Standard cars ARE in GT6. (100% confirmed)

• Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 1,429 comments
When there are 800 standard models as opposed to 400 premium ones, I wouldn't call the standards a "bonus." I'd call them the norm.

They are a norm that is being phased out slowly to the new norm which is premium. At least that is the hope, there is nothing conclusive that I remember seeing from Kaz and PD that says GT will have all premium type cars at some point, it's just a optimistic hope from everyone.

They are a norm that is being phased out slowly to the new norm which is premium. At least that is the hope, there is nothing conclusive that I remember seeing from Kaz and PD that says GT will have all premium type cars at some point, it's just a optimistic hope from everyone.

They're not being phased out at all, as can be seen by the standard versions of premium cars still existing.

I get that, and obviously there will come a time when standard cars from the PS2 era will become a thing of the past. What will be interesting to see is if Polyphony takes a similar approach and makes the current GT5/6 premiums into standards for GT7. IMO, the current premium models are so detailed already that I think they would work well as the benchmark for the next generation. The improved lighting and texturing that the PS4 allows should make them look brand new in GT7.

I wasn't talking about FM's auction house. I'm actually just talking about an online UCD, where you sell your car for a more realistic value then we usually get and it goes to an online database where people can search through and potentially buy it for the UCD price. However, to expand on that if they did such a thing it should also extend to three options: Sell, Auction or Trade. Thus it will bring users even closer.

Yeah that would be great indeed 👍

That's a good idea, but a whole worldwide database would be too big. A more simplified version would be to just give everyone their own UCD with say.....20 slots....similar to how the share dealie works now. Meaning someone would have to be on your friend list to view your dealership.

With GT6 having far more deep customization, it would be kool all the themed user dealerships we'd get here in the Marketplace......tuning shops and the like.

hmm what i add here may not be of any importance

however i believe that most of the variants(even with huge diffrences) are using the same base in a 3d model file at points the only thing that changes i badge or a wing

well played kaz well played

Well, a little perspective and all that. Some people around here seem to think I need a lot of perspective. :D

But anyway, I'm hopeful that since the Standards aren't going to be segregated anymore, there will be Premiums in the UCD too. And I want to echo what a few have said about a Forza-like Auction House, as well as a UCD for cars we want to sell. Turn 10 developed a very mature system for Forza, and GT6 really needs something similar. An online Used Dealership along with an Auction House would work well together. The UCD for basic flat price sales, and the AH for better cars people will want to fight over and drive up the price.

Oh, quick edit. I did come across three polls about Standard cars, and as I recalled, they're a pretty well mixed outcome.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8609164

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8578008

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8515109

The only way an auction house like Forza would work in GT6 is if you have something that makes cars unique. This would mean tunes and liveries would have to be part of GT6 else it wouldn't work very well. If we get an auction house then we wouldn't need the UCD as much, in fact the OCD would actually be great as PD themselves could add special livery models of cars direct from their design team.
This would have to be something that was built into the game from the beginning though, afterthought things don't really work as well as pre-planned ideas.

Well, a little perspective and all that. Some people around here seem to think I need a lot of perspective. :D

But anyway, I'm hopeful that since the Standards aren't going to be segregated anymore, there will be Premiums in the UCD too. And I want to echo what a few have said about a Forza-like Auction House, as well as a UCD for cars we want to sell. Turn 10 developed a very mature system for Forza, and GT6 really needs something similar. An online Used Dealership along with an Auction House would work well together. The UCD for basic flat price sales, and the AH for better cars people will want to fight over and drive up the price.

Now a nice feature could be an online UCD.
ie. someone sells his Mustang and depending on the tuning (which wouldn't be lost) and the mileage on it, the game would set a price on it, and if someone buys it the seller gets his money... but since then every car (probably) would be highly tuned, the game would pop some stock car here and there.
This could also go along with an AH though.

And Turn 10 are light years behind PD in Model accuracy and scale.

Really. Watch a replay in Forza 4 and GT5 (immediate released version - no DLC) and tell me which one looks better. U know, itl be the one with no graphical glitching on the car models. PD may have improved it using DLC (cheaters way out if u ask me), but i didnt stick with GT5 for long.

Compare the FM4 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR to GT5 premium Skyline R32 GTR :) FM4 has bad model on the R32 GTR :( Not all of the cars are accurate, some looks like have been carried over from FM3 with minor update ( R32 GTR for example ).

Compare the FM4 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR to GT5 premium Skyline R32 GTR :) FM4 has bad model on the R32 GTR :( Not all of the cars are accurate, some looks like have been carried over from FM3 with minor update ( R32 GTR for example ).

Could have fooled me. I just can't pay attention to this type of stuff.

Yeah but on the whole, FM4 is a miles better looking game. I don't pause and zoom in to see if the patterns on the headlights are accurate. Im not that anal

Really. Watch a replay in Forza 4 and GT5 (immediate released version - no DLC) and tell me which one looks better. U know, itl be the one with no graphical glitching on the car models. PD may have improved it using DLC (cheaters way out if u ask me), but i didnt stick with GT5 for long.

Alright. I watched these: http://youtubedoubler.com/9htG

(The first search result of "Forza 4 replay" vs the first result of "GT5 replay")

In the GT5 replay, the screen is filled up with cars, they are the centerpiece of the show.
In the FM4 replay, the screen is filled up with Switzerland while the actual race is playing the second violin (or even the viola?).

I prefer GT5, when I watch a replay I want to see the race. If I want to watch Switzerland, I either go there or google for alps.

And out of curiosity, what has DLC got to do with it and why is it cheating?

Alright. I watched these: http://youtubedoubler.com/9htG

(The first search result of "Forza 4 replay" vs the first result of "GT5 replay")

In the GT5 replay, the screen is filled up with cars, they are the centerpiece of the show.
In the FM4 replay, the screen is filled up with Switzerland while the actual race is playing the second violin (or even the viola?).

I prefer GT5, when I watch a replay I want to see the race. If I want to watch Switzerland, I either go there or google for alps.

And out of curiosity, what has DLC got to do with it and why is it cheating?

DLC is what developers add when they know they've forgotten something or messed up. Look closely at the car models on a replay of GT5 - glitchy, graphical mess, with polygons going in and out/folding over each other, especially the number plates. Now look at FM4. Silky smooth and detailed.

This isn't a Forza vs GT thread folks....

Yeah il stop, kinda got away there. But on one final note, look closely at the youtube video posted above. Sure the GT5 one focuses on the cars, but it's clear to see which game hasthe higher quality visuals

Could have fooled me. I just can't pay attention to this type of stuff.

Really ? I've seen R32 GTR in the flesh, the moment I looked at FM4 model when I played it at a friend's place, I noticed it immediately - it looks weird. Then when I get home and play GT5, I found the R32 very accurate compared to real life. Maybe because I am a fan of Japanese sports cars.

This quote might give clearer explanation of the FM4 model :

Now that they've increased the polygons on this atrocious model, I can see that the bumper lip is wrong, the front fender's lips are wrong, the rear quarters are...I can't even describe it, the rear spats are wrong and the rear bumper is wrong. I can't recall the rims depicted ever being on the BNR chassis. First, the stock offset is +30. The offset depicted seems close to +10 +0. Also, the V Spec edition had an optional BBS rim package that has absolutely no resemblance to the depicted model's.

Yeah il stop, kinda got away there. But on one final note, look closely at the youtube video posted above. Sure the GT5 one focuses on the cars, but it's clear to see which game hasthe higher quality visuals

If quality is defined as form without content, then yes. I agree that those mountains are amazing to watch, but when I'm playing a car game I'm expecting to see cars.

I understand that they're proud of the amazing scenery they stitched together, but they need to know when to kill their darlings. That's my opinion anyway, and that's what was asked for.

They're not being phased out at all, as can be seen by the standard versions of premium cars still existing.

I usually agree with you and you probably know this, but how can you say that it isn't being phased out. If it took PD, five iterations to give us cockpits then I'm sure at some point we will have all premium cars:dopey::dopey::dopey:. And really from a logical objective standpoint, PD are adding only premium cars it would seem while just updating the standards we had in GT5. In other words they are trying to reel back and I'm sure they'll start converting to premiums which seems to take them longer than anyone else in the business (which is a major issue I have with them).

Yeah that would be great indeed 👍

Thanks 👍

That's a good idea, but a whole worldwide database would be too big. A more simplified version would be to just give everyone their own UCD with say.....20 slots....similar to how the share dealie works now. Meaning someone would have to be on your friend list to view your dealership.

With GT6 having far more deep customization, it would be kool all the themed user dealerships we'd get here in the Marketplace......tuning shops and the like.

If Game Freak can do it with pokemon then why couldn't PD with GT?

Are they adding only new Premium cars to GT6?

Not all of the new models in GT5 were Premium (XFR, and if you want to be loose with the definition of "new", there were half a dozen others that were built as Standard at the same time that PD was making Premium cars), and I don't recall them saying specifically that all of the new cars would be Premium. At the very least I wouldn't write off the idea that if they don't have time to make a car as a Premium, they'll make it as a Standard instead; since that is what most likely happened for the Standards made after GT4.

Not all of the new models in GT5 were Premium (XFR, and if you want to be loose with the definition of "new", there were half a dozen others that were built as Standard at the same time that PD was making Premium cars), and I don't recall them saying specifically that all of the new cars would be Premium. At the very least I wouldn't write off the idea that if they don't have time to make a car as a Premium, they'll make it as a Standard instead; since that is what most likely happened for the Standards made after GT4.

I think that's simply a result of GT PSP and also cars made after GT4 like you said. Don't remember if that Jaguar was in GT PSP, but several others like the Countaches, Veyron, etc. I certainly wouldn't expect any more new standards, unless it's simply an old asset that wasn't in GT5.

Tornado

I'm not sure whether you know what GT5' secret menu is or not, but if you do, you can see the track list there. There are 4 layouts of top gear for example, 1 with weather change. And the tracks are listed by the time they had been made - being the tracks from GT5 prologue first, then Sarthe and Nurburgring which were obviously priority for PD. Guess which track is the last one? Right! The lowest quality Trial mountain.

Which makes me thinking the quality really depended just on what priority a track is as you can see Nurburgring is the best track made in GT5 imo.

And this almost certainly happened with cars too, PD just couldn't finish them in time to be premium. (interiors are the hardest thing to make as we know).

This all hopefully isn't the problem of GT6 and all tracks will be "premium" too.

Edit: I can make some footage of it if you're interested (or someone else).

Hold on though, I think it is far more likely that if they run out of time, that it will be sold as DLC. So which is worse? I think both are equally bad for varying reasons. Look I usually stand with you guys on this topic, but the point I'm making is PD will probably go full Premium (which will just be normal) at some point. PD obviously are willing to go to any low, either releasing cars that were set to be on the game for DLC as premiums, or selling DLC cars that were standard then converted to premium. Rather then replacing the original standard for a new premium to take its place.

I think Standard cars in GT6 is great news! There is too much great cars in that bunch to be thrown away. You can't make them all Premium anyway.

What an epic, epic burn it would be if many of the "new" cars turned out to be revived standards from GT3 and 4, brought back by "fan popularity"...lol..:lol::banghead:

What an epic, epic burn it would be if many of the "new" cars turned out to be revived standards from GT3 and 4, brought back by "fan popularity"...lol..:lol::banghead:

I think pretty much every car from GT 4 is already in GT5 and probably 6, and every car in GT3 is in GT4, with a few changes with concepts being replaced with street models. That means they'd already have them :D, talk about PD being psychic O_o!

I don't think that any of the new cars will be standards tbh, PD had about 2-3 years to develop the game, which is enough time to make 200 PS3 quality cars. Although, I think the dlc and update cars from GT5 (except for the GT academy 2012, stealth, and chromlines) will be part of the 200 new cars listed.

I do have a theory for how the standards will be premiumized; PD will probably have about 10-20 standards from GT5 be premiums for GT6 at launch and they'll add more premiumized standards in either updates or dlc.

I guess one thing we don't know for sure is if the time to make 1 premium car on PS4/x86 hardware is quicker than it took them on PS3/Cell...

Can anyone shed light on this?

I guess one thing we don't know for sure is if the time to make 1 premium car on PS4/x86 hardware is quicker than it took them on PS3/Cell...

Can anyone shed light on this?

The x86 Architecture will enable better and faster development for Standard to Premium Car Conversion, mainly because it easier to process through that type of CPU. A Cell Architecture is harder because of the CPU being Custom made. Appealing to the CPU takes a lot of potential from the Standard to Premium Car Conversion because there are tons of limitations. The Cell Architecture CPU isn't really fast fast enough to process more than the several hundred Premium Cars that GT5 has to offer. This is why GT7 will certainly have more potential. Despite the x86-64 CPU, it's barely custom made, appealing for the the high optimization and performance, so the frame-rates will stay relatively above 45. Of course we need to remember that the GPU also plays a hand in this. Considering that the GPU is going to have the performance that's relatively close to the Radeon HD 7870, coupled with efficient optimization from the CPU, GT7 will probably end up being "mind-blowing". Although it's up to the Developers and Programmers to fully utilize the hardware that the PS4 has.

Back