SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The images that Whistle Snap has found about the circuit "Tahiti Maze" are directly taken from GT4.

Check

The image in the folder of GT6
tahiti_maze3.imgeuuw0.jpg

A image of GT4 Tahiti Maze
10273388_10203853497928037_7251586982692264045_o.jpg

The photos are similar, but they are different. First, the lighting on the top photo is brighter than the bottom. Also, the shadows are on a different angle from the top as compared to the bottom. Plus, in the far hairpin (left-hander) at the top of the pictures, the shadow appears to be thinner in the top photo than the bottom photo. Next, there are not as many manufacturer banners in the top photo, as opposed to the bottom, so even if it may be a shot from GT4, it is not a direct shot. Finally, I have noticed some of the tree objects are placed in slightly different spots, especially the palm tree at the far hairpin (left-hander).

Just as a disclosure, I am not 100% sold on the idea until there is confirmation from PD. But, the files discovered by @Whistle Snap are important, and I am glad someone took the time to dig deep. :gtplanet::cheers:

The images that Whistle Snap has found about the circuit "Tahiti Maze" are directly taken from GT4.

Check

The image in the folder of GT6
tahiti_maze3.imgeuuw0.jpg

A image of GT4 Tahiti Maze
10273388_10203853497928037_7251586982692264045_o.jpg
Both of the images look identical. Of course it's the same track but since this is GT6 we're dealing with here, wouldn't there be a few graphical changes between the images? Like the one on the GT6 folder has the same graphics as the image from GT4. So if that's the case, then either this is fake or PD just took a picture of the track in GT4 and thought that it would be a great idea to put this picture in a GT6 folder.

Both of the images look identical. Of course it's the same track but since this is GT6 we're dealing with here, wouldn't there be a few graphical changes between the images? Like the one on the GT6 folder has the same graphics as the image from GT4. So if that's the case, then either this is fake or PD just took a picture of the track in GT4 and thought that it would be a great idea to put this picture in a GT6 folder.
True, but there are still some differences. The track banners are one of these. Lightning & shadow improvements probably came from a texture refreshment or something.

Not at all, thing is realistically it's quite dangerous to do what we'll attempt in the barrel tunnel it's not like it can't be done, it's just the cost of something of that magnitude and the recklessness of it all. Physics dictates that enough downforce and forward momentum you can by the numbers drive inverted. Real life = expense and death if you are off by a hair, don't assume because it hasn't be done it's not actually possible. Simulators purpose is to test things that in real life would be a massive cost just to test and fail, so they simulate until it's at a point where it's physically testable without incurring massive costs testing it's reliability. This is what simulators are made for, GT should have always had things like this in it, it's about time. Concept cars, one offs, cars that PD build with no real world counterpart, but definitely can be done IRL. I say more games should have this in it, it's a great thing. The Redbull fan car is definitely something that can be built and raced, but at sea level those G's would require special tires to be built to withstand the G-Forces during cornering, remember the Chapparal 2J(fan car). You should be happy and welcoming of the ability to try out things that would be otherwise prohibitively expensive this side of reality.
I think your response really beats mines. If Kaz would make racing games following safety rules based on real life racing. I think there would of not been a Redbull X1 as well as the 2J. I understand that they want players to get the feel of a car that would disobey regulations and I find it funny that I see you can use a car in a race knowing that it had a history of being banned from racing. However doing something as crazy for a game like GT6 that looks like something that should of been in the stuntman franchise which has been dead for years to me really doesn't fit GT6. The only way I repeat the only way that this would make it to GT6 as if they treat this as a special event. Like it should have somewhat a scoring system like the Sahara special event to see how many barrels you can do in the tunnel without failing. I can't explain it since some dingas on YouTube tried to test my intelligence so yeah.

I sorta want this route to be added to GT6 and I sorta don't want it.

Can anyone fit this new Matterhorn layout onto the existing layouts? They might overlap somewhere.

Edit: seems to be somewhere between Riffelsee and Rotenboden, using parts of both tracks.
If you take a run on both tracks, at some points you will see some blocked routes. Maybe it fits...

True, but there are still some differences. The track banners are one of these. Lightning & shadow improvements probably came from a texture refreshment or something.
Well now I notice the banner changes which is far back in the background but wasn't so hard to notice. However it was a bit tough trying to know if there was any texture, lighting, and shadow improvements since it didn't seemed it changed that much. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Aren't those 4 photos at the top promotional shots of what the track editor could like prior to GT5's release?
The right picture from the bottom is similar to GT5's Liege theme. The rest three are probably new and based on tracks that we already have.

Calm down, guys.

These are just pictures - taken from GT4 -. Maybe these are projects that have been abandoned...

Yes, but... if they read those messages, who knows. It's been a long time since I was excited about GT6... I'm trying to get in the mood again.

This December must not disappoint.

(and I already know what some of you will say)

Logged in just to say that the Rally variation of Matterhorn there might be a scrapped project / early version of this track, which ended up being paved.
Indeed... the lake of the second picture is very similar to the Riffelsee's one. But then again, the track layout looks a bit odd.

@Downhill Dino

As I said they're the missing Course Maker themes, so legacy stuff, possibly the same with Matterhorn?

Nothing to do with GT6 but all the planned Course Maker themes in one image:

untitled-1b7q0w.jpg
Most of these tracks are from GT5's course editor *Well duh* but there are new ones. When you said "Nothing to do with GT6" did you mean these tracks, including the new ones were from GT5 and someone went into the game files and found these?

[EDIT]

Never mind. Someone pointed it out earlier that these were promo shots.

Logged in just to say that the Rally variation of Matterhorn there might be a scrapped project / early version of this track, which ended up being paved.

Probably, yeah. If you look close, you can see that the textures on the Matterhorn itself and the surrounding mountains are completely different from the final version:
matterhorn_01.jpg

matterhorn.imgy3r8k.jpg

Thinking about it, the rather low-resolution textures in the hidden Matterhorn shot make me wonder if the track was originally created for GTHD, never finished and then completely remade for GT6. It would make sense since GTHD was where Eiger Nordward, located not that far from Matterhorn, was introduced. [/baseless speculation]

Latest Posts

Back