't have one planned at the moment.

Can you clarify the involvement of Pavel in Spintires: MudRunner?
Pavel Zagrebelny, the creator of the original Spintires, is back at Saber Interactive as vision holder and lead developer on Spintires: MudRunner, and therefore, is fully involved in the project.

Will this game also be abandoned?
No. We at Focus Home Interactive have always supported our games, during and after release. We strongly believe in Spintires: MudRunner, and our objective is to produce a great game, which we intend to continue supporting with updates to enrich the game's experience even after release. We always pay great attention to community feedback, and both we and Saber will make sure that MudRunner receives attention and improvements after Day One.

Customisable vehicles on consoles?
No.

Cockpit cam?
We don't plan on having this in the game at release, but it is something we may explore after.

Recommend settings/specs?
The recommend settings for Spintires: MudRunner should be very similar to the original game, but may change as we get closer to release.

Will there be Linux support?
Not planned at release.

Will there be Mac support?
Not planned at release.

Will there be mod support on consoles?
Not planned at release

Will there be vehicle customisation?
No.

How will deliveries be handled?
Deliveries will work the same way that they always have.

What framerate will Spintires: MudRunner run at?
Locked to 30fps on consoles, locked to 60fps on PC.

Will there be a retail release, or only digital?
This will depend on territory. More information will be coming soon on the official website. http://mudrunner-spintires.com/shop

Will there be 4k compatiblity on consoles?
We’re in discussions to bring PS4 Pro and Xbox One X features to the game after release, but we have nothing to confirm yet.

What languages will be available?
At release, Spintires: MudRunner will be playable in 8 languages - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian and Polish.

Will there be tracked vehicles?
Not at release.

Will you support dedicated servers?
Not at release

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't recommend the original version for full price even with mods (I got it from Bundlestars a while ago), but the fundamentals are there for me to strongly consider Mudrunner, especially on PS4. The game suffers from a stutter on my current laptop that didn't happen on my previous (weaker) laptop in spite of an improved framerate...PC gaming in a nutshell.

I wonder if it will be a proper dvd disc for consoles, because I bought the original spintires years ago off amazon, it came in a dvd case for pc, but was a download code, was rather disappointed to say the least..hope its a disc and not a download.

I wonder if it will be a proper dvd disc for consoles, because I bought the original spintires years ago off amazon, it came in a dvd case for pc, but was a download code, was rather disappointed to say the least..hope its a disc and not a download.
I assume it's digital only, for the time being anyway. Hopefully we'll eventually see a physical release after its 31st October release.

Interesting. I thought they were going digital only, at first anyway. Found a retailer that's selling the physical version here as well.

ZAZ 968M? That's something new.

stm_zaz968m.png

zaz968-1.jpg

Nifty trailer, not sure if the "story" has any bearing on the actual game itself, but it helps to flesh out the presentation of the title and give it the sort of identity/personality the original release sorely needed. I suppose it's finally blossoming into the game Pavel Zagrebelny had aspired to create before the setback of that awful deal with Oovee.

Not sure I'll have this day one because 2017 has unleashed a deluge of games, but it's definitely on my list.

Last edited:
Is Amazon going to be the only place to get this game, for ps4? I haven't seen anywhere else showing it.

...I don't see any major improvements since the first SpinTires. All I see on the gameplay trailer is different UI, a little better graphics, some cars visually modified (e.g. UAZ 469 with hard top and repainted to blue), one new car (ZAZ 968M) and interior view like on standard cars in GT5/6.

If you haven't played the first game and want to play on a console, you may have a reason to buy it. The game is great and very fun. But as an owner of the original SpinTires, I'm not planning to purchase Mudrunner.

...I don't see any major improvements since the first SpinTires. All I see on the gameplay trailer is different UI, a little better graphics, some cars visually modified (e.g. UAZ 469 with hard top and repainted to blue), one new car (ZAZ 968M) and interior view like on standard cars in GT5/6.

If you haven't played the first game and want to play on a console, you may have a reason to buy it. But as an owner of the original SpinTires, I'm not planning to purchase Mudrunner.

The reason i shelved spin tires 1, was the constant crashing, and multiplayer bugs :\

Back