Votes: 86 6.8%
  • European car

Votes: 260 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 28 2.2%

• Total voters
Depends what i can afford.

The Integra type R seems to be a good option for the starting budget

I'm thinking an NA Miata too, but with GT4 I was able to buy the tuned Golf from the Tuner Shops. Either the Miata or try to find a used Honda Civic. Either EG6 or EK9

I`ve been thinking about this now GT5 is almost here. A nice low milage used car to start off with. Something multi-purpose and bang for your buck like a Lancer EVO or a WRX. With one of these you can get quite far into the game by adding/removing parts for speed and handling. It gets you all through the early stages of the game and you can use it in the turbo and 4WD class races. Once it is no longer capable of winning races or simply punching above it`s weight it`s time to move on to something better.

I'm thinking a LeMons racer-ish POS would be a good car. An 80's French car that you'd expect to have start on fire -or- something communistical...a Trabant maybe? Is Lada in the game? Whatever type of car you'd expect to buy for $100 in the real world will be what I go for.

For some reason, I love to thrash around POS cars more than the exotics...even in real life.

Fun topic.

1991 Honda Prelude Si VTEC in Brittany Blue Green Metallic or a 1991 CIVIC SiR-II (EG) in Tahitian Green Pearl.

i think most might start off with a Japaneseanese car because of its low price and "best bang for the buck"..

Last edited by a moderator:
Preferably for me, a cheap AWD car such as a 90's Subaru Impreza or Toyota Celica.

Japanese car.

My first car in GT4 was a nissan (Can't remember which one) and my favorite car was Nissan motul pitwork or whatever the heck it's called.

Yup yup

Last edited:
Has to be a Honda - EK9 preferably, but might not be available at the beggining, so maybe EG6 or if that ain't available, probably an AE86 - and then off to Tsukuba!👍

Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth Model :D

McLaren F1 stealth model for me :D

We'll probably only be able to afford an old used car just as before. Anything can get us through the Sunday Cup. Throw a few upgrades on there and it's good for Clubman cup too.

I'll probably end up doing all the license tests, and driving school features first. Want to earn stuff out of those before spending credits. Get a good feel for the physics as well.

I'm going to start with a Chinese car!!! I will die in it though, but atleast it will only cost me 4 credits!

maybe instead of others, i shouldve put "the car i drive in real life".. lol

No worries--I picked two cars I owned, except my deceased US-spec Civic Si isn't as nice as the Si-R (125hp SOHC D16Z6 VTEC instead of the superior 158 hp DOHC 1.6L B16A VTEC ).

The Prelude is close enough, though. I hope it drives better than in GT1~4--it could be a pig in the corners.

i wonder if mileage will have anything to do with the game? coz since most people want used cars, will a car with 10,000 miles on it perform better than a car with 200,000 miles?

-> If PD recognizes Acura enough and included this in GT5, I'd pick this:

Acura Integra GS-R (DB2) '92
gsr_brochure.jpg

^ If not:

Honda S2000 (AP1, J) '01
s2000s.jpg

:sly:

Well on GT4 i started off with an old Evo, not sure which model it was (it's been ages since i played GT4) but it was very quick for a starting car, could easily win the beginner races with it! :D

So i guess if an old Evo makes a return, i'll take that :)

Back