Standard cars ARE in GT6. (100% confirmed)

• Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 1,429 comments
The x86 Architecture will enable better and faster development for Standard to Premium Car Conversion, mainly because it easier to process through that type of CPU. A Cell Architecture is harder because of the CPU being Custom made. Appealing to the CPU takes a lot of potential from the Standard to Premium Car Conversion because there are tons of limitations. The Cell Architecture CPU isn't really fast fast enough to process more than the several hundred Premium Cars that GT5 has to offer. This is why GT7 will certainly have more potential. Despite the x86-64 CPU, it's barely custom made, appealing for the the high optimization and performance, so the frame-rates will stay relatively above 45. Of course we need to remember that the GPU also plays a hand in this. Considering that the GPU is going to have the performance that's relatively close to the Radeon HD 7870, coupled with efficient optimization from the CPU, GT7 will probably end up being "mind-blowing". Although it's up to the Developers and Programmers to fully utilize the hardware that the PS4 has.

What are you talking about? Stop using buzzwords and speak English.

They don't make the models on a PS3 or on a PS4. They make them on a PC workstation.

If the Cell can display one Premium, it can display as many as you can feed it the information for. Not all at the same time, obviously, but since you mentioned hundreds I guess you can figure that out.

As Griff said, it's no different making a Premium for PS3 or PS4.

Making a graphics program to display them is a different matter, but that's unrelated to how difficult/time consuming they are to model.

What are you talking about? Stop using buzzwords and speak English.

They don't make the models on a PS3 or on a PS4. They make them on a PC workstation.

If the Cell can display one Premium, it can display as many as you can feed it the information for. Not all at the same time, obviously, but since you mentioned hundreds I guess you can figure that out.

As Griff said, it's no different making a Premium for PS3 or PS4.

Making a graphics program to display them is a different matter, but that's unrelated to how difficult/time consuming they are to model.

That information is based on the research data I have compiled. Sorry, when it comes to tech, I kinda get off the rails with my English. lol

What research? Apart from the raw specifications, pretty much everything you're describing the processor as doing is incorrect.

Well then. I'm sorry for providing false information. I see that I'm wrong and I won't provide any more information about my research.

Their choices in deciding to what car will be premium has been dissapointing. I dont get how they made a premium model of the '88 supra and not the newer one. I honestly dont see the logic in that.

Their choices in deciding to what car will be premium has been dissapointing. I dont get how they made a premium model of the '88 supra and not the newer one. I honestly dont see the logic in that.

I agree, maybe the MKIV was harder to model inside or something, who knows.

The x86 Architecture will enable better and faster development for Standard to Premium Car Conversion, mainly because it easier to process through that type of CPU. A Cell Architecture is harder because of the CPU being Custom made. Appealing to the CPU takes a lot of potential from the Standard to Premium Car Conversion because there are tons of limitations.

Modeling is being done on PCs.

The Cell Architecture CPU isn't really fast fast enough to process more than the several hundred Premium Cars that GT5 has to offer. This is why GT7 will certainly have more potential. Despite the x86-64 CPU, it's barely custom made, appealing for the the high optimization and performance, so the frame-rates will stay relatively above 45. Of course we need to remember that the GPU also plays a hand in this. Considering that the GPU is going to have the performance that's relatively close to the Radeon HD 7870, coupled with efficient optimization from the CPU, GT7 will probably end up being "mind-blowing". Although it's up to the Developers and Programmers to fully utilize the hardware that the PS4 has

It's like random words from different wikipedia articles stiched together.

My favourite part:

so the frame-rates will stay relatively above 45

Last edited:
I don't know if this was discussed but, wouldn't PD make new(current model year/new to GT6/new to the next generation of GT players) standard cars if they're making the mobile versions of GT6? just like PSP have the special GT-R, Enzo, Countach, etc. I would think GT6 allows me to transfer progress from my Vita and GT6 app. What about the special cars I get by purchasing GT6 Vita? will the main game still not have a playable FPV GT(as example) to transfer from my mobile version?

eran0004
If quality is defined as form without content, then yes. I agree that those mountains are amazing to watch, but when I'm playing a car game I'm expecting to see cars.

I understand that they're proud of the amazing scenery they stitched together, but they need to know when to kill their darlings. That's my opinion anyway, and that's what was asked for.

Im not talking about the scenery. Im talking about the car models themselves, and GT5s are far inferior

I've only seen pictures. In person and such, never seen one.

That's just unlucky. They exist, and they're not horribly rare. It's an older car so you might not see them all the time, but they're hardly impossible to find.

If you're PD you just look up the classifieds, find one for sale that hasn't been molestered, offer the owner $500 to borrow it for the day and you're done. Easy squeezy.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure Toyota will have a few untouched ones knocking around somewhere, even if they were rare.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure Toyota will have a few untouched ones knocking around somewhere, even if they were rare.

Or collectors or whatever. I'm sure there must be a Japanese equivalent of Jay Leno out there somewhere.

What's the point? The 2000 version is in GT5.

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Coupe

1999-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-ford-mustang-9.jpg

-4.6 V8 320HP
-5 Speed Manual Transmission/5 Speed Auto
-Just your daily, fully loaded Mustang cruiser with extra HP and a few other improvements.

2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R

Cobra-R-pic.jpg

-5.4 V8 385HP
-6 Speed Manual Transmission
-Back seat, A/C, Sound system, cruise control delete
-Recaro seats
-X-pipe Borla exhaust system
-Unique 18 spoke wheels
-Larger 13 inch, 4 piston calipers (in the front) Brembo brakes
-High performance Bilstein suspension with Eibach shocks
-Racing fuel cell
-Only 300 made

Yes; the R model is a whole different beast. The same cannot be said for some Nissan GTR R34 models and Mazda Roadsters that are just trim options with no performance differences whatsoever. Same thing goes with some Toyota models like the Soarer and Lexus SC430. There are like four when only two would be okay. The US Lexus and the Japanese Toyota. Or as I've mentioned before, the Renault Clios and Renault Lutecias.

In the interview:

Will there be “Standard Cars” in GT6?

We won’t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won’t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn’t be used in Photo Mode. That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it.

In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we’ve updated so they look better.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-standardpremium-cars/

This implies not all of the standard models will be improved, and worries me a little bit.

Some are better than other, but aren't nearly all the standards bad quality and look like they were copied and pasted from GT4? I really hope they improve the quality of all the standards.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

In the interview:

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-standardpremium-cars/

This implies not all of the standard models will be improved, and worries me a little bit.

Some are better than other, but aren't nearly all the standards bad quality and look like they were copied and pasted from GT4? I really hope they improve the quality of all the standards.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

He's talking about the really 🤬 ones. Anyone that has a f150, Ruf, r34 or pretty much any race car would know what he's talking about.

I 'am hopeing for at least some sort of interior imagery not the black silhouette. Put Me inside the car with working gauges I could live with that.

Since GT6 has adaptive tessalation and GT5 has ps2 cars, does this mean that the standard cars will look better? almost like the GTR concept

Since GT6 has adaptive tessalation and GT5 has ps2 cars, does this mean that the standard cars will look better? almost like the GTR concept

They can be made to look smoother, in terms of polygons (so we're talking silhouetting here), but not more detailed - in some cases that may look weird, e.g. where a sharp crease should be (but wasn't modeled in detail for PS2), you get a rounded hump instead. What'd be really cool is if it's saved for screen-space edges only.

The bigger problem is still the texture detail, and that's really where the details like "creases" are added anyway on these cars; I'm not sure what PD will do on that front.

That would be akin to the enhance button on CSI. You can't get more quality out than what you put in.

What it does is make objects look as good as necessary. Hundreds of thousands of polys aren't necessary at a distance, AT allows efficiency in distant objects to conserve processor power. It has nothing to do with the quality/detail.

The fact that standard now have working wipers and flashlights and some improvement in detail, whether it be just teselation or something more, that all is fine and I am fine with it either.

"Will there be “Standard Cars” in GT6?

We won’t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won’t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them."

Meaning: there is no funtional differences between them now.

Last edited:
Meaning: there is no funtional differences between them now.

Which is great.

I imagine the majority of the visual differences will remain though. And it's somewhat debatable whether a cockpit view constitutes a functional difference or a visual one.

Back