Sprint Cup Asia 2019/2020 - Gr.3 Series. Season Finished.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 698 comments

So everyone. As stated I can't host Round 4 @ Suzuka (06/12/19) as stated in the thread.

• Keep race on 06/12/19 with one of you to host the event and send me Qualifying and Race results.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Move the event to 06/03/20 and make it the season finalle meaning no race in December.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the event to 13/12/19 a week later.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Round 4 - Suzuka

Winner - xZePhyR96x
Gentleman's Cup Winner - Totalrose
Pole - xZePhyR96x
Fastest Lap - xZePhyR96x

Congratulations to all!

I've updated the Championship Standings.

@Kuraudo will have his table to follow 👍

Managed to qualify in a solid 3rd, which was reasonably happy with. M3 seems to understeer quite badly coming out of the esses and into 130r, and this was to be my undoing in the race. Had @PTLobo2 all over the back of me for the first few laps, but I seemed to settle down a bit and started to put a bit of pressure onto @Spinerkopin in front of me. Then on lap 4 into 130r I put a wheel onto the grass, ran wide, came back onto the track alongside PTlobo and he managed to get me around the outside into the chicane.

7143361027997958672_0.jpg

I lost focus for a little bit but PTLobo was nice enough to run wide out of the 2nd degner and let me by again. He pitted on lap 8, and I tried to push on another lap to get a gap and pit on lap 9. I did this pretty well but forgot to take my 5 secs penalty in the pit stop. I did stamp on the brakes on the start/finish line of the next lap (Think it cost me about 8 seconds) but obviously I was annoyed at myself and drove very poorly for a few laps.

Thankfully PTlobo had a slight off at Spoon and this snapped me back, so I started to concentrate again and set about chasing him down. Unfortunately I could only get the gap down to about a second, so managed to put pressure on him but not enough for him to crack.

Congrats to everyone, and big congrats to another dominant @HoonigaN96 performance :)

ps. Thanks to @PTLobo2 for hosting

Just to point out BOTH Championships could be wrapped up at the next round at Bathurst.
Could? Im pretty sure the overall championship is just a formality at this point... Congrats @HoonigaN96. You've been dominant.
I can make a championship table with... more exciting numbers :D :D :D :D .
Congratulations for everyone and @HoonigaN96 :cheers:.

Wheel's feedback was strange. I went off track 3 times and just quit to calm me down.
Oh...

So, my race recap:
I completely messed the chickane on my last qualifying lap, which costed me 3rd and possibly 2nd, as i lost around half a second at least.
Then, @Lost Sheltie had that moment at 130R which promoted me to 3rd, although i lost it a few laps later due to a mistake on the degners. After the pits i was 3rd again and by quite a margin which made me slightly too complacent, as i made a mistake at spoon and lost around 3 seconds. Still, it wasnt enough to affect my finishing position and i got another podium in the end.
Two races to go.

Oh, and PS:
I got to experience how frustrating hosting a race can be. If a lobby has "Pre-Registration needed" in the title, why do so many people still join it..? Had to kick 4 guys which meant i couldnt really set a time in those 15 minutes of practice... So big thanks to @paoloevans for doing it in a regular basis.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting, some people don't realise that you are busy with keeping an eye on things, when you should be trying to get your own qualy done.

About the randoms walking in, race lobbies should always be private/friends only.
It's up to the competitors to send a friend request to get into the the lobby, and of course the host to accept them on-time. Normally anyone involved in another series knows/see's the name of the lobby and won't enter.
Congrats again to all the podium guys, Pro and Am.

Oh, and PS:
I got to experience how frustrating hosting a race can be. If a lobby has "Pre-Registration needed" in the title, why do so many people still join it..? Had to kick 4 guys which meant i couldnt really set a time in those 15 minutes of practice... So big thanks to @paoloevans for doing it in a regular basis.
Yes, kicking out players who can't read is a regular thing :( .

If you look in the forums mate you'll find my Sprint Cup Asia Series. We have 2 races left of the season in January and February. You are most welcome to join us for those if you wish to sign up?

Since you did ask (this is a cross over from the Brands Hatch event for anyone confused :crazy:)

GTPlanet Name: Invisigoth
PSN Name: In-visigoth
Car: Corvette C7 (I thought I'd join my "brother from another mother" @Kuraudo with some American pig iron :dopey:. )
Number: 25
Livery - See below

20191215162123.jpg

Last edited:
After a few laps at Bathurst (with a GR.4 car)... it'll be scarry :S . Even with a slower car and good visibilty it is still a very difficult track, and that pit entry. Meh...

After a few laps at Bathurst (with a GR.4 car)... it'll be scarry :S . Even with a slower car and good visibilty it is still a very difficult track, and that pit entry. Meh...

Once you know the track you kinda know what's coming before you get there. It's a bit like the Nurburgring. I don't know how many here have done Race C at Bathurst during the dailies (I'm guessing most have), but you really need to slow down for the chicane in pit entry. If you get it wrong, and hit the wall, you are looking at a re-spawn on the start/finish strait. Might be an idea to either practice pit entry, or pit with enough fuel left for another lap. I got it wrong running on fumes and ran out of fuel just after exiting Hell Corner. A lap of Mount Panorama at 80kph is not very scenic at night :rolleyes:.

@Invisigoth My first ever online daily race was here - with a 650s GR.4 :) . E/B lobby with a track like Bathurst was... interesting :D . It's impossible to run out of fuel with the Viper :D . My tires will die way before I could run out of fuel :D .
(I don't like the Nurburgring :rolleyes:. It's way out of my league...)

@Raptor013 :cheers:

If there is still space on the grid, I'll join you guys for the Bathurst event.

GTPlanet name: Raptor013
PSN Name: Raptor_Race_13
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Gr.3
Number: #13 or #013

6061858307621028868_0.jpg

Yes mate 👍

Ive added you to the entry list. Thanks for signing up.:)

Did a bit of a test. Same settings as set out on the first page of this thread. I was feeling the tyre wear after 7 laps, meant to pit lap 8, drove past pit entry lane and ended up pitting lap 9. I was sure I had changed tyres (that was kinda the main reason for pitting then), topped up fuel (and miscalculated. My outlap was a bit squiffy, as I expected cold tyres to be, but then I saw the tyre wear indicator. It suggested that I hadn't changed tyres at all :crazy: (unless my pit crew were being 🤬 and sent me out on a set of scrubbed tyres :odd:.). Whilst I did have to back off a hair, lap 13 was still only a second off my fastest lap (lap 3). I'm really, really crap at conserving tyres, and even the tiniest bit of wear I seem to notice... and not compensate well for. I reckon the better drivers will be able to only need a splash and go.

Did a bit of a test. Same settings as set out on the first page of this thread. I was feeling the tyre wear after 7 laps, meant to pit lap 8, drove past pit entry lane and ended up pitting lap 9. I was sure I had changed tyres (that was kinda the main reason for pitting then), topped up fuel (and miscalculated. My outlap was a bit squiffy, as I expected cold tyres to be, but then I saw the tyre wear indicator. It suggested that I hadn't changed tyres at all :crazy: (unless my pit crew were being 🤬 and sent me out on a set of scrubbed tyres :odd:.). Whilst I did have to back off a hair, lap 13 was still only a second off my fastest lap (lap 3). I'm really, really crap at conserving tyres, and even the tiniest bit of wear I seem to notice... and not compensate well for. I reckon the better drivers will be able to only need a splash and go.

I haven't done much practicing at Bathurst as of yet but throughout the season I've noticed that my Ferrari is reasonably kind on tyres and doesn't get to twitchy or unpredictable.

I haven't done much practicing at Bathurst as of yet but throughout the season I've noticed that my Ferrari is reasonably kind on tyres and doesn't get to twitchy or unpredictable.

I think with this last update the cars have regained some of the stability they used to have, which should help. Luckily no one is using the R8. Used to be a rocket ship but really rough on tyres. For a night time at Bathurst, it has execlent lights if you change to clear lenses. Since I didn't start the season, I've had the luxury of choosing a car based on conditions. The 'vette has very good night vision. I think the best was the Supra, but too twitchy. Since the update that may have changed, but I'm happy with the plastic fantastic 👍.

Glad I chose to go with my Bathurst livery instead of my usual. Aside from @Raptor013 missing out on his number, an all matt black car at night up Mountain Strait would not be very visible when people start lapping me :P.

I've done a few laps too - and yes, white headlights @Invisigoth . I'm still dreadful at this track, can't find a single breaking point... but at least the Viper has amazing torque through the hill section - second gear is world peace :D .

I don't know if this will help you, but I use the 100m marker at Griffins Bend and the floating tear drop at Skyline.
The Quarry corner - Skyline section is the main mistery to me. Just "blind" corners => uphill and fences :( . Sometimes I get through with light speed (:dopey:), sometimes I hit every possible wall or/and spin out. BB +0
Oh... and the pit lane breaking point :D ? Funny little devil :D .

The Quarry corner - Skyline section is the main mistery to me. Just "blind" corners => uphill and fences :( . Sometimes I get through with light speed (:dopey:), sometimes I hit every possible wall or/and spin out. BB +0
Oh... and the pit lane breaking point :D ? Funny little devil :D .

I *think* by Quarry corner you mean the corner that leads on to Reid Park after The Cutting. Once you clear The Cutting it's possible to take the climb across the top of the mountain flat, but I have to lift slightly at Sulman, or I end up in the sand just before Skyline. Maybe you might want to consider doing the Gr3 25 lap endurance race that's part of GT Lounge. That should help you get familiar with the track, then you find yourself preparing for turns and kinks before you reach them. Once you find the rhythm it won't seem so horrible.

I *think* by Quarry corner you mean the corner that leads on to Reid Park after The Cutting. Once you clear The Cutting it's possible to take the climb across the top of the mountain flat, but I have to lift slightly at Sulman, or I end up in the sand just before Skyline. Maybe you might want to consider doing the Gr3 25 lap endurance race that's part of GT Lounge. That should help you get familiar with the track, then you find yourself preparing for turns and kinks before you reach them. Once you find the rhythm it won't seem so horrible.
Yep, you're right :D . That will be that - the section starting after Griffins Bend. It's like a flying mission in an Ace Combat game :D . The track is so tight I'm happy for the ghosting :D .
(I don't like the GT Leauge :( . I use it for money grind and for the daily car, besides that the different physics is ruining any chance to "get gud". Practice = online lobby. Yes, the practice/qualification physics also different than the race but still better :) .)

Back