Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

The reason i shelved spin tires 1, was the constant crashing, and multiplayer bugs :\
On my PC, it was running pretty stable. I never tried multiplayer though... The game is actually great.
The console version of Mudrunner should have no problems like these.

On my PC, it was running pretty stable. I never tried multiplayer though... The game is actually great.
The console version of Mudrunner should have no problems like these.

Soon as you added mods, and multiplayer it was a hot mess.

VXR
This just looks absolutely mesmerising. Pity I'm I'm Spain on launch day, but I'll absolutely be downloading it so it's ready to go when I'm home.
It looks sooo satisfying :lol:

Unfortunately, I'm in Switzerland the whole week when it releases. Luckily I have another whole week off work when I get home so plenty of time to catch up and play the game.

One or two small doubts are creeping in for me, which I hope are for the most part unfounded. From the trailers, it looks to me like a re-release of the original Spintires, with a new UI but the same assets, strange floaty camera and several of the same maps (albeit renamed). Not really seeing much "newness" here other than the new challenges, which seem to be more geared towards those with shorter attention spans, though I guess some of them seem novel. The appeal of the original game for me was the basic get xyz logs to xyz locations with xyz default vehicles, so I hope they keep this in too, albeit with some new maps, and better optimisation for online play (based on what I've read, not actually tried it myself)

@Tyger -- I see it as an unfortunate but necessary reboot, shedding Oovee's greedy interference and starting over with a more complete game. For their part, I think console ports, challenges, and the much-requested interior camera are good faith efforts to make it up to the fans. I get the impression they overhauled a fair bit of the game engine, too.

I don't own the original Spintires, but from what I've read, this is really more of a 1.5 release than a full 2.0. However, anyone who owns the original can get this for half price, plus there's a discount on top of that, so players who own 1.0 can get this for about $11. That is entirely reasonable. Think of it as a DLC.

I don't own the original Spintires, but from what I've read, this is really more of a 1.5 release than a full 2.0. However, anyone who owns the original can get this for half price, plus there's a discount on top of that, so players who own 1.0 can get this for about $11. That is entirely reasonable. Think of it as a DLC.

I'd managed to miss that somehow, yeah that seems reasonable.

Preordered on both Steam (for the mods) and on PS Store (for the comfort of beeing able to play while in my couch. The cost of those 2 games was about 2/3 of the price of one of the 2 copies I have of GTA V. So cheap that it almost hurts. Almost. Can't wait to play it.

I just ordered the game. I'll let it download over the weekend and start playing it on Tuesday.

I watched the gameplay videos and... basically, it's the same old Spintires. The new UI is much better though, and I like the interior view, although it reminds of standard cars from GT5/6. But I'm not sure if it's worth spending ~$10 (with loyalty discount for owning the original Spintires) for the generally same game. What I also don't like is how the trucks are changed visually, probably to avoid copyright issues (for example, GAZ 66 has a front grill from a KamAZ). But some vehicles (ZAZ 968M, Ural 375 and MAZ Uragan) look just like the real ones.

However, the devs say the physics is improved, which is good if true. I also like the "Challanges" mode, something different from the old gameplay, and new maps look beautiful. The PC version will also support mods, like the old game. Well, I have one more day to weigh the pros and cons and decide.

But if you haven't played the original game and you're interested in Mudrunner, buy it and you won't regret. Spintires is a fun and incredibly addictive game, and Mudrunner shouldn't be any worse (especially if you don't care for the modified truck models - I'm a fan of Russian trucks and it hurts me a bit to see them changed like that).

I've always been a fan of Spintires since I saw videos of it on YouTube. Can't wait to play Mudrunner :)

Wow, that's KAvZ 685! And it's visually identical to the real one.
Decided, I'm buying it now. :drool:

3270_1.jpg

The game got released at midnight. :boggled:

Me, at around 11:30 pm: Good night guys, got to leave the party and to go to bed. Junior has got an appointment at the the dentist early in the morning. :dunce:

Spends 20-ish minutes on YouTube.

Realizes that it’s only about 10 minutes to release.

“Well, I can do the tutorial, just to get used to the controls on PS4, and to get it over with.”:rolleyes:

So, after just over an hour on The Bog, I just hope that I’ll get up on time. :lol:

Great game, even if I think that the controls for the gearstick is a bit too sensitive.

I’ll give it 4 logs out of 5:tup:

Last edited:
The game got released at midnight. :boggled:

Me, at around 11:30 pm: Good night guys, got to leave the party and to go to bed. Junior has got an appointment at the the dentist early in the morning. :dunce:

Spends 20-ish minutes on YouTube.

Realizes that it’s only about 10 minutes to release.

“Well, I can do the tutorial, just to get used to the controls on PS4, and to get it over with.”:rolleyes:

So, after just over an hour on The Bog, I just hope that I’ll get up on time. :lol:

Great game, even if I think that the controls for the gearstick is a bit too sensitive.

I’ll give it 4 logs out of 5:tup:

BUSTED!

Played some challenges yesterday. Great fun, but that damn camera movement could really do with some tweaking.

BUSTED!

Played some challenges yesterday. Great fun, but that damn camera movement could really do with some tweaking.
I doubt that you can call it busted when I admit it myself?;)
I think the camera is ok. It just takes time to get used to it. But it’s a lot easier on pc with a mouse.

Not enjoying it at the moment because I'm having a hard time getting used to the camera. Hopefully it'll click.

The camera was always a bit of a sticking point but I slowly got used to it. I gave in and bought Mudrunner despite it being very similar to the original game, and I think it's been worth the price just to be able to turn vibration off with an Xbox One controller :lol: The graphics look visibly better, performance is better and I like the overall polish it has now. 👍

Just finished the Climb a Hill challenge. That was tough using the dash cam. I finally had to give up, do the challenge outside so I could see where the "road" was, and then go back and do it with the dashcam to get the final star.

I had no idea the slowest driving game in existence could also be the most fun.

Back