SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by KinLM, Nov 10, 2014.

?

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2014.
  1. Yes

48.1%
  2. No

51.9%
  1. BanditRa101801

BanditRa101801

The photos are similar, but they are different. First, the lighting on the top photo is brighter than the bottom. Also, the shadows are on a different angle from the top as compared to the bottom. Plus, in the far hairpin (left-hander) at the top of the pictures, the shadow appears to be thinner in the top photo than the bottom photo. Next, there are not as many manufacturer banners in the top photo, as opposed to the bottom, so even if it may be a shot from GT4, it is not a direct shot. Finally, I have noticed some of the tree objects are placed in slightly different spots, especially the palm tree at the far hairpin (left-hander).

Just as a disclosure, I am not 100% sold on the idea until there is confirmation from PD. But, the files discovered by @Whistle Snap are important, and I am glad someone took the time to dig deep. :gtplanet::cheers:

rixtar, sirjim73 and jontikis like this.
  2. Whistle Snap

Whistle Snap

[​IMG]

forgot to add this image:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  3. jontikis

jontikis

OMG!!!
    But I guess Matterhorn Rally doesn't exist in the track folder, right?

fortbo likes this.
  4. Cobaiye

Cobaiye

OMG that Matterhorn Rally Track !

jontikis likes this.
  5. pokemonfan58

pokemonfan58

Both of the images look identical. Of course it's the same track but since this is GT6 we're dealing with here, wouldn't there be a few graphical changes between the images? Like the one on the GT6 folder has the same graphics as the image from GT4. So if that's the case, then either this is fake or PD just took a picture of the track in GT4 and thought that it would be a great idea to put this picture in a GT6 folder.

6. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Can anyone fit this new Matterhorn layout onto the existing layouts? They might overlap somewhere.

Edit: seems to be somewhere between Riffelsee and Rotenboden, using parts of both tracks.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    sirjim73 likes this.
  7. jontikis

jontikis

True, but there are still some differences. The track banners are one of these. Lightning & shadow improvements probably came from a texture refreshment or something.

8. pokemonfan58

pokemonfan58

I think your response really beats mines. If Kaz would make racing games following safety rules based on real life racing. I think there would of not been a Redbull X1 as well as the 2J. I understand that they want players to get the feel of a car that would disobey regulations and I find it funny that I see you can use a car in a race knowing that it had a history of being banned from racing. However doing something as crazy for a game like GT6 that looks like something that should of been in the stuntman franchise which has been dead for years to me really doesn't fit GT6. The only way I repeat the only way that this would make it to GT6 as if they treat this as a special event. Like it should have somewhat a scoring system like the Sahara special event to see how many barrels you can do in the tunnel without failing. I can't explain it since some dingas on YouTube tried to test my intelligence so yeah.

I sorta want this route to be added to GT6 and I sorta don't want it.

BOSS_335 likes this.
  9. linoleum

linoleum

That two lane road with trees screams: track editor.

10. KazaMR2

KazaMR2

Is it just me or do the top 4 images look like GT5's course creator track selection screen?

11. jontikis

jontikis

If you take a run on both tracks, at some points you will see some blocked routes. Maybe it fits...

12. pokemonfan58

pokemonfan58

Well now I notice the banner changes which is far back in the background but wasn't so hard to notice. However it was a bit tough trying to know if there was any texture, lighting, and shadow improvements since it didn't seemed it changed that much. Thanks for pointing it out though.

sirjim73 and KinLM like this.
  13. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

Mmm what were (are) you planning PD???:scared: that Matterhorn rally track looks fun to drive

fortbo and dimassa19 like this.
  14. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Aren't those 4 photos at the top promotional shots of what the track editor could like prior to GT5's release?

ukfan758, Mustangmiha, fortbo and 5 others like this.
  15. jontikis

jontikis

The right picture from the bottom is similar to GT5's Liege theme. The rest three are probably new and based on tracks that we already have.

16. Beat the Beat

Beat the Beat

Some of them are, not sure about the snow one.

17. diegorborges

diegorborges

THAT TWO LANE COURSE MAKER THEME.

It's too much for me. I'll faint. The course maker will inject a lot of life into GT6, it must come this year.

DAMN. DAMN.

18. Zlork

Zlork

Calm down, guys.

These are just pictures - taken from GT4 -. Maybe these are projects that have been abandoned...

fortbo, Furinkazen, MrYasser and 2 others like this.
  19. diegorborges

diegorborges

Yes, but... if they read those messages, who knows. It's been a long time since I was excited about GT6... I'm trying to get in the mood again.

This December must not disappoint.

(and I already know what some of you will say)

20. jontikis

jontikis

If they exist from Ver. 1.00 it's maybe true. But no one is sure about it.

21. shirakawaa

shirakawaa Premium

Logged in just to say that the Rally variation of Matterhorn there might be a scrapped project / early version of this track, which ended up being paved.

research and MrYasser like this.
  22. Whistle Snap

Whistle Snap

@Downhill Dino

As I said they're the missing Course Maker themes, so legacy stuff, possibly the same with Matterhorn?

Nothing to do with GT6 but all the planned Course Maker themes in one image:

[​IMG]

23. jontikis

jontikis

Indeed... the lake of the second picture is very similar to the Riffelsee's one. But then again, the track layout looks a bit odd.

KinLM likes this.
  24. KinLM

KinLM

What seems odd to me is that the second snow one looks exactly like old Chamonix

MrYasser likes this.
  25. jontikis

jontikis

There should be a lake somewhere if it was the old Chamonix (Mont Blanc lake).

26. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

[​IMG]
    This is a pre-GT5 release promo shot of the course maker, it already has one of the "new" locations (right-bottom), and I remember seeing the other two screens before too.

27. KinLM

KinLM

Not in the back section, which is where this seems to be.

28. Jarnowke

Jarnowke

This is starting to get weird. Still hoping for something to happen with these things in the near future.

chzsln485, sk8er913, Davoxx and 2 others like this.
  29. pokemonfan58

pokemonfan58

Most of these tracks are from GT5's course editor *Well duh* but there are new ones. When you said "Nothing to do with GT6" did you mean these tracks, including the new ones were from GT5 and someone went into the game files and found these?

[EDIT]

Never mind. Someone pointed it out earlier that these were promo shots.

KinLM likes this.
  30. Huks

Huks Premium

Probably, yeah. If you look close, you can see that the textures on the Matterhorn itself and the surrounding mountains are completely different from the final version:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thinking about it, the rather low-resolution textures in the hidden Matterhorn shot make me wonder if the track was originally created for GTHD, never finished and then completely remade for GT6. It would make sense since GTHD was where Eiger Nordward, located not that far from Matterhorn, was introduced. [/baseless speculation]

ProjectF, Harsk100 and karelpipa like this.