Sprint Cup Asia 2019/2020 - Gr.3 Series. Season Finished.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 698 comments

So everyone. As stated I can't host Round 4 @ Suzuka (06/12/19) as stated in the thread.

• Keep race on 06/12/19 with one of you to host the event and send me Qualifying and Race results.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Move the event to 06/03/20 and make it the season finalle meaning no race in December.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the event to 13/12/19 a week later.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Invisigoth Not too fazed by having to run my alternate number as that does tie in with my real world racing anyway.

Yeah Bathurst is one of those tracks that throws everything at the driver. Even the most practiced drivers can get caught out by the track.

Racing at Bathurst no matter if its on a game simulator or the real deal is always something special. Looking forward to ticking off the online to do for this track after getting the chance to race there back in 2010.

10390515_740743832648992_5314702388813679099_n.jpg

@Invisigoth Not too fazed by having to run my alternate number as that does tie in with my real world racing anyway.

Yeah Bathurst is one of those tracks that throws everything at the driver. Even the most practiced drivers can get caught out by the track.

Racing at Bathurst no matter if its on a game simulator or the real deal is always something special. Looking forward to ticking off the online to do for this track after getting the chance to race there back in 2010.

Was that a club event? Doesn't look like the 12h :confused:.

My Bathurst livery started with an idea to annoy the Ford fans (I first put it on a Mustang, the only time I ever drive it). This is what I usually run when not at Bathurst :lol: :

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190119011106.jpg

Bathurst for the fastest laps, your probably looking at 2:01s on mediums

I was doing 2:07/8s, but then again I'm *very* Am :lol:. To put that in perspective, the current real life lap record is is 1.59.2 set with an R8 this year. Previous record was 2016, 2:01.5 with a 650S.

I was doing 2:07/8s, but then again I'm *very* Am :lol:. To put that in perspective, the current real life lap record is is 1.59.2 set with an R8 this year. Previous record was 2016, 2:01.5 with a 650S.

That's around my average pace at the moment. On a good lap with no mistakes I can dip into the 2:06's

Figured out why my tyres were still showing wear after I pitted during testing. I thought when there was only 1 tyre choice it automatically changes tyres when you hit X. Apparently hitting X selects "do not change tyres" :crazy:. I discovered this doing some Gr2 testing at Leguna.... I made the same mistake :lol:!

If I remember correctly the big issue with the night races (In GTS anyway) at Mt Panorama was the dust kicked up by the cars in front, so you might want to practice that. Obviously that doesn't affect @HoonigaN96 but maybe he will struggle with the twitchy GTR on the twisty bits and crash a bit - probably not but we can but hope :)

Yeh, particularly the exit of Hell Corner and going into The Chase

Edit: If it was rainy, that would keep the dust down........;)

Apologies for being absent/not notifying you of intentions to race, @paoloevans. Real life happened, and I needed to sort a few things out. Unless something major changes, I won't be able to run at Bathurst, or Tokyo.

So, if anyone want's to run #13 for those two races, I'm happy to give up the number.

Apologies for being absent/not notifying you of intentions to race, @paoloevans. Real life happened, and I needed to sort a few things out. Unless something major changes, I won't be able to run at Bathurst, or Tokyo.

So, if anyone want's to run #13 for those two races, I'm happy to give up the number.

Hi mate. Ok no worries. As it happens we have a full entry list at the moment for Bathurst anyway!

Hope all is well. I'll let you know if spaces do come available for Tokyo and we'll see where we are then. 👍

Hi mate. Ok no worries. As it happens we have a full entry list at the moment for Bathurst anyway!

Hope all is well. I'll let you know if spaces do come available for Tokyo and we'll see where we are then. 👍

I won't be there for Tokyo, so that spot will be available.

Happy new year everyone!

I've got a practice room at Bathurst open if anyone is free to join me.

Lobby number:

0745-4126-6658-2779-8084

EDIT: ROOM NOW CLOSED

Last edited:
Would it be possible to add another reserve driver that i know @paoloevans

Hes a quick lad and im keen to see how he does under the sprint cup rules.

Yeh of course mate. He'll have to be at the bottom of the reserves though so there's a chance that he may not make the grid if the entry list is stays full or nearly full.

Last edited:
Just curious, but does anyone else play the blancpain intro music before one of these races. I do it for this one and another blancpain series im in.

They come from all four corners of the world to the 23 corners of Mount Panorama. And whilst they represent many flags, but race towards one.

Ok, so it's from an ad for this years 12h, but it seems to describe the upcoming event ;).

Back