SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of these tracks are from GT5's course editor *Well duh* but there are new ones. When you said "Nothing to do with GT6" did you mean these tracks, including the new ones were from GT5 and someone went into the game files and found these?

[EDIT]

Never mind. Someone pointed it out earlier that these were promo shots.

Well I see that there isn't anyway we'd see these tracks being released onto GT5 as the community knows that the servers got closed down. There's a small chance we could see this track make it to GT6 when Kaz finally decides it's time to bring in the course maker.

Logged in just to say that the Rally variation of Matterhorn there might be a scrapped project / early version of this track, which ended up being paved.

I agree the picture looks like it shows an early version of the hairpin goes that under the rail bridge with matching buildings in the same place, I don't think there's room to add an off road track there.

Probably, yeah. If you look close, you can see that the textures on the Matterhorn itself and the surrounding mountains are completely different from the final version:
matterhorn_01.jpg

matterhorn.imgy3r8k.jpg

Thinking about it, the rather low-resolution textures in the hidden Matterhorn shot make me wonder if the track was originally created for GTHD, never finished and then completely remade for GT6. It would make sense since GTHD was where Eiger Nordward, located not that far from Matterhorn, was introduced. [/baseless speculation]
So Eiger Nordward and Matterhorn are sorta twins now!? :odd:

It's a bit ironic though that I recently just took a pic today of my General Lee replica doing a wheelie on Eiger.

Yes, but... if they read those messages, who knows. It's been a long time since I was excited about GT6... I'm trying to get in the mood again.

This December must not disappoint.

(and I already know what some of you will say)

The next update will arrive in late November. Maybe, an another update in December but we are not there yet. One thing at a time.

There are still three features promised. So first, I will hope that there will at least one of these three features in the next update.

Is that the next update will be disappointing? No. I'm sure at 99% :)

Probably, yeah. If you look close, you can see that the textures on the Matterhorn itself and the surrounding mountains are completely different from the final version:
matterhorn_01.jpg

matterhorn.imgy3r8k.jpg

Thinking about it, the rather low-resolution textures in the hidden Matterhorn shot make me wonder if the track was originally created for GTHD, never finished and then completely remade for GT6. It would make sense since GTHD was where Eiger Nordward, located not that far from Matterhorn, was introduced. [/baseless speculation]

This is clearly a project that was abandoned. That's why it should not be too excited by these pictures ;)

So Eiger Nordward and Matterhorn are sorta twins now!? :odd:

It's a bit ironic though that I recently just took a pic today of my General Lee replica doing a wheelie on Eiger.

I remembered wrong; there's about 75 kilometres between Matterhorn and Eiger, which is a lot longer than I thought. It was Grindelwald from GT2 that was located only a couple of kilometres away from Eiger.

Finally something interesting about GT6.

The END OF CANT sign on SSRX appears again. Im kinda feared by these signs. :))
Almost forgot about them. :)

Its really like Rollcage in the tunnel and like Ridge Racer on the twisty banked road outside the tunnel.

Matterhorn Rally looks like PS2 / PSP era game. Same applies for Tahiti Maze, Valencia.

But the Course Creator is still on top of the list.

Oh dear so many things abandoned down the road...

Let's see what PD comes up with in the next updates but it seems something interesting is being cooked lately, actually... it is about time.

I'd be careful about the news being shared in this thread as it might get locked up. I'd suggest that @KinLM change the thread's title if he doesn't want that to happen...

Poll doesn't make sense. It's already in the game. :P I don't believe we'll ever see it playable. It's hidden after all but it wouldn't be surprising if it did get unlocked.
I mean "playable" by "in the game". It's useless being in the game if it can't be played. I think most people could infer that.

Why I voted 'no' on the poll:

The first thing you have to do is take a realistic standpoint here with Polyphony Digital. You can be an optimistic but in the end you won't be getting anywhere along the path without ending up disappointed. A totally pessimistic view isn't the way to go either.

No onto why I think this Special Stage Route X layout will not be coming out any time soon. This hidden track or whatever it's supposed to be has been there since GT5's DLC release of SSRX. So that was 2-3 years ago. Factor that in with PD's mysterious methods and you get a track never too be seen again. I just do not think they're going to release for GT players to drive on.

You can tell there are tons of hidden items deep inside every Gran Turismo game. Lots of them are leftovers from previous iterations while others have never seen daylight. Have you heard anything official from PD themselves about these tracks? Not me. Whatever is secret, stays secret.

Back