STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,342 comments
So the uproar is only about the fact that her victimization went too far by comparing whatever she feels wronged about to the persecution of Jews by an entire society, not just the nazi party (and she has a point there, the german people as a whole was largely complicit with what the nazis did to the German jews).
That's the main thing I can assume has caused any uproar (unless there are other tweets not shown in the article). But the precedent for facing backlash over likening events to how the Jews were treated has alerady been set, a good while ago I might add.

I don't dissagree that we should welcome freedom to express a persons beliefs, but at the same time how we express those opinions and beleifs carries with it a weight of responsbility and anyone with half an ounce of common sense knows that you're taking a big risk to bring comparisons to the Jews and Germany into something like this.

@Scaff I don't think her point was that the government was censoring her, I think it was that society was asking for her to be censored and fired by her employer. Hence the comparison with the german society of the 1930's. Poor taste in comparing what led to the murder of millions to what will amount to the loss of livelihood of some actors.

About her other views, again I don't care much unless she condones crimes. I hate Trump and Trumpism with a passion, so I dislike her trumpist views (apparently she has them, didn't investigate this further). About her mocking the transgenders desire to be called "they", again I find it debatable that it should be censored. That's what she thinks, should we advise her to shut up and lay low about it, or else, as an actor, face oblivion ... ? That's the McCarthy way, surely 50 years on we can't defend THAT.

Last edited:
She could quite easily have put down the Twitter and walked away a while ago, so in that respect I don't have much sympathy. But I too am not entirely at ease with all this. When you boil away the slight sensationalism around what she's tweeted, and look at what she's actually said or done, I'm not sure there is enough there to justify sacking her. The very last thing I want is Disney manipulating Star Wars based on what an angry Twitter mob wants.

I'm personally not that fussed about it from the point of view of a viewer. The Cara Dune character was alright, nothing special for me after two seasons, Carano isn't a great actress but I liked her physicality in the role. I don't like recasts so I'd rather the character just get written out. Lucy Lawless is being championed as a replacement, I think that'd be great, so long as it's a different 'strong, lead female character'.

I missed the bit where Jews were in charge of Germany for four years before being turfed out by a couple percent swing to Nazis in Schleswig-Holstein, but refused to accept the result and stormed the Reichstag.

Though I suppose communists had burned it down in 1933, so... eh.

Carano isn't a great actress but I liked her physicality
Indeed.

The thing here though is that not only did she delete the post but there was no comments providing any context to what she meant by it. She may have taken it down after looking into the source of the post or vice versa. There's nothing there to say that she's playing the victim and there's certainly a point to me made about how pitting people against one another is a tool used by authoritarian regimes. This strikes me as more an excuse given some of the controversary surrounding her previous posts, but even looking back at those posts there is nothing to suggest to me that she has any real ill intent in what she's said, done, or shared there. She's even gone out of her way to interact with the fanbase, something she didn't have to do. Watching Drunk3PO's interview with her per below, the person she shows herself as and acts as in person doesn't line up with the way that entertainment media has portrayed her. Also it's worth noting that there are people within Lucasfilm like Pablo Hidalgo who have mocked and derided fans and still have jobs, showing that there's a double standard

Speaking of drunks, here's the critical drinker's take. Over the top but I guess alcohol does that. Warning: language

Last edited:
The thing here though is that not only did she delete the post but there was no comments providing any context to what she meant by it. She may have taken it down after looking into the source of the post or vice versa.

It appears it wasn't even a post she created, she simply shared it from someone else on Tik-Tok. I don't know if she made any comment to accompany it, or who the text in quotes was supposedly a quote from.

I don't see an issue with a company getting rid of, or just deciding to not re-sign an employee who's very public views don't line up with the corporate image they are trying to uphold. Having said that, old Walt himself would not have any issues with what Carano has been posting/sharing. But i guess that's a direction 21st century Disney is striving to get away from.

I've not watched the Mandalorian as yet, but having seen her wooden acting in other stuff it doesn't appear to be much of a loss to the SW universe.

Last edited:
Having said that, old Walt himself would not have any issues with what Carano has been posting/sharing

Wasn't this debunked a while ago? (Assuming we're accusing Carano of Anti-semitism)

Other than a far-out comparison I don't see anything wrong with her post that merits a response like that. If the big mouse wants to drop her to protect their corporate image, fine. If they did it under pressure from fear of cancel culture then we're back in the vicious cycle.

Drinker's video is awesome and it amazes me how talented he is in throwing this together in less than a day after the news broke. Side note this prompted me to cancel Disney+. It was the last straw given how they've gone out their way to destroy the good will that Luke's appearance had given them and given how much they've turned a blind eye to the type of toxicity and harassment that's been done by both their own and employees and fans of the sequels against people who have spoken out critically of the sequels.

This is how a true nerd expresses love for all things Star Wars. No idea if the maths make any sense but, then again ... who cares! :lol:

Last edited:
He was in hot water recently for just that.

This slipped through the cracks for me but I totally agree that it's unacceptable for a person involved with the project to deride their own fans. I've been watching reaction videos to the second season recently and I've been crying right along with these other fans.

Bad Batch, May the Fourth be with you.

EvAk2OhVkAQvr8M

I am really excited for The Bad Batch. Clone Wars might be my favorite Star Wars. The Bad Batch seems like it will pick up where The Clone Wars left off.

I think I saw Saw

You definitely saw Saw.

I am really excited for The Bad Batch. Clone Wars might be my favorite Star Wars. The Bad Batch seems like it will pick up where The Clone Wars left off.

Agreed...

I'm slightly (but only slightly) concerned that the Kaminoan/Clone girl becomes a dead weight McGuffin for the team... for me that makes things tedious from the get go.. which is why I was comfortable with Grogu leaving The Mandalorian.

You definitely saw Saw.

Agreed...

I'm slightly (but only slightly) concerned that the Kaminoan/Clone girl becomes a dead weight McGuffin for the team... for me that makes things tedious from the get go.. which is why I was comfortable with Grogu leaving The Mandalorian.

That girl (assuming it's a girl) is by now the source of much speculation. She uses a Nightsister's bow in the trailer (1:31 into the video) which is by itself very intriguing.

So yes, she will definitely play a central role in this show or, at least, its1st season.

Watching Ep.1 right now. Over an hour long.

Edit: Hmmmm. I didn't follow Rebels to know what was going on with the characters. I watched it all, but a little disappointed. To me, the animation seemed a step down from Clone Wars. I did dig some of the story. I don't know. Can't call this one.

Last edited:
Disney added some content featuring fly throughs of Star Wars ships and some cool scenes from different planet locations: Hoth, Mustafar(?) and the place where Luke fled to and others.

It was a nice episode, nothing truly spectacular but got me engaged and interested in following this series. This era post-republic, pre-rebellion is very much unexplored so it'll be interesting to get to know it a bit more.

The Depa Billaba and Caleb Dume cameos worked very well as a "prologue" and for me (Kanan fan) it was a nice, unexpected addition. The events aren't exactly portrayed as they were in the comics but I don't mind that. And even if this might be considered "fan service" , it was properly done as viewed from the Bad Batch's perspective. This is their story, not anyone else's.

In any case fans jumped to the oportunity and mixed scenes from adult Kanan and young Caleb, to IMHO great effect. Just two examples:

The first one gives me chills, very well made the superimposed "RUN!" as spoken by the Grand Inquisitor with the image of Depa Billaba saying the word

The second one made me curious, it was the first time I noticed that Kanan knew about the chip. But .... how does Kanan know about the clones justifying their actions with the chip (something he clearly didn't believe was a sufficient excuse for them) ? Could it be that he meets the Bad Batch again and Hunter tells him about it? Obviously it wasn't Rex, they didn't know each other before Rebels.

All this to say that maybe we meet young Caleb Dume again in the Bad Batch series ...

The events aren't exactly portrayed as they were in the comics but I don't mind that

I don't mind it... but it wouldn't have been that hard to make the scenes more comparable without changing anything they were doing. The comic is more from one view point, the Bad Batch is more from another, so I can accept that seeing it from two points of view could easily explain some stuff, but throwing in more of the clones that appeared in the comic wouldn't have been hard and perhaps focusing more on what they see than what Hunter is doing, and I don't think it would have detracted at all. IIRC the scene in the comic is set an night, I don't see why not mirror that too.

Overall I liked it. It's space A-Team that's going to tick a lot of canon boxes (or fan service, if you will). I thought the animation was on point, and I don't hate Omega, which I thought I might.

Was finally able to watch both episodes. First thing I have to say is that they REALLY stepped up the visuals on this series, especially the lighting. First thing I noticed and I can't get over how amazing it is. Also, depth of things in the background is much better.

With that said, I enjoyed them. Wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this series but it's got me hooked so far. Nice touch in the second episode going back to visit that clone that defected and his family. I thought for sure they were going to see Rex but as soon as they landed on the planet I knew where they were.

Back