STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
Just caught up on the 2 latest episodes of Rebels.

Ignoring the obvious talking points, which I'm fairly happy with... I have two other thoughts... Thrawn's moment with Pryce was good - I like that he can generate quite a bit of fear, whilst still being a bad guy you can like. The other is about Rukh, he's a great bad guy henchman, really effective... the combo of him and Thrawn could easily carry on past the end of Rebels.

In other news..

Star Wars Resistance trademark has been filed. .. ... ?

So....Monday's episodes? Yeah...

I'm OK with them bringing time travel to the Star Wars universe, though I hope they don't over use it. (or at all ever again). Seeing as Ezra saved Ahsoka and she is now 100% alive, they now have yet another character they have to explain where they go. Needless to say the final episodes are going to be eye opening. Looking forward to them.

With that said, does anyone know where I can catch the full episodes without having cable? I'm ok with catching what has happened up to this point though reaction videos on YouTube, but would like to view the final episodes in all their glory.

Edit: Great video here that explains a certain part of the World Between Worlds:

Last edited:
Just got caught up on the final episodes...

Actually surprised they let so many of the main characters live. Personally I was thinking that Zeb could just go back to his people, sparing his life and that's exactly what they chose to do. I see they also dressed Rex up just like the guy on Endor, confirming that the old man is indeed him. And Hera and Kanan having a child? Who would've thought!?! Good to see Ahsoka around as well. Hopefully they give us something to complete the story of her and Sabine searching for Ezra. This also begs the question; did she have some influence in Luke creating the new Jedi order? The one that Ben Solo destroyed? And why did she show up at Lethol being guarded by X-Wings?

I could very much have done without...

Jason Syndulla ... it's easy to over analyse it - but I'm not sure what that says about Kanan and Hera's relationship

... I quite like the way they ended it in general though.

Just got caught up on the final episodes...

Actually surprised they let so many of the main characters live. Personally I was thinking that Zeb could just go back to his people, sparing his life and that's exactly what they chose to do. I see they also dressed Rex up just like the guy on Endor, confirming that the old man is indeed him. And Hera and Kanan having a child? Who would've thought!?! Good to see Ahsoka around as well. Hopefully they give us something to complete the story of her and Sabine searching for Ezra. This also begs the question; did she have some influence in Luke creating the new Jedi order? The one that Ben Solo destroyed? And why did she show up at Lethol being guarded by X-Wings?

I was surprised they let so many characters, main or otherwise, live and of course, a clone has to be one them to die.

Yeah, I'm liking it... I've got no problem with Alden so far... he's not Harrison Ford, but I think he can make the character work.

Yeah, I'm liking it... I've got no problem with Alden so far... he's not Harrison Ford, but I think he can make the character work.
I agree. I'm not asking him to be Harrison Ford. I'm asking him to be Han Solo. So far, I think he's up to the job. I'm also liking Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian.

Can't believe TLJ is coming onto Sky and I still haven't seen it.

I bought the Blu-Ray yesterday, will be my 3rd time watching it. Mixed opinions each time so far, still undecided on my overall verdict. Looking forward to sitting down with a beer and watching it properly.

I watched TLJ in Japan when I visited a friend for the holidays. My seat was super cramped and my knees felt like they were on fire the entire time because I couldn't stretch my legs at all. I finally got it on Blu-Ray a couple weeks ago, put it in the PS3 to watch it in the comfort of my own house, and my TV wouldn't turn on. So I've got to repair or replace my TV before I can watch TLJ in comfort (or anything else, for that matter.)

As previously rumored, the new animated show will be set between episodes 6 & 7 and will be called "Resistance".

star-wars-resistance-tall.jpg

This fall, welcome to the Resistance!

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

More:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut

Last edited:
I sense this will sit somewhere between Forces of Destiny and Rebels in Style... I'd rather it was closer to the Clone Wars.

We'll see I guess.

Kinda waiting for Ezra and Thrawn to go and battle Snoke in the unknown regions, with Ahsoka and Sabine battling to shake old enemies and find them.... in some medium or another.

Finally watched TLJ

What a waste of time. That movie was horrible. Oh the jump to light speed can destroy everything in it's path? Ok well then how about using it with those two ships that got blown up when they ran out of gas? Or using it to destroy the death star? Oh the empire can track ships through FTL travel? How about tracking people that leave the convoy? Or how about tracking people that show up (or leave again) in the millennium falcon? The movie was just a mess from one end to the other. Luke got terrible treatment, ending up a pathetic shell of his former self from ROTJ. The jokes didn't land, snoke had no real presence (nothing like the emperor), tons of scenes made no sense (the intercept on Finn's suicide for example), the fact that Fin and Rose were the only two who survived the jump to light speed attack, the whole plot to stop the empire from tracking, and the codebreaker guy who could just do anything he wanted at any moment but who was sitting in jail... wth.

Just a complete mess. Worse than EP7, which was pretty bad since it was just a retread of the original trilogy. Episode 5 remains the best star wars movie, followed by either 4 or rogue one. I'm not going to say this was prequel level quality, but it was below return of the jedi... which is pretty bad.

Finally watched TLJ

What a waste of time. That movie was horrible. Oh the jump to light speed can destroy everything in it's path? Ok well then how about using it with those two ships that got blown up when they ran out of gas? Or using it to destroy the death star? Oh the empire can track ships through FTL travel? How about tracking people that leave the convoy? Or how about tracking people that show up (or leave again) in the millennium falcon? The movie was just a mess from one end to the other. Luke got terrible treatment, ending up a pathetic shell of his former self from ROTJ. The jokes didn't land, snoke had no real presence (nothing like the emperor), tons of scenes made no sense (the intercept on Finn's suicide for example), the fact that Fin and Rose were the only two who survived the jump to light speed attack, the whole plot to stop the empire from tracking, and the codebreaker guy who could just do anything he wanted at any moment but who was sitting in jail... wth.

Just a complete mess. Worse than EP7, which was pretty bad since it was just a retread of the original trilogy. Episode 5 remains the best star wars movie, followed by either 4 or rogue one. I'm not going to say this was prequel level quality, but it was below return of the jedi... which is pretty bad.

To put your opinion in to context, on a scale of 1 to 10, how big of a Star Wars fan do you think you are, and also from 1 to 10, how good a film would you rate Empire as in the general context of Sci-Fi, or from films in general?

I wouldn't have said he lacked presence, or that they hadn't intended him to have any. Whilst I've got no problem with what they did to him in story I'd rather we had more with him in the first place. I thought he was a well executed, if underutilised, character.

I'll be honest, I was expecting Snoke to have a much larger role in TLJ, which led to me being quite surprised at what happened. When you see his hologram in TFA I thought right, this is gonna be the next Emperor but was was a little underwhelming.

A few times I have thought to myself...... what if they went down the clone Emperor road like the expanded universe did?

I am patiently waiting for Starwars 9. In my opinion Star wars ep5 was made greater (already was good) after ep6 completed the trilogy. I had very mixed feelings about ep8 which had pacing issues and spent too much time on an unimportant sidestory and lacking development on the main story (Snoke, Knights of Ren etc). But perhaps when the trilogy is completed it will show its quality and value in the bigger picture of a trilogy saga. Just hope they don't **** up the last one.

...I remember watching the Last Jedi and thinking,

....The film makers built up Finn as a traitor/spy in the way they framed him in shots and music/editing, plus that ominous bit where the pale faced general something-something telling Snoke about an underhanded method to track ships in FTL thingymajjigy, really led me to believe there was a heel turn coming.... And it all turned out to be a big heap of nothing. Besides that, though, I didn't have too big an issue with it, if I remember correctly. Sure, it's not the best movie ever made, but not terrible enough for some people to start an online petition to strike it off the official canon...

But then again, I've never been too heavily invested in the SW universe, so my feelings toward the franschise may not be as strong as the others.

To put your opinion in to context, on a scale of 1 to 10, how big of a Star Wars fan do you think you are, and also from 1 to 10, how good a film would you rate Empire as in the general context of Sci-Fi, or from films in general?

Well... it's a good question. I've seen all of the live action films. But I can't really say I like that many of them at this point. I like episode 4 well enough, and 5 was something of a cinematic landmark. 6 fell hard from that but salvaged itself with a solid beginning and ending (the two most important bits in the movie). The prequels were absolute garbage. Episode 7 was a solid movie in and of itself, but when you consider that 4-6 existed, it's a retread along the lines of raiders of the lost arc / last crusade, except that 4-6 had already been retreaded with the special edition, and 6 was its own bit of retread on 4. Rogue one was a pretty solid movie, and then we have TLJ.

I'm probably a solid 6 on the star wars fan meter, and I rate empire among the best movies of all time despite its flaws.

Back