"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by bodger, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Raymond_Racer

Raymond_Racer

In my personal opinion, these are, hands-down, the Best-looking and the Worst-looking standard cars in the entire game:
    BEST-LOOKING STANDARD: Ford RS200 Rally Car '85
    [​IMG]

The model is very smooth and the decals are crystal-clear.

WORST-LOOKING STANDARD: Hommell Berlinette
    [​IMG]

Just look at the tail-lamp housings on this thing! And the rest of the car doesn't look much better. This car is definitely in the biggest need of a premium upgrade come GT7.

2. Raymond_Racer

Raymond_Racer

You can't paint the DOME-ZERO.

3. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Which proves why I haven't played GT6 in a while :)

I forgot which cars are or aren't paintable.

4. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks okay so far, right? Well...

[​IMG]

Yeah...At least the Honda NSX '90 looks decent...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Get ready for some serious jaggy action...

[​IMG]

:crazy:

5. tankuroded

tankuroded

Until you see at the Swedish Rally logo in the RS200... ;)

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  6. nocturnalgrey

nocturnalgrey

I don't mind the Standards (though I hope they don't appear in GT7), even with the zoomed in jag-fest that exists. With that said, they should have cleaned those up before sticking them in the GT6.

ProjectF, Aero2000 and MidFieldMaven like this.
  7. HDT Commodore

HDT Commodore

Back in 2005 we would have said "look at the detail!"

8. Raymond_Racer

Raymond_Racer

Other than the Swedish rally logo, the decals are FAR better than most standards in the game. Especially the Pirelli, Shell and Bilstein logos.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  9. Dylan

Dylan Premium

Done!

MidFieldMaven likes this.
  10. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

11. CaddyKOP

CaddyKOP

Ow, that physically hurt my eyes. For shame.

Fat Tyre and dylanlikes88 like this.
  12. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

13. LeoStrop

LeoStrop

The C4 ZR-1 is a great car to have in GT6, i am spending a lot of time driving it on this track that i made. Tuned but with a stock exhaust and transmission, makes a beautiful sound above 6000 rpm.

[​IMG]

14. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I actually prefer the other C4 in GT6 for its 100 kg lighter weight, but the ZR-1 is the better car when modded up and tuned.

Gerarghini and LeoStrop like this.
  15. HDT Commodore

HDT Commodore

At first I didn't recognise what on earth that was with the lights up. Never paid that car any attention whatsoever (except in GT3 when it was my main rival in so many races)

MidFieldMaven likes this.
  16. Akenzo2

Akenzo2

I got bored at work today and read the whole 133 page story of the Standard gt6 car on this thread.
    Some ups, and downs, overall an 8/10. Mikhial K seems to be popular for those comparison pics. Would love to see more of that

17. MasterFocus

MasterFocus

Sorry I dont have "action" pics yet, but those will do for now :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

k12power, Ghost of Leon and ProjectF like this.
  18. Turbo

Turbo (Banned)

Sometimes I think how much it's a shame that some of the most iconic cars, like the Charger, in GT6 are left standard. Meanwhile kei cars and even duplicates, like the 1989&1991 Miatas, received the premium upgrade.

Word of advice to PD: make better decisions when you choose cars to get the premium treatment. Think about the cars people really want to see premium as a a whole, like this Charger, the Supra, and a few others

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  19. JDMKING13

JDMKING13 Premium

I definitely dig what your saying, but in the end at least we can drive them. I'm praying in GT7 a lot of these standards get converted to premium. I might be one of the few though that want to see all these cars in GT7, hopefully if they bring the standards over they clean them up dramatically. Jersey in the house!:cheers:

20. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I can't imagine they would port them over as-is onto the PS4. That would be absolutely shameful.

Fat Tyre, JDMKING13 and bruhracer399 like this.
  21. Turbo

Turbo (Banned)

Yes, driving these standards in GT6 is definitely better than not having them at all. The experience driving a standard car though, it's just not the same as driving a premium car.
    Hate to burst your bubble but last year, Kaz did say there would still be standard quality cars in GT, and a few (how much is a few?) will become premium.

JDMKING13 likes this.
  22. Raymond_Racer

Raymond_Racer

Keep in mind that they have to get an example of the car in its STOCK form to get scans of for the rendering process. With the Charger coming from America, and stock-level Supras becoming harder and harder to come by, it'll be hard for polyphony to find a collector with the cars needed.

23. Terje

Terje

So how are every other car game developer able to get these cars accurately represented in their games?

TwinTurbo LM and MidFieldMaven like this.
  24. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

Factories probable have those cars in stock form, and they are partner with PD. PD dont go from houce to houce and ask owner to picture their car. I think that factory have minimum one car that stays in.

25. SVX

SVX Premium

What makes kei cars not worthy to get premium?

26. tankuroded

tankuroded

>muh speed

Simply put, because they are considered slow. When tuned however, they can give fun not found in faster cars. ;)

UnkaD and SVX like this.
  27. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

Gt is game about all cars not just fast super cars. Am enjoying to drive, slow cars like Nissan Micra, WW Lupo, Fiat Punto. Also wagon cars like Impreza, Audi RS6 avant. And that is what I like in GT, game have every day cars in game not just 300+ km/h cars.

28. tankuroded

tankuroded

Also, some of the slower cars, such as Honda Civic and Mini Cooper, are considered popular. ;)

29. eran0004

eran0004

What do you mean "even duplicates"? Would you prefer it if they just upgraded one of them and left the other with their old low-res models, even though the bodies are exactly the same?

30. Turbo

Turbo (Banned)

I didn't say that all Kei cars aren't worthy of an upgrade.

Kei like the Honda Beat, Suzuki Alto RS-Z, and the Toyota Sports 800 are definitely worthy of premium. They have some history and are fun to drive, and the Alto hasn't been updated since GT3. Kei cars like the Daihatsu Moves, the Honda Today and Mitsubishi Minica don't have as much thrill as the other ones and are less worthy of a premium upgrade.