Spot Race Challenge Discussion Thread!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 809 comments
It's still a NSX. Just with some improvements. Although it's pretty heavy for a NSX. :yuck:

Besides, like hell I'm letting you get away with running double the power of the normal NSX-R. :P

I can contain the Supra's 900bhp fury. But theres no point. Why wheelspin a lap of Trial Mountain when a 350bhp Supra easily cruises around just as quickly? :sly:

So, I've got a poptart for an entree and a rotisserie chicken for dinner. :D

I'm trying to get 1 complete lap done, but the car is so wild that I'm overshooting the corner due to going 40-50km/h faster into the corner than I'm normally used to on Le Sarthe. :embarrassed: Most sections I'm hitting 300-320km/h, along the 3 straights I'm at the 350km/h mark. ;)

But atleast sub 4.00's are very easy to obtain. :cool:

Sub-4:00s are EXTREMELY easy to obtain...

And I'm doing about 325-335 km/h through the straight sections. I've overshot the first chicane on every run, forcing me down to about 40mph as I hit the dirt while on the brakes (wide enough out to most DEFINITELY not save time)

I know I can probably shave another 2-5 seconds off my time...

I have that same problem after the base laptime. I do that first practice run around the 4.00 mark then go ballistic........too ballistic. :embarrassed::irked: I usually end up somewhere in the sand trap facing the other way. :lol:

I make it through, but I DO get slowed down noticeably.

(My first completed lap with multiple offs was sub-4:00 though... Poor Supra)

I make it through, but I DO get slowed down noticeably.

(My first completed lap with multiple offs was sub-4:00 though... Poor Supra)

??? :odd: That practice run.....is just driving at like 6/10'ths. I always do it so I have a ghost car to destroy and get decent readings on my split times. 👍

I don't feel the need to bloat my ego with giant split time gains. :P

Or 900hp dyno queens, for that matter. Which the Supra definitely is..

No tuning + 900hp = Dyno Queen. Totally agree there RJ.

Grease Monkey Tune + 900hp = Decent Racecar!! Believe me, trying to contain that much power and putting it to the ground has been a real pain in the butt but it's been done, just need the perfect handling to match the acceleration.

I'm all of 8mph slower than you on straights, maxed downforce, 639hp.

It's a bleeding dyno queen. It's too heavy to corner on-par with my RX-7, can't use the power it has on exit, and isn't much quicker.

I'm all of 8mph slower than you on straights, maxed downforce, 639hp.

Max downforce here aswell. 👍

can't use the power it has on exit.

Oh, it can use all it's power, but it's not power-on/power-off like a lightswitch that's all. I have zero wheelspin from 2nd gear on unless I absolutely mash the X button. :D

Hell, I have none in first if I'm careful. My car is not violent in the least, very smooth. The Quaife Viper gearbox ratios help a bit as well... Drops it right below power peak on 1-2, 2-3, on peak for 3-4, 4-5, and just past peak 5-6. Works out though, because the car does NOT stop accelerating at higher revs. :D

My NSX claims fastest top speed on straights, but the brakes are crap so my braking distances are longer than Vegas. :lol:

4min is easy with the 687bhp N/A NSX. I mean I can go build sand castles mid-lap and still do 3'59. :lol:

I have 0 wheelspin in 2nd, and I mash X like a potato. ;)

My NSX claims fastest top speed on straights, but the brakes are crap so my braking distances are longer than Vegas. :lol:

4min is easy with the 687bhp N/A NSX. I mean I can go build sand castles mid-lap and still do 3'59. :lol:

I have 0 wheelspin in 2nd, and I mash X like a potato. ;)

Dear Roj,

,,l,, :P ,,l,,

Yours Sincerely,
Mafs!!

:lol: But seriously mate, I think the three of us have the sub 4 minute mark way behind us....hell, I can even get B-Spec Bob doing 4.00's (he's untouched apart from 1 race to find out what he did!!), the problem is adjusting to the larger braking distances. I'm used to the 2 chicanes along the straight and can get that perfect, it's the rest of my lap that sucks. :nervous: And it's all human error. :embarrassed:

My lap is a human error. :lol:

I got braking oversteer to deal with, long ass braking distances, the gravel traps that grab your car and seemingly trip you up and the fact that I got less front downforce than a normal NSX-R! Yeah I got a book of excuses if I ever need them. :lol:

I reckon I could nail a good lap, but it wouldn't count against this challenge since the deadline is the moment I get off college today. :lol:

Well, let's extend this 24hrs. I was in hospital on Tuesday so I lost half a day there and none of us look like we're close to being complete. And RJ's offline at the moment too.

It's been 2 days so please don't kill me for the double post mods, it's just to put my spot race entry in. :)

Okay RJ & Roj, since you two pups haven't put your cars up I better do for myself then you can laugh and put down better times. :P As much as I've tried so far, I haven't mastered the handling of my 900hp Supra (ie. I'm having too much pendulum effect!! ;)) but I will put that tune up when it's complete. In the meantime, here's my more tame setup.

Toyota Supra RZ '97 - 10.0km example. Codename: Fatboy Phase 1.
573hp, 12xx Kg, can't remember all figures off my head.

Mods:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Chip
Engine Balancing
Port & Polish
Racing Intercooler
Stage 2 Turbo
Oil Change
Fully Customisable Gearbox
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Fully Customisable Suspension
S3 Tyres
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
3D BB Wing
Dunlop 007 Rims (optional)

Gearing: (1st, set to 5.500 then autoset 6, set the following gears then final drive)
1st: 2.050
2nd: 1.525
3rd: 1.175
4th: 0.950
5th: 0.775
6th: 0.650
Final: 3.266

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 10.8/10.0
Ride Height: 90/92
Damper Bound: 3/2
Damper Rebound: 9/6
Camber: 2.7/0.0
Toe Angle: 2/-2
Stabilisers: 3/4

LSD: 9/11/11
BBC: 5/6

Le Sarthe I Lap Time: 3.58.937. :D

Not bad for a chunky Toyota, just wait till I get the full 900hp sorted on S3's. ;)

D'oh. Totally forgot to put up my time. Although I don't think I should submit it... or rather, I think I should remove that whacking great turbo and run again. :ouch:

My 1005bhp, 1230kg, Honda NSX-R Prototypr LM Road Car '02 put down a 3'49.488. :indiff:

I'll provide settings if you want, but eh, I think I might just run a few laps in a "normal" NSX-R and come back.

Mafs V Roj V RJ Spot Race @ Sarthe.

Time: 3:50.283

Car: Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A.

Parts:
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC LSD
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
S3 Tires
Racing Exhaust
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Stage 5 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Oil Change.

Should result in 639hp, 1079kg.

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------7.5/9.0
Ride Height:-------120/130
Shock Bound:-----6/5
Shock Rebound:---9/8
Camber:----------2.3/2.0
Toe:--------------(-2)/-1
Stabilizers:--------6/2
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Final to 5.500, auto set to 5, then set ratios and final.
Ratios are [2.432/1.803/1.368/1.105/0.935/0.819]
Final of 3.270.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 7/35/5

Brake Balance: 5/5

Downforce: 30/30

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: Bloody quick. Outbrakes, outcorners, and outruns most anything.

nd 4 holden spd, I've got my Spirra running low 1'19's around Apricot Hill. I'll be moving my testing over to Infineon's Sport Car Course later tonight.

I love these little devils!

nd 4 holden spd, I've got my Spirra running low 1'19's around Apricot Hill. I'll be moving my testing over to Infineon's Sport Car Course later tonight.

I love these little devils!

Time is a bit..........whoa, no swearing here. I must get to work on that soon. I got trashed last night so I'm a little off.

Time is a bit..........whoa, no swearing here. I must get to work on that soon. I got trashed last night so I'm a little off.

Eh. There aren't any straights to worry about on Infineon. No need to drive a straight line ;)

I'm pretty happy with mine. Family cup at +10 speed for the opponents, I brought it down from 200 points to 49. AND held a consistent 1.5-2.0 second lead on a field of JGTC cars on Tokyo R246.

:)

Eh. There aren't any straights to worry about on Infineon. No need to drive a straight line ;)

I'm pretty happy with mine. Family cup at +10 speed for the opponents, I brought it down from 200 points to 49. AND held a consistent 1.5-2.0 second lead on a field of JGTC cars on Tokyo R246.

:)

Cool. Tomorrow l will try to make it, and set mylap times in it. I think this will be my first and last spot race. I simply don't have time for it, what with running 2 garages and all else.

Back