Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
One thing I noticed about the DLT-19X is that it sounds like a freakin' mortar going off. It even has that metallic "ping." :lol:

Yeah DLT19X was a complete disappointment, spent hours doing the contract requirements for it and then used it for about 5 minutes before deciding to never touch it again :lol: Apparently the other free new gun is better so currently working towards that.

One thing I did like about the DLT19X contract was I learnt how to use the cycler rifle and I might make it part of my regular load-outs now, very satisfying gun to use much better than the pulse canon.

One thing I did like about the DLT19X contract was I learnt how to use the cycler rifle and I might make it part of my regular load-outs now, very satisfying gun to use much better than the pulse canon.

It's useful to kill players in shields. Squad, personal, or blaster cannon, it goes through all of them.

Last night I was playing and I saw how one enemy was strafing quickly. It's like a 3-step strafe. Anybody seen it? :odd:

EDIT: Nevermind, people are telling me they were probably lagging :P

Last night I was playing and I saw how one enemy was strafing quickly. It's like a 3-step strafe. Anybody seen it? :odd:

EDIT: Nevermind, people are telling me they were probably lagging :P

Could it be the new combat roll animation incorrectly displaying? I've seen posts similar to what you're describing on Reddit, and people were saying it's most likely an error with the new animation.

Dan
Could it be the new combat roll animation incorrectly displaying? I've seen posts similar to what you're describing on Reddit, and people were saying it's most likely an error with the new animation.
It actually seemed like the user was doing it on purpose. I'm telling you because when I started shooting at him, he began doing it. I still capped his a.. though :sly::lol:

Yeah it's the combat roll, it lags badly and looks terrible even on my end it looks jerky and my player model digs into the ground.

Hey, you can get 5,000 free credits if you log in this weekend. I'll be taking advantage of that since I bought 10,000 credits-worth of charges last week in a fit of rage.

Dan
Hey, you can get 5,000 free credits if you log in this weekend. I'll be taking advantage of that since I bought 10,000 credits-worth of charges last week in a fit of rage.

I never, ever give in to the publisher's pressure to pay for upgrades.

Until, yeah, the rage :D

I never, ever give in to the publisher's pressure to pay for upgrades.

Until, yeah, the rage :D

Well, those were all charges for the Scan Pulse ability because I burn through those so quickly. Now, I'm kinda pissed because Scan Pulse is getting nerfed so hard. Without the upgrade, they only last for two seconds. With the Outer Rim update, the cooldown takes FOREVER. Also, I recently learned that your team doesn't see your scans. The whole time, I thought that I was benefitting my team by scanning, then rushing into a group of enemies and clearing them out. I feel like DICE is responsible for not making that clear before purchasing.

After trying it out in multiplayer a few times, I've determined the DL-18 to be "Meh" at best. I dunno what the damage on it is, but it seems like I yet outgunned by everything else in the game. I'll have to look into the stats on it, but it feels incredibly week IMO. I've always been decent with semi-auto weapons in other shooters, but from my experience with Battlefield 3 and 4, it feels like I'm using a .9 mm handgun againsta full auto assualt rifle. Just my personal experience with it. It still cool as heck, though.

And so after a few days of putting it off, today I decided to unlock the contract for the DLT-19X. I hear it isn't that great, but who knows, maybe it'll come in handy someday. After doing two matches of working on the assignment, I can say that the hardest part for me will be the Targeting Rifle Streaks. I albsolutpy hate the T-21B. The amount of shots it takes to kill someone just isn't my cup of tea. I've never been great with long range engagements, but I did manage to get one of the streaks done. Got roughly 3 headshots, which those will just come with time, and I'm currently sitting at 33% complete of the contract. Not bad for two rounds.

That being said I think I've found a decently easy way to get the Cycler Rifle kills. Just get really...really...REALLY... close to someone. I'm horrible with headshots with just about anything resembling a rifle, so I might as well use it where it'll give me an easy kill, right? Got seven kills, almost half, with it in one match. Not to shabby, if I do say so myself.

After trying it out in multiplayer a few times, I've determined the DL-18 to be "Meh" at best. I dunno what the damage on it is, but it seems like I yet outgunned by everything else in the game. I'll have to look into the stats on it, but it feels incredibly week IMO. I've always been decent with semi-auto weapons in other shooters, but from my experience with Battlefield 3 and 4, it feels like I'm using a .9 mm handgun againsta full auto assualt rifle. Just my personal experience with it. It still cool as heck, though.

And so after a few days of putting it off, today I decided to unlock the contract for the DLT-19X. I hear it isn't that great, but who knows, maybe it'll come in handy someday. After doing two matches of working on the assignment, I can say that the hardest part for me will be the Targeting Rifle Streaks. I albsolutpy hate the T-21B. The amount of shots it takes to kill someone just isn't my cup of tea. I've never been great with long range engagements, but I did manage to get one of the streaks done. Got roughly 3 headshots, which those will just come with time, and I'm currently sitting at 33% complete of the contract. Not bad for two rounds.

That being said I think I've found a decently easy way to get the Cycler Rifle kills. Just get really...really...REALLY... close to someone. I'm horrible with headshots with just about anything resembling a rifle, so I might as well use it where it'll give me an easy kill, right? Got seven kills, almost half, with it in one match. Not to shabby, if I do say so myself.

From what I've seen, the DLT-19X is absolutely NOT worth the effort. It only gets long range kills with headshots, the cooldown timer is a pain which makes follow-up shots almost impossible, and you're likely to be outgunned by just about any other long-range rifle.

I've seen gameplay of people dominating with the DL-18. Granted, they're skilled to begin with, but they can get an immense amount of damage applied to the enemy team in a very small amount of time. Like every pistol, it's more suited to CQC, but you'll have a hard time going face-to-face against an SE-14C (If they have explosive shot, just run away and nuke them from orbit).

Pretty sure I'm going to give up on this game and trade it in for my next game. The latest download, at over 8GB is just way too much on my internet speed, and there's nothing really new for me in it anyway.

My goal today will be mastering the DL-44. Still don't understand how people are so good with it. :boggled:

Btw, i'm appreciating the Slugthrower more and more since I play lots of close combat games. It penetrates throught energy shields too 👍

My goal today will be mastering the DL-44. Still don't understand how people are so good with it. :boggled:

Btw, i'm appreciating the Slugthrower more and more since I play lots of close combat games. It penetrates throught energy shields too 👍

I want the slugthrower so badly because it would fit perfectly with my playstyle, but I don't want to pay $15 for the DLC.

The DL-44 can still dish 50 damage up to 20 meters. The problem with it is the firing rate. DICE massively nerfed it, so you can no longer fire it rapidly. Symthic.com has valuable information on every weapon and star card. http://symthic.com/battlefront-stats

And they said the DLT-19X is useless...

Afterwords, I got a few more kills with it. Think I went 10 and 3. Definitely have to change up your playstyle with it, but it can be pretty good if you can use it. Needless to say, I was pretty excited throughout this match.

Anyone else slightly annoyed when Vader's light saber touches the ground during the HvV spawn screen but sparks or smoke don't appear?

@Leadfoot530 We didn't say you can't get kills with it, but it's still a terrible gun overall. If you want to snipe you're better off with the Pulse Canon or the Cycler Rifle. Having a sniper style gun as your primary weapon is useless in this game unless you just want to camp out the back and pick people off rather than actually playing the objective and helping your team.

Even then the T21b is a far better option as you don't have to wait like 5 seconds between shots and you can actually get kills in close quarters.

And they said the DLT-19X is useless...

Afterwords, I got a few more kills with it. Think I went 10 and 3. Definitely have to change up your playstyle with it, but it can be pretty good if you can use it. Needless to say, I was pretty excited throughout this match.

I love the excited jumping at the end. :lol: You should post that to the r/StarWarsBattlefront subreddit. I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

@Leadfoot530 We didn't say you can't get kills with it, but it's still a terrible gun overall. If you want to snipe you're better off with the Pulse Canon or the Cycler Rifle. Having a sniper style gun as your primary weapon is useless in this game unless you just want to camp out the back and pick people off rather than actually playing the objective and helping your team.

Even then the T21b is a far better option as you don't have to wait like 5 seconds between shots and you can actually get kills in close quarters.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess I've just fallen for the "oh mai gawd I just headshotted that guy from a distance" sort of hype. I literally can't stop using it. It just feels so rewarding over the Pulse Cannon. I almost feel like the P.C. is to easy to use; just a point and shoot.

I've never been good at sniping in any shooter ever, so you could say I'm pretty happy with how I'm doing with this thing.

EDIT: @Dan, the speech at the end was actually the "Oh Yeah" emote. If only I had a human skin on... :lol: :rolleyes:

Someone on Reddit suggested a new blaster that could be used is Jango Fett's custom WESTAR-34 pistol. In Attack Of The Clones, he uses two to fight Obi Wan Kenobi on Kamino, but loses one. In that fight, it sounds like a normal blaster, but in the Battle of Geonosis, it has a unique sound effect. Yes, Jango dies, but he also acquired two custom WESTAR-34s for Boba before his death. Finally, it could give Battlefront a Wild West-feeling, since Jango and Boba are bounty hunters, the name sounds like "Western," they can be dual-wielded, and Jango does the revolver flip and holster technique in the Battle of Geonosis.

The Kamino fight, with a regular blaster sound. Skip to 2:35 to see Jango hit his head on the door of Slave I. :lol:

The Geonosis fight, with the other sound effect for the WESTAR-34.

TBH I feel I'm done with the pistols. I did try to get a good grip (no pun intended) on the DL-44 and it was fine, but I switched to an automatic blaster after a few games. The DH-17 is the most forgiving one if you don't have a good aim, hence why I use it so much.

I just don't see it that different than the two new pistols added with the DLC.

My two cents..

Dan
When I read this I didn't know what you meant by the 'combat roll'. I JUST found out about it :dunce: and yeah, that has to be related to the bug I mentioned...

Also, I just found out how to switch from FPS to TPS and switch shoulders in-game. Me feels very dumb dumb :dopey:

Can you complete requirements to finish Hutt Contracts in private matches? I find it's almost impossible to get Scout Pistol kills and I just want to get the DL-18. I've already bought the contract, and I'm tired of getting my ass kicked before I can even get close enough to use the Scout Pistol.

EDIT: Just unlocked it, miraculously.

Last edited:
Not sure. I don't see why not. It's still considered an online match except only with people in your party.

From what i've read, the most tedious contract is the upgrade of the Dioxis grenade. It's so hard to actually kill people with it because everybody just runs away from the green smoke. I haven't bought that contract yet but the best method seems to be using the barrage along with it on Extraction so that the smoke actually ends up killing the players

Last edited:
Not sure. I don't see why not. It's still considered an online match except only with people in your party.

From what i've read, the most tedious contract is the upgrade of the Dioxis grenade. It's so hard to actually kill people with it because everybody just runs away from the green smoke. I haven't bought that contract yet but the best method seems to be using the barrage along with it on Extraction so that the smoke actually ends up killing the players

One method I heard is to fire two shots with the Dl-18 into the enemy, then chuck the grenade in. They'll be at 1 HP, apparently.

I gotta try that. But if you do find out about the private match, then let us know! I'll take advantage of that as well.

EDIT: Spent the last evening playing exclusively with the Dioxis grenade... NOT A SINGLE KILL with it smh...

Last edited:
Back