SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was a tweet a while back from Playstation France about there being a big surprise at Playstation Experience coming from a very prestigious developer. Maybe GT6 Spec II for PS4 is a bit plausible?...
I doubt it. It's apparent that the PS4 will be getting GT7, and 6 will stay on the PS3.

There was a tweet a while back from Playstation France about there being a big surprise at Playstation Experience coming from a very prestigious developer. Maybe GT6 Spec II for PS4 is a bit plausible?...
I doubt it. Chances are it isn't Gran Turismo 6 Spec II. I haven't saw the tweet but if you could find a link to the tweet that would be a plus.

For those of you who don't understand French. Here's what the tweet translates to in English.

"I just learned the existence of an excluded #PS4 which will engulf the internets BIG in December. Be prepared."

From the user that posted this in this thread. It doesn't sound anything about a prestigious developer. But from my bit of understanding, it seems like there must be some sort of special event regarding about the PS4 that Sony might be hosting soon over the internet. I've made lots of friends over on the playstation eu forums and they do community events a bit similar to what I'm talking about here.

My only guess on who this developer could be is it could be Rockstar Games. The developers behind Grand Theft Auto and the Red Dead series as well as my all time favorite racing franchise that I beg to come back in the near future Midnight Club. The reason is because Rockstar if I can remember made some sort of exclusive deal with Sony. In 2005, GTA San Andreas was one of Rockstar's best selling GTA game and there's no wonder that they could get such a good reputation to join Sony. I know everyone will instantly think that this could mean something to heists which I know in gods name isn't. But this PS4 exclusive if the tweet had a English translation error when it said excluded and was originally meant to be the word exclusive, then I guess it's going to be a official trailer for Agent.
Agent.jpg

Last edited:
The way they update their game, just like GT5, is not that they build up to 2.0 but they keep releasing updates in an order and when they think 2.0 is ready they just release it. In GT5, 2.00 came after 1.13 and in this case it'll be hopefully after 1.14/1.15

That's news to me, I picked up GT5 "XL edition" after a 2 year hiatus from GT in general, so I never experienced anything from 'before' 2.0 was out for GT5, I didn't know they skipped/jumped numerically, I had thought they built up to 2.0

If it isn't too much trouble, could somebody such as @Whistle Snap give me an idea as to how likely this track is to come to the game?

I know that nobody here probably knows.. But based on its location and the timing of this find, do you believe that it will actually come to the game?

Interesting things, fact that Wax finally was able to decrypt the files since PD changed encryption two updates ago. Nothing unrealistic about any of the courses though, those Red Bull X cars should be able to drive upside down with little effort, the fan cars even more so. Thing is PD needs to sort out their roll over stopping code, it unrealistically stops roll overs. If this doesn't land on PS3 it's simply because the system is just out of gas and PD should dial down the resolution or something.

Also Wax/Whistlesnap showed a few other finds including how the game chooses AI for races and other things. I hope we get a way to choose our opponents in arcade mode along with tire wear and fuel usage. Physics are identical across the board in spite of what anyone else says. PD might want to actually render the undersides of cars and the inner side of the wheels while they're at it. One main reason I won't part with my PS3 is GT6, I love the game flaws and all, but Sierra is just too delicious to stop driving on, so much feedback and the feel is omg.

If it isn't too much trouble, could somebody such as @Whistle Snap give me an idea as to how likely this track is to come to the game?

I know that nobody here probably knows.. But based on its location and the timing of this find, do you believe that it will actually come to the game?
Umm... Unless someone actually works for PD or SCEA there is no way anyone in here is going to know the answer to questions like this. And if they do work for one of those companies they certainly aren't going to say anything, if they value their job.

The anti-rollover technology is only applied to online modes. If PD wanted to put this banking-test track to work with online, they either must remove the disability or code it to only not work with this track.

I also think this track got delayed because of issues regarding AI.

The anti-rollover technology is only applied to online modes. If PD wanted to put this banking-test track to work with online, they either must remove the disability or code it to only not work with this track.

I also think this track got delayed because of issues regarding AI.
Cars won't roll over when in an online lobby/raceroom? I rarely go online - unless I am specifically meeting friends in a private room and we generally keep it extremely clean, so there aren't really any bad collisions. I know that I've personally rolled several cars in GT6 and most of my friends have shared similar stories.

If this is true, I wonder WHY? If you allow rollovers in Arcade Mode/Career Mode then why can't a car flip onto it's roof in an online environment?

For those of you who don't understand French. Here's what the tweet translates to in English.

"I just learned the existence of an excluded #PS4 which will engulf the internets BIG in December. Be prepared."

But this PS4 exclusive if the tweet had a English translation error when it said excluded and was originally meant to be the word exclusive, then I guess it's going to be a official trailer for Agent.

The original tweet says "exclu", which is an abbreviation for "exclusive".

I wonder WHY? If you allow rollovers in Arcade Mode/Career Mode then why can't a car flip onto it's roof in an online environment?

Maybe it would look weird and messy to a low-quality lobby. If you see someone trying to glitch-out of a track in a lobby, instead of seeing their car clip through the barriers, as what the person doing the glitch is seeing, their car instead looks like it's bouncing up and down repeatedly. It stops when the car clears itself from clipping.

Rollovers might look weird online then.

Seriously, if there is Seattle, Tahiti, etc. Paid or not, I will be very happy.

But you know the song: as long as it's not official, it's better to be careful. In the meantime, I look forward to reading the Jordan's news !

I agree with you on the "song" part; I am taking this load of news with a full crate of salt, not just a grain. Having a second Route X track as well as the old veteran tracks of GT4\GTPSP would be wonderful, but we don't really know if this is usable GT6 data or just leftover\non-available data.

Let's see what PD has to say about this...

If this is true, I wonder WHY? If you allow rollovers in Arcade Mode/Career Mode then why can't a car flip onto it's roof in an online environment?
In offline mode, you can hit the restart button
In online mode, you can't
they must implement, if not already done,
a way to put the car back on its four wheels after x seconds if the car is upside down or laying on the side

the ghosting of a car in that position is also something to decide

you all know how a mess it became after patch 1.xx
now a car that is a lap or more behind looks like a ghost
but can hit you on purpose when drove by a D***head wanting to ruin a race ..

with no rollover, no car will stay on the track blocking the others or making a child in tears because he can't finish the race

but it can be a totally different approach and phylosophy from PD

In offline mode, you can hit the restart button
In online mode, you can't
they must implement, if not already done,
a way to put the car back on its four wheels after x seconds if the car is upside down or laying on the side

the ghosting of a car in that position is also something to decide

you all know how a mess it became after patch 1.xx
now a car that is a lap or more behind looks like a ghost
but can hit you on purpose when drove by a D***head wanting to ruin a race ..

with no rollover, no car will stay on the track blocking the others or making a child in tears because he can't finish the race

but it can be a totally different approach and phylosophy from PD
Ok...I hear ya. Well, in A-Spec Seasonal Events there are some times when I'll crash so badly and then all of a sudden my car is back on the middle of the track, pointed in the proper direction. I would imagine PD could do that if a car ends up on its roof or side. I don't see the difference between having to avoid a flipped upside car and one that is facing the wrong way because it spun out. If anything, that backwards facing car is MORE dangerous because it's going to need to straighten itself out. So, that driver is going to have to pull some pretty dangerous maneuvers to get himself pointed in the right direction again.

Last edited:
In the meantime, I look forward to reading the Jordan's news !

... I can't wait to read Jordan's write up next week. :) hopefully we get some new information out of it.
I don't have any additional information about the courses, I just said I plan to feature @Whistle Snap's discoveries on the news blog, because they're interesting.

But don't you think this SSRX alternate route will make GT less of the real driving simulator? As said before , the track looks moded

But don't you think this SSRX alternate route will make GT less of the real driving simulator? As said before , the track looks moded

Not at all, thing is realistically it's quite dangerous to do what we'll attempt in the barrel tunnel it's not like it can't be done, it's just the cost of something of that magnitude and the recklessness of it all. Physics dictates that enough downforce and forward momentum you can by the numbers drive inverted. Real life = expense and death if you are off by a hair, don't assume because it hasn't be done it's not actually possible. Simulators purpose is to test things that in real life would be a massive cost just to test and fail, so they simulate until it's at a point where it's physically testable without incurring massive costs testing it's reliability. This is what simulators are made for, GT should have always had things like this in it, it's about time. Concept cars, one offs, cars that PD build with no real world counterpart, but definitely can be done IRL. I say more games should have this in it, it's a great thing. The Redbull fan car is definitely something that can be built and raced, but at sea level those G's would require special tires to be built to withstand the G-Forces during cornering, remember the Chapparal 2J(fan car). You should be happy and welcoming of the ability to try out things that would be otherwise prohibitively expensive this side of reality.

Not at all, thing is realistically it's quite dangerous to do what we'll attempt in the barrel tunnel it's not like it can't be done, it's just the cost of something of that magnitude and the recklessness of it all. Physics dictates that enough downforce and forward momentum you can by the numbers drive inverted. Real life = expense and death if you are off by a hair, don't assume because it hasn't be done it's not actually possible. Simulators purpose is to test things that in real life would be a massive cost just to test and fail, so they simulate until it's at a point where it's physically testable without incurring massive costs testing it's reliability. This is what simulators are made for, GT should have always had things like this in it, it's about time. Concept cars, one offs, cars that PD build with no real world counterpart, but definitely can be done IRL. I say more games should have this in it, it's a great thing. The Redbull fan car is definitely something that can be built and raced, but at sea level those G's would require special tires to be built to withstand the G-Forces during cornering, remember the Chapparal 2J(fan car). You should be happy and welcoming of the ability to try out things that would be otherwise prohibitively expensive this side of reality.
I think i'm a bit old-fashioned , think about GT as it was in the PS2 days.Maybe you are right but until( And if) PD will enter this track to the game we can only hypothesize.

Back