"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
In my personal opinion, these are, hands-down, the Best-looking and the Worst-looking standard cars in the entire game:
BEST-LOOKING STANDARD: Ford RS200 Rally Car '85
ford_rs200_rally_car__85_by_gt6_garage-d7dxj0e.jpg

The model is very smooth and the decals are crystal-clear.

WORST-LOOKING STANDARD: Hommell Berlinette
hommell_berlinette_r_s_coupe__99_by_gt6_garage-d74899t.jpg

Just look at the tail-lamp housings on this thing! And the rest of the car doesn't look much better. This car is definitely in the biggest need of a premium upgrade come GT7.

In my personal opinion, these are, hands-down, the Best-looking and the Worst-looking standard cars in the entire game:
BEST-LOOKING STANDARD: Ford RS200 Rally Car '85
ford_rs200_rally_car__85_by_gt6_garage-d7dxj0e.jpg

The model is very smooth and the decals are crystal-clear.

WORST-LOOKING STANDARD: Hommell Berlinette
hommell_berlinette_r_s_coupe__99_by_gt6_garage-d74899t.jpg

Just look at the tail-lamp housings on this thing! And the rest of the car doesn't look much better. This car is definitely in the biggest need of a premium upgrade come GT7.

Until you see at the Swedish Rally logo in the RS200... ;)

I got bored at work today and read the whole 133 page story of the Standard gt6 car on this thread.
Some ups, and downs, overall an 8/10. Mikhial K seems to be popular for those comparison pics. Would love to see more of that

Get ready for some serious jaggy action...

:crazy:
Sometimes I think how much it's a shame that some of the most iconic cars, like the Charger, in GT6 are left standard. Meanwhile kei cars and even duplicates, like the 1989&1991 Miatas, received the premium upgrade.

Word of advice to PD: make better decisions when you choose cars to get the premium treatment. Think about the cars people really want to see premium as a a whole, like this Charger, the Supra, and a few others

Last edited:
Sometimes I think how much it's a shame that some of the most iconic cars, like the Charger, in GT6 are left standard. Meanwhile kei cars and even duplicates, like the 1989&1991 Miatas, received the premium upgrade.

Word of advice to PD: make better decisions when you choose cars to get the premium treatment. Think about the cars people really want to see premium as a a whole, like this Charger, the Supra, and a few others
I definitely dig what your saying, but in the end at least we can drive them. I'm praying in GT7 a lot of these standards get converted to premium. I might be one of the few though that want to see all these cars in GT7, hopefully if they bring the standards over they clean them up dramatically. Jersey in the house!:cheers:

I definitely dig what your saying, but in the end at least we can drive them. I'm praying in GT7 a lot of these standards get converted to premium. I might be one of the few though that want to see all these cars in GT7, hopefully if they bring the standards over they clean them up dramatically.
Yes, driving these standards in GT6 is definitely better than not having them at all. The experience driving a standard car though, it's just not the same as driving a premium car.
I'm praying in GT7 a lot of these standards get converted to premium.
Hate to burst your bubble but last year, Kaz did say there would still be standard quality cars in GT, and a few (how much is a few?) will become premium.

Keep in mind that they have to get an example of the car in its STOCK form to get scans of for the rendering process. With the Charger coming from America, and stock-level Supras becoming harder and harder to come by, it'll be hard for polyphony to find a collector with the cars needed.

Keep in mind that they have to get an example of the car in its STOCK form to get scans of for the rendering process. With the Charger coming from America, and stock-level Supras becoming harder and harder to come by, it'll be hard for polyphony to find a collector with the cars needed.
So how are every other car game developer able to get these cars accurately represented in their games?

Factories probable have those cars in stock form, and they are partner with PD. PD dont go from houce to houce and ask owner to picture their car. I think that factory have minimum one car that stays in.

>muh speed

Simply put, because they are considered slow. When tuned however, they can give fun not found in faster cars. ;)
Gt is game about all cars not just fast super cars. Am enjoying to drive, slow cars like Nissan Micra, WW Lupo, Fiat Punto. Also wagon cars like Impreza, Audi RS6 avant. And that is what I like in GT, game have every day cars in game not just 300+ km/h cars.

Gt is game about all cars not just fast super cars. Am enjoying to drive, slow cars like Nissan Micra, WW Lupo, Fiat Punto. Also wagon cars like Impreza, Audi RS6 avant. And that is what I like in GT, game have every day cars in game not just 300+ km/h cars.

Also, some of the slower cars, such as Honda Civic and Mini Cooper, are considered popular. ;)

SVX
What makes kei cars not worthy to get premium?
I didn't say that all Kei cars aren't worthy of an upgrade.

Kei like the Honda Beat, Suzuki Alto RS-Z, and the Toyota Sports 800 are definitely worthy of premium. They have some history and are fun to drive, and the Alto hasn't been updated since GT3. Kei cars like the Daihatsu Moves, the Honda Today and Mitsubishi Minica don't have as much thrill as the other ones and are less worthy of a premium upgrade.

Back