Sprint Cup Asia 2019/2020 - Gr.3 Series. Season Finished.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 698 comments

So everyone. As stated I can't host Round 4 @ Suzuka (06/12/19) as stated in the thread.

• Keep race on 06/12/19 with one of you to host the event and send me Qualifying and Race results.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Move the event to 06/03/20 and make it the season finalle meaning no race in December.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the event to 13/12/19 a week later.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for joining last night guys.
First lobby was a mess, totalrose was stuck on the grid, I was gonna restart, and then I was told to keep an eye on 3/4 guys playing wreckfest at the back, eventually backed out the room by accident, so we set up another, it went a lot better.
Not a great fan of Fuji, and it showed in my driving last night. Off the pace, just a little.

I did see opportunities to pass. But, wasn't sure I'd make it clean, so hung back. Then I ended up backwards a couple of times . .
:cheers:
Most of the times I race in "clear" tracks - cars seconds ahead or behind me - so I have much to learn to look out for the other/faster drivers and not to blow them into oblivion with my first move :dunce:. These sessions are great opportunities :) .

:cheers:
Most of the times I race in "clear" tracks - cars seconds ahead or behind me - so I have much to learn to look out for the other/faster drivers and not to blow them into oblivion with my first move :dunce:. These sessions are great opportunities :) .

A series like this should be the perfect place to get more experience with it. The main thing to remember around faster drivers, is to just hold your line. Don't do anything eratic. They'll get past you when it's safe to do so.

As long as you're not moving across the track to block them, it's all good.

Edit. @paoloevans are we still good to play around with car selection until we're in the quali lobby?

A series like this should be the perfect place to get more experience with it. The main thing to remember around faster drivers, is to just hold your line. Don't do anything eratic. They'll get past you when it's safe to do so.

Edit. @paoloevans are we still good to play around with car selection until we're in the quali lobby?

Yes of course mate 👍👍👍

The main thing to remember around faster drivers, is to just hold your line. Don't do anything eratic. They'll get past you when it's safe to do so.

Absolutely spot on, nothing more scary than approaching lapped traffic to find them moving all over the place, unless you make it super obvious that your letting someone by, i.e. Using the indicators and moving over on a straight just drive your normal lines and the faster car will get by of its own accord

@Kuraudo

@Bivittavus88 @HoonigaN96 👍:cheers:. Yep.
At Autopolis after a pit(?) @Standard_FV (EVO?) came back behind me. After the first corner I slowed down and I let him go. No matter what, sooner or later a faster player will overtake me, no use of trashing his race with a foolish and useless move.

In the lobby games the lapped player become a ghost? I drive from the bumper cam and I'm not sure about this - ghosting or not I pulled over at Autoplis :) .

@Bivittavus88 @HoonigaN96 👍:cheers:. Yep.
At Autopolis after a pit(?) @Standard_FV (EVO?) came back behind me. After the first corner I slowed down and I let him go. No matter what, sooner or later a faster player will overtake me, no use of trashing his race with a foolish and useless move.

In the lobby games the lapped player become a ghost? I drive from the bumper cam and I'm not sure about this - ghosting or not I pulled over at Autoplis :) .

I have got the ghosting for cars being lapped switched on for everyones information 👍

I made a short test run (@PTLobo2 and @JoeyLeonine jumped in) and it was fun. I did a qt of 41.0xx again, but my race speed is still +1,5 sec :( . @PTLobo2 ?
He ran a 38.5xx if I remember correctly :drool:.
*analysing replays* :D
Actually i didnt go that fast haha. I did a 38.7 in qualy and a 38.9 in the race. However, in the timetrial mode where theres more grip and no extra weight due to the fuel ive done a 37.7 and that can still be improoved.

@Kuraudo I think I remember you moving to the outside, lifting the throttle and letting me pass, very kind of you, sadly I had already spun and destroyed my race earlier.

@paoloevans I'm 99% sure I can race at Fuji, so if any of the 16 will miss it I would like to take their place. I have to get more practice this time, will be looking out for these practice lobbies!

@Kuraudo I think I remember you moving to the outside, lifting the throttle and letting me pass, very kind of you, sadly I had already spun and destroyed my race earlier.

@paoloevans I'm 99% sure I can race at Fuji, so if any of the 16 will miss it I would like to take their place. I have to get more practice this time, will be looking out for these practice lobbies!

👍 Will give you a shout.

I'm not going to be able to keep up with the likes of @HoonigaN96 but, I am pretty strong at Fuji.

I also can't be counted for the Gentleman's Cup.

So . .

5908810682803978780_0.jpg

Back