Sprint Cup Asia 2019/2020 - Gr.3 Series. Season Finished.

  • Thread starter Thread starter paoloevans
  • 698 comments
  • 48,079 views

So everyone. As stated I can't host Round 4 @ Suzuka (06/12/19) as stated in the thread.

  • Keep race on 06/12/19 with one of you to host the event and send me Qualifying and Race results.

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Move the event to 06/03/20 and make it the season finalle meaning no race in December.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the event to 13/12/19 a week later.

    Votes: 2 50.0%

  • Total voters
    4
  • Poll closed .
@Totalrose is x_BurgerBomb_x planning on racing in the final round next month? If so I'll add him to the entry list now as there is only 1 spot available. Cheers.
 
Im really sorry to say that i'll be missing the last championship round next week. Congrats to all participants, specially @HoonigaN96 for the win, @paoloevans for the host and @Spinerkopin and @Lost Sheltie for the great battles all throughout the year. Gutted not to be able to fight for 2nd but i cant wait to go again next season!

That's a shame mate. Thanks for participating in the series and the help and advice you've given me in running the Sprint Cup. It's been a blast! :cheers:👍
 
20200202_230606.jpg

So the sun is setting on this season. Looking forward to the finale on Friday 👍:)

I'm currently not 100% whether I will be running another season at present. I'm finding it more difficult juggling work and family commitments and I don't want to be that race host that keeps missing races!:boggled:

However if I do run another Sprint Cup what tracks would you all want to see?

Would you want another Asian Series? Back to Europe? Or an International calendar?

Anyways I will keep you updated about future plans and lets have a great race this Friday!

I'll do the usual race week shout out on Wednesday so we can get a rough idea of who else can make it.

Cheers all :gtpflag::gtplanet:
 
View attachment 887517
So the sun is setting on this season. Looking forward to the finale on Friday 👍:)

I'm currently not 100% whether I will be running another season at present. I'm finding it more difficult juggling work and family commitments and I don't want to be that race host that keeps missing races!:boggled:

However if I do run another Sprint Cup what tracks would you all want to see?

Would you want another Asian Series? Back to Europe? Or an International calendar?

Anyways I will keep you updated about future plans and lets have a great race this Friday!

I'll do the usual race week shout out on Wednesday so we can get a rough idea of who else can make it.

Cheers all :gtpflag::gtplanet:

We could copy last year's Intercontinental GT Challenge Calendar.
Bathurst
Laguna Seca
Spa
Suzuka
Interlagos (instead of Kyalami)

We could also go back to Europe

Or even do an Italian GT Championship
Monza
Maggiore
Maggiore reverse
Sardegna B
Sardegna A reverse? Some other layout?
Maybe monza again? There are two monza rounds irl

Maybe something else even, idk
 
We could copy last year's Intercontinental GT Challenge Calendar.
Bathurst
Laguna Seca
Spa
Suzuka
Interlagos (instead of Kyalami)

We could also go back to Europe

Or even do an Italian GT Championship
Monza
Maggiore
Maggiore reverse
Sardegna B
Sardegna A reverse? Some other layout?
Maybe monza again? There are two monza rounds irl

Maybe something else even, idk

Yeh I like the idea of an "International" series. That way we can include Spa and Laguna Seca. Also Brands again as it's my favourite circuit in the world :sly:.

I have a DRAFT CALENDAR written up.......
Screenshot_20200203-111301_Samsung Notes.jpg

As I said nothing is confirmed or final as yet.
 
How about having Spa in July and Suzuka in August to have them in the same month as the real life IGTC races? Also maybe keep one race open to change in case PD add another track you could use.
 
The one i had suggested was trying to copy the real Intercontinental GT Challenge calendar. If we were to go for that, i'd suggest either adding the nurb, brands or monza and keeping the other five ones, to increase the similarities with the irl series. Alternatively, we could create a completely different calendar, as the one you have in the draft.
 
Last edited:
How about having Spa in July and Suzuka in August to have them in the same month as the real life IGTC races? Also maybe keep one race open to change in case PD add another track you could use.

Defo good idea 👍
 
The one i had suggested was trying to copy the real Intercontional GT Challenge calendar. If we were to go for that, i'd suggest either adding the nurb, brands or monza and keeping the other five ones, to increase the similarities with the irl series. Alternatively, we could create a completely different calendar, as the one you have in the draft.

Yes I like the idea of replicating the Intercontinental Series. Could add Brands as the 6th race...
 
Yes I like the idea of replicating the Intercontinental Series. Could add Brands as the 6th race...
Yes exactly, i suggested interlagos instead of kyalami because it would kinda keep the continent thing, with south and north america being separate.
 
Indianapolis has replaced Laguna Seca in the real life season for this year btw
 
Indianapolis has replaced Laguna Seca in the real life season for this year btw
I do know that but i think laguna seca might be more interesting than blue moon infield for example
 
Last edited:
Yeh I like the idea of an "International" series. That way we can include Spa and Laguna Seca. Also Brands again as it's my favourite circuit in the world :sly:.

I have a DRAFT CALENDAR written up.......
View attachment 887525
As I said nothing is confirmed or final as yet.

That's a strong looking calendar.

Only suggestion I would make is perhaps using the 24H layout of Nurburgring which could double up as the night round.
 
Also just uploaded the replay of the Bathurst Round for those that might be interested to see some of the midfield battles.

 
Another possible idea is going back to Europe and mix the Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe Endurance And Sprint Cup's calendars.
It would be the following
Monza
Brands Hatch
Spa
Nurburgring
Barcelona
Plus another round. This could be either Maggiore or Sardegna replacing the Misano Round or either the RB Ring or Dragon Trail replacing Hungaroring.

I honestly really like this idea tbh. We've done some of the tracks already but in IGTC idea we would be repeating 3 circuits aswell.

There is also the possibilty of very slightly changing the race time duration according to the round, as 3 of those and endurance races irl (monza, spa and nurb) and 3 others sprint ones (brands, barcelona and either misano or hungaroring). Or we could stay with 40 minute races, im fine with both.
 
Don't think I will make this round as I am in hospital that afternoon so probably won't be up to it in the evening. Hopefully someone else can take my place :)
 
@Kuraudo just checking how your doing mate.

Are you planning on racing this Friday?
 
I do know that but i think laguna seca might be more interesting than blue moon infield for example
Hmm... I quite like Blue Moon Infield, especially in reverse, and my opinion is totally not biaised by the fact I'm an absolute trash at Laguna:)
 
Back