Sprint Cup Asia 2019/2020 - Gr.3 Series. Season Finished.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 698 comments

So everyone. As stated I can't host Round 4 @ Suzuka (06/12/19) as stated in the thread.

• Keep race on 06/12/19 with one of you to host the event and send me Qualifying and Race results.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Move the event to 06/03/20 and make it the season finalle meaning no race in December.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the event to 13/12/19 a week later.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a little practice last night and I seem to be getting 1:47's in the race, so not sure where that is going to put me. I think I might struggle though as I was 0.5 faster in the Beetle and 1 second faster per lap in the Lancer. Nissan seemed kinda twitchy around the track, so going to be interesting to see @HoonigaN96 wrestle it around the track.

Think it will be fun to watch the good drivers :)

I had a little practice last night and I seem to be getting 1:47's in the race, so not sure where that is going to put me. I think I might struggle though as I was 0.5 faster in the Beetle and 1 second faster per lap in the Lancer. Nissan seemed kinda twitchy around the track, so going to be interesting to see @HoonigaN96 wrestle it around the track.

Think it will be fun to watch the good drivers :)
Slowly slowly around the corners, then blast down the straight, then slowly again :lol:

Was an interesting race today. Quali was ok but I didn't improve on my 1st lap so obviously had time I should have got.

Not sure what happened to @Hasnain282 at the 1st corner but kinda got sandwiched between him and @HappyMeal. Managed to get into 4th which is where I stayed until I made a mistake on the last corner and ran wide into the gravel. Tried to defend the inside going into the first corner but left a gap and @HappyMeal took it. I could see I didn't quite have the pace to match the guys ahead so just concentrated on keeping everything smooth in the hope I could jump someone at the pits, and sat and enjoyed the race between @Spinerkopin , @PTLobo2 and @HappyMeal

I came out of the pits and I was in 4th with no @HappyMeal to be seen and was about 2 secs behind Spiner and Lobo, and that pretty much stayed the same until lap 19 when just as I was thinking about pushing hard to the end my wheel died and I flew into the wall at the hairpin. After a few secs of messing around I managed to get going with the controller but I haven't used one in ages so I wasn't exactly good with it :)

Anyway congrats to @HoonigaN96 for a dominant performance and congrats to everyone else for (hopefully) a good race. Can't share the race as I think it is too big for the server.

Video for chuckles :)

Last edited:
I agree with Sheltie. It was an interesting race and a very tactical one imo. I qualified 4th but i had pace for a better starting position, just coundnt nail a lap.
Then during the race, @Hasnain282 went wide on t1 and i got into 3rd. That also caused some 3 wide action behind me and, as a result, a 3 second gap between me and 4th.
I soon realised @HoonigaN96 was going to run away with it and my focus was on getting 2nd. However, I didnt go for the move on @Spinerkopin: I stayed behind, bump drafted and went into higher fuel modes when in the slipstream him with the hope of keeping the gap i had to @HappyMeal and fuel saving to overtake spiner in the pits. In spite of the fact i avoided battling as much as possible, happy meal caught me around lap 10 and i dived into the pits, not to loose time fighting him. He did too. I got out around 3 seconds in front due to my fuel saving and that was crucial as we both encountered some people who hadnt pitted but i managed to get through them both just before the main straight, while he couldnt, meaning he got held up and lost quite a bit of time and at least one position.
Despite all of that, i still managed to get into 2nd as i had saved just enough fuel to jump spiner in the pits. And i mean JUST. We did t1 side by side when he was leaving the pits but i had the inside line and got through. After that, i was quicker than him and managed to build a small gap and get to the chequered flag in a very good position.
I'd also like to show my appreciation to @paoloevans for once again hosting the event.

Last edited:
Qualy was good, should of snuck in a 44 but couldn't quite get the last sector right on my final lap.

Race was fairly lonely, nailed T1 lap1, car was a bit sketchy to start with but once I got into a rhythm after 4/5 laps it started to feel really good, just kept glancing at the map throughout the race watching all the battles taking place almost right through the field, hopefully it stays like that all season this time

Championship Standings updated:

Round 1:
Winner - xZePhyR96x
Gentleman's Cup Winner - Totalrose
Fastest Lap - Hasnain282
Pole Position - xZePhyR96x

Congratulations to all.

Last edited:
A few shots from the race
8287186275256009728_0.jpg
8287186275658661888_0.jpg
8286623325839459328_0.jpg
8296197863765999624_0.jpg
8287186265053365248_0.jpg
8286623314430952456_0.jpg
7134269160640513024_0.jpg
8287186266663977992_0.jpg

@p1n0yi30y as I haven't heard anything from you and you missed Round 1 are you still planning on racing any of the other races mate?

If not please let me know as its a full entry list and your space may be filled by someone else. Ta :)

@Kuraudo hope you enjoyed the race?
First I thought I was alone all the race... but then I saw the race results and there were 13 other guy :D :D :D . Dead last from start to finish. I'm so off the pace I can't even describe it :( .
Big thank you for the second photo with @EATHinNZ . It just looks like I'm in a serious battle with another racer :D .

Congratulations for everybody :gtpflag:! You guys are awesome with alien speed.

First I thought I was alone all the race... but then I saw the race results and there were 13 other guy :D :D :D . Dead last from start to finish. I'm so off the pace I can't even describe it :( .
Big thank you for the second photo with @EATHinNZ . It just looks like I'm in a serious battle with another racer :D .

Congratulations for everybody :gtpflag:! You guys are awesome with alien speed.

Stay with it mate!! I was running at the back for the second half of last season but by completing every race I managed to score points and move up in the standings. With only a hand full of drivers in the Gentleman's Cup you'll keep on getting good points! :)

Back