STCC: Super Touring Car Championship - V8-Johnboy is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Scaniabebe
  • 2,182 comments
I haven't decided my car yet, bet I'll be running as my AMRacing outfit from TOCA which is open to negotiations for drivers 👍 That is unless I get another offer...

I'll update the information 👍

On another note, I shall be running a Testing Lounge from 2PM GMT today - and we shall be spending about an hour of testing before I change some of the regulations for each car. Then at about 3:15PM - I am hoping to do an experimental Race Meeting where we do a sort of practice of the actual night's events; this means we can iron out any possible problems. Therefore, it'd be appreciated if we could get as many guys as possible to join us this afternoon! :D

I think we may use High Speed Ring for one of the test tracks today (as I'm going to be starting in about 40 minutes)..
Then I'm looking at maybe using Spa as another test track - with Brands Hatch Indy for the test event..

Here is scans calender:

Round 1,2,3:
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Round 4,5,6: Silverstone International Circuit
Round 7,8,9: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Round 10,11,12: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Round 13,14,15: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Round 16,17,18: Suzuka Circuit
Round 19,20,21: Fuji Speedway GT
Round 22,23,24: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Round 25,26,27: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
Round 28,29,30: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

That calender is yet to be confirmed; although it'll follow that sort of pattern :D
And what track would you like to run at for the Test Event? Saying Brands isn't particularly liked!
Motegi...?
Boring track but good for testing.

Are pretty good:tup: Surprised Autumn Ring isn't in there i thought you touring car guys loved that place with these thing's.:sly:

That calender is yet to be confirmed; although it'll follow that sort of pattern :D
And what track would you like to run at for the Test Event? Saying Brands isn't particularly liked!
Fuji's not bad plenty of twisty bits along with a long straight.💡

But the original tracks are some of the best: Cape ring, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Autumn ring; They're all great for touring cars

But the original tracks are some of the best: Cape ring, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Autumn ring; They're all great for touring cars
I agree with most of those i've only heard bad thing's about that Willow Springs place although i've never tried it myself.:lol::guilty: Which track is it for the test then Scanny i might jump on in a bit.

I agree with most of those i've only heard bad thing's about that Willow Springs place although i've never tried it myself.:lol::guilty: Which track is it for the test then Scanny i might jump on in a bit.

Willow Springs is pure hell.. You get a wheel off the track and that's it.. Basically race over!
I'm thinking High Speed Ring for the 1-2pm test session.. Then Grand Valley Speedway for the 2-3pm session.. Then Autumn Ring for the Test Event!

Willow Springs is pure hell.. You get a wheel off the track and that's it.. Basically race over!
I'm thinking High Speed Ring for the 1-2pm test session.. Then Grand Valley Speedway for the 2-3pm session.. Then Autumn Ring for the Test Event!
Good bring on the classics! Willows OK for two cars battling but any over 6 would be a nightmare... Ii'm dreading TOCA there :nervous:

Good bring on the classics! Willows OK for two cars battling but any over 6 would be a nightmare... Ii'm dreading TOCA there :nervous:

My plan is to get a good qualifying there... Get away from the pack - and then for the other two rounds... Do what I did yesterday and weave all around the pack to a good position!

No thats just the manufacture we are using.

What we mean is - you're the only guys running the Volvo at the minute... Therefore, you're a Works Team (you get Independent Teams and Works Teams). That means you're technically "Volvo Sport", but powered by HTR Tuning.

PS: Is the Volvo your final choice in car?

All the Manufactures will have at least one works team - for example;

Honda will have "Honda Racing"; powered by whatever the team is (Bob's Motorsport, for example)..

What we mean is - you're the only guys running the Volvo at the minute... Therefore, you're a Works Team (you get Independent Teams and Works Teams). That means you're technically "Volvo Sport", but powered by HTR Tuning.

PS: Is the Volvo your final choice in car?

Yes it is & okay thats fine. But if anyone else chooses Volvo they can have the works.

Well, the first phase of testing is now complete... These are the final results...
STCCResults_zps97c65bcb.jpg

Due to the lack of hope for some cars; we're going to be waving goodbye to the Ford, Vauxhall, Toyota, BMW and Renault.. This will leave 8 cars to be worked on (Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Volvo, Lexus, Audi, Alfa Romeo and Peugeot).

Car Notes:
1990 Nissan Primera: Is one of the fastest cars in the pack; scored the best overall points haul. Handling is almost faultless and the straight line speed means this is a killer package that'll have to be slowed down.

2000 Honda Accord: The Accord suffers from the same problems as the Nissan.. Very good handling and good speed - but cannot quite match the pure pace of the Nissan. Some work will have to be made to slow it down.

2002 Mazda Familia: The Mazda was a surprising late entry - rounding out the Top 3 cars being also very competitive throughout the first testing period. The Familia is much faster than the 323f/Lantis - but it's too quick at the moment...

2003 Volvo S60 T5 Sport: The Volvo is one of the best of the rest cars... Handling is fairly good - but where this car really comes into its own is in the straight line speed. I don't think any action is needed for now...

2001 Lexus IS300 Sport Cross: The Lexus was another late entry that turned out to be very surprising. Being the only Station Wagon in the Series - we was expecting it to be a dog to drive; but the extra weight over the rear wheels has helped it to be a predictable - but fast motor. No action needed for now...

1998 Audi S4: The Audi is a bit of a tricky one to figure out to be fair; the 20:80 Power Split stops it from being dominant at all times - but it does mean that it can be a little on the unstable side at times. However, when a slide initiates - it's very easy to control as the front wheels help to bring everything back into line. Very good package overall - but might be dominant if the weather takes a turn for the worst. No action needed for now...

1998 Alfa Romeo 156: The only Italian car on the grid - and one of three European cars. It's straight line speed appears to be good; but the handling is far from it with large amounts of understeer. This means that if the problems cannot be tuned out - it may become the underdog for this season. However, we are going to make a small tweak to its regulations to see if we can help it keep up with the Volvo, Lexus and Audi...

1998 Peugeot 406 Coupe: You may have noticed that we have booted cars that are faster than it (Toyota, BMW and Renault).. This is because those cars are very difficult to drive quickly and are also fairly awkward in their specs which means there's not much we can really do about them. However, the Peugeot is still a possibility for competing. Sadly, the straight line speed does suffer slightly and it isn't as fast as other cars on the grid... As well as this, the handling isn't that grand either. Therefore, we're planning on making some drastic regulation changes for it - so that it'll stand more of a chance of being competitive. No matter what though, this car will most likely need a good setup to be a competitive piece of kit!

--------------------
@DirtyNurbKing58, @xflow1390, @Roflwaffle, @swiftsmith, @unitedstomper, @V8-Johnboy, @raceorama123432, @ItsJackMace, @SkengD
--------------------
Also, at 4PM GMT - we shall be running a Test Event to see how a race evening would plan out (so we can make changes if needed). Make sure you're there! 👍

Back